Applying for I-912, Request for Fee Waiver to get Green Card through asylum

Asylum seeker

Registered Users (C)
My co-worker planing to apply for I-485 for Adjustment of Status for him and his family to get green card through asylum.
He's low-income and the fees for I-485 for himself and his family will be more that $4000 plus medical tests and any attorney or legal fees.

I don't have any experience with I-912. What do you guys think?
Do you think applying for I-912 request for fee waiver to get Green Card through asylum is BAD or GOOD idea.

From what I learned through some people's experience was that you need to provide financial information along with the application.
They will try to inquire about your bank balance(average 12 month or something), income and W2s. If it falls below their set income based on size of your household, it will be free.
Please check that information based on your family and you will have your answer for qualification.
Best of luck

@Asylum seeker, I think it is neither good or bad. If your friend qualifies as low-income, he can apply. He just need to provide information regarding income level.

I was worry that they may delay his green card processing, or give him hard time because he's not paying them, even if he is low income.

@Asylum seeker It is not delaying process. Once he sends his documents, his application for waiver will be reviewed. And if he is eligible, than they will send his docs for processing and send him a notice of acceptance.
It can delay process if they decide he is not eligible and ,I think, they send whole package back in this case.

@Asylum seeker, I saw in your timeline that you got your green card this month. How long did you wait for it from applying?
I received my green card after about 40 days from the day they received my application. As I know it usually take about 5 months to get your green card. It was very quick to the point of surprise and scare me. I wondering till today why and whether that was normal.
What do you guys think?

@Asylum seeker That was super fast. Have no idea why. I applied for green card and prepared myself to wait at least 6 months, but I just got my approval! I am so happy. It took 2.5 months so I think it was fast too.

@Asylum seeker That was super fast. Have no idea why. I applied for green card and prepared myself to wait at least 6 months, but I just got my approval! I am so happy. It took 2.5 months so I think it was fast too.
That was fast too. I don't know why, but I think the office responsible about the green card applications in the USCIS don't have tones of pending applications at the time we applied for green card. Or maybe they hired more staff at that office.