I would like some info on if this is legal

Justice 1234

I applied for my parents to come to live in the US.However, my dad still works in the other coutry.They came for a visit for 29 days, to the Us, then left to return to there home and work in their home country.I have recived their green cards, but they have no ties such as a home,taxes, or any other ties to the Us.Should I mail their greencards to them ,and be done with it? I don't want to get into trouble,even the place where the green card was sent was to a friend's address and my friend doesn't want to lie because he said they are using the green card wrong.I don't want to get into trouble either but I don't think this is illegal.I mean sending their green cards to them in another country. They don't plan on moving here, they just want to visit here when they want because of their jobs, house, family, life and siblings that all live in the other country. What should I do,I applied for them , but want to follow the law.any advice

I applied for my parents to come to live in the US.However, my dad still works in the other coutry.They came for a visit for 29 days, to the Us, then left to return to there home and work in their home country.I have recived their green cards, but they have no ties such as a home,taxes, or any other ties to the Us.Should I mail their greencards to them ,and be done with it? I don't want to get into trouble,even the place where the green card was sent was to a friend's address and my friend doesn't want to lie because he said they are using the green card wrong.I don't want to get into trouble either but I don't think this is illegal.I mean sending their green cards to them in another country. They don't plan on moving here, they just want to visit here when they want because of their jobs, house, family, life and siblings that all live in the other country. What should I do,I applied for them , but want to follow the law.any advice
You may send the Green Cards to them alright, no legal issue for you. However, from what you describe, your parents may eventually loose their Green Cards if they do not establish and maintain permanent residency in the US and file respective US tax returns as described in additional detail here:
https://www.uscis.gov/green-card/after-green-card-granted/maintaining-permanent-residence

The GC is not meant to be used as a super visa for entering and visiting the US when they want. They shouldn't have applied for it if they have no plan of living in the US. Rest assured, they will loose their LPR status in no time based on the description you've given above.

Thank you all for answering the questions.I have one more my father works in the other country , does he have to file an irs form for here to pay taxes? They have money saved and property their do they have to pay taxes here in the Us? I am asking bcz other immigrants have said that the US will not find out but I am trying to do this properly.

They also believe that US customs, will not find out about their absence from the US bcz , they will be using my address. I don't want to get into trouble.

Thank you all for answering the questions.I have one more my father works in the other country , does he have to file an irs form for here to pay taxes? They have money saved and property their do they have to pay taxes here in the Us? I am asking bcz other immigrants have said that the US will not find out but I am trying to do this properly.
If you'd read the link above, you'd find the following information in respect to tax filing obligations:

"Abandoning Permanent Resident Status
You may also lose your permanent resident status by intentionally abandoning it. You may be found to have abandoned your status if you:
* Fail to file income tax returns while living outside of the United States for any period.
* Declare yourself a “nonimmigrant” on your U.S. tax returns."
This can not be much clearer, could it?
If your parents believe the Department of Homeland Security has no access to their travel history or could be confused by using your US address, they are badly mistaken.

Last edited:
They also believe that US customs, will not find out about their absence from the US bcz , they will be using my address. I don't want to get into trouble.

For someone that wants to do possibly, you seem to have explored every loophole and potential cheat that your friends talk about. You could just read the official guidelines and follow them - rather than the advice of your friends that seem interested in gaming the system....

I didn't explore any loop hole, I am trying to explain this to friends and family that this is the correct way to do things.I was simply asking these questions , so that they would see, that lieing will not be easy as they think k it wold be.Anyway, thanks for everyones help and time.

I didn't explore any loop hole, I am trying to explain this to friends and family that this is the correct way to do things.I was simply asking these questions , so that they would see, that lieing will not be easy as they think k it wold be.Anyway, thanks for everyones help and time.
Well, now you are aware of some of the specifics on Permanent Residence requirements for US Green Card holders. It really is not rocket science for folks using the Green Card as intended by US immigration law. Good luck.

Why did the parents apply for a green card when they have jobs and property they have no intention of abandoning?

What country are your parents in, out of curiosity?