Arrest record , applying for f1 visa

Is it possible for me to get F1 visa

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters

Raisa

Hi, i am on f2 visa. I was arrested about 1 year ago for domestic violence. A 3rd deg felony and a class b misdemeanor. Both charges were dismissed with prejudice.now i am trying to emroll in phd programme? Is it possible for me to get F1 visa? What sort of probls may arise during visa conversion? What to do if visa is rejected? Please someone help.

My husband and me had an arguement while i was cooking. At one point i went to other room while i was holding kitchen knife and closed the door. My husband got afraid and called police. They arrested me eventhough we expianed that there was never a threat and i was in middle of cooking .thats why the knife was with me. But they charged me anyway. Eventually the charges were dismissed. But now I am trying to get into school. But i think this arrest record can interfere with my visa chances. Can you please tell me what can happen? What can I do to prevent consequences

Your incident is really bad, if this incident raised by your neighbours you can tell them they mistaken, but it raised by your husband, any way not all court cases will lead to barring the visa, Just consult murthy attorney for safe side and carry all your court documents( assuming you are going to embassy), if you are not going and just applying chnage of status its not abig deal. You can do it easily.

Your incident is really bad, if this incident raised by your neighbours you can tell them they mistaken, but it raised by your husband, any way not all court cases will lead to barring the visa, Just consult murthy attorney for safe side and carry all your court documents( assuming you are going to embassy), if you are not going and just applying chnage of status its not abig deal. You can do it easily.

I have got one last query. Should I apply for conversion while staying in usa ? It takes a lot of time to do that. Or should I apply for F1 visa going to my country? Does that reduce the possibility of getting visa?