Pending H1b extension approval and visitor's visa for parents?

Consuls spend 45 to 60 seconds on average on a submitted DS-156. In my personal opinion, your H-1B documents (or lack thereof) were not the reason for the denial. The consul looked at the DS-156s and determined that your parents are potential immigrants.

Thats right, the letter says that it was denied under section 214(b), for not presenting enough ties to the home country or evidence that they will come back after the trip.

visa rejected even with h1-b extension notice

Guys,

Unfortunately my parents B2 visa got rejected because of not having approval of my H1-B extension. My parents presented the extension receipt as well as my company letter, but the visa officer sweetly denied the visa based on the fact that I do not have approval notice yet.

-RedSoxGuy
Hi,
Sorry to know about the visa denial. But pls let me know did you sponsor the visa when your extension was in process.

Hi,
Sorry to know about the visa denial. But pls let me know did you sponsor the visa when your extension was in process.
Hello Vicky9

I am in a similar situation like yours. I have my petition in pending status. i would like to know if the b2 visa was affected because of the sponsor visa status.

kindly share your experience

This thread is more than 7 years old; it's unlikely someone from that long would respond here.

B2 visitor visas do not.. repeat.. B2 visitor visas do not require a US-based sponsor. If you read previous posts on this thread, you would realize COs do not look at documents. You're wasting your time with extensions and premium processings and sponsorships for someone's B2.

Parents B2 Visa:

I have my visa ending on May 2017 based on my recent I797. My company is in the process of applying for extension which should be done by this week. I have my parents interview scheduled on April 11 2017. I'm little worried whether this will be rejected. Appreciate your thoughts on the current scenario.

Parents B2 Visa:

I have my visa ending on May 2017 based on my recent I797. My company is in the process of applying for extension which should be done by this week. I have my parents interview scheduled on April 11 2017. I'm little worried whether this will be rejected. Appreciate your thoughts on the current scenario.
B2 is primarily rejected if the interviewing officer has reasons to believe an applicants' ties to home are lacking. H1 status unlikely to be a factor.
Keep us posted how it goes in a couple of weeks.

B2 is primarily rejected if the interviewing officer has reasons to believe an applicants' ties to home are lacking. H1 status unlikely to be a factor.
Keep us posted how it goes in a couple of weeks.
The Visa interview was very easy. They granted Visa for my parents. My younger brother who is studying was denied with the Visa under section 214 b.