• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2017 OC Selectees

Thanks for your prompt response
My CN: 2015AF00076105
and DS-260 submitted by SEP 2014
Well, you had a very high CN so that's the reason you did not get 2NL. For Africa DV-2015 highest CN that got 2NL was around 50000. Thanks to BritSimon, more on Historical Visa Bulletin Numbers here

Anyone familiar with Auckland interview process, tried to book for medical but the form which I downloaded from travel.state is incomplete. The lady at medical told that I will receive a package from US embassy but it is not written anywhere. I was just following the process from this link https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/diversity-visa/if-you-are-selected.html. Can anyone advise on this please.

I would go back through the OC2015 and OC2016 threads as there were plenty of Auckland people in there. Perhaps read through those?

Hey guys.

I've been reading about you all but never created an account.

I unlocked my DS 260 over a month ago but they scheduled me for interview with it unlocked for Oct.

Called KCC but nothing they could do.

Feel so unprepared for the interview wanted more time :(

Hey guys.

I've been reading about you all but never created an account.

I unlocked my DS 260 over a month ago but they scheduled me for interview with it unlocked for Oct.

Called KCC but nothing they could do.

Feel so unprepared for the interview wanted more time :(

It would be interesting to know whether they had completed your DS260 processing prior to your unlocking. However, I think they will let processing finish if you unlock after processing starts (as opposed to the backlog waiting).

Yeah it seems if they start processing the DS 260 even if unlocked it will be submitted to the embassy.

I've tried calling about changing interview date but this seems really hard they told me to go to a website and sign up.

Also scared I'll do this and they won't rebook me

Yeah it seems if they start processing the DS 260 even if unlocked it will be submitted to the embassy.

I've tried calling about changing interview date but this seems really hard they told me to go to a website and sign up.

Also scared I'll do this and they won't rebook me

Sydney will rebook - but I have known them take several months to do that. I have also known it be quite fast/smooth.

The lesson (too late for you, but maybe will help others) is delaying DS260 submission is the best way to control the interview date!

Yeah definitely Britsimon it's such a lesson!

So I won't be having it an the Sydney embassy I'm in another country - I'm having so much trouble trying to change the date for interview - they directed me to some website that doesn't find my application for changing the interview - says it's not scheduled.

Do you know if they'll take both my passports or just the Australian? I will be travelling 4 days later

@allabouttonight is there a way you could just leave the interview at the original date? You have over a month or 6 weeks I guess to get all your supporting paperwork and do the medicals, that's enough. Are you going on a short holiday or travelling out of the country for a while?

@Wingpin it's a short holiday, it's just bad timing as I have a holiday before the interview and then a holiday straight after it. I really didn't think they would schedule me but I guess I've gotta roll with the punches

Yeah definitely Britsimon it's such a lesson!

So I won't be having it an the Sydney embassy I'm in another country - I'm having so much trouble trying to change the date for interview - they directed me to some website that doesn't find my application for changing the interview - says it's not scheduled.

Do you know if they'll take both my passports or just the Australian? I will be travelling 4 days later

The site they directed you to is probably the DHL or similar site which is not how DV interviews are booked. For DV that site only provides the courier service.

They will only need one passport in the case of existing dual citizenships.

Resubmitted my DS260 just now. Updated with the final date of my studies (found out I completely finished during the week) and my new passport number. Now to sit back and wait for the months to pass (and read the experiences of people that interview before me, of course!).

@RejectedSpark Yes me too! I will submit mine in 1-2 weeks from now in the forlorn attempt to get a January interview as I am due to finish my BSc in December. Cross your fingers for me! :)

Last edited:
Actually, while we wait, maybe we can start a discussion. I'm sure I'm not the only one going through a list of possibilities for the changes we're likely to make if this comes through. For example, if you own property - are you selling or holding? If you have furniture, are you selling or shipping? If you're working, are you quitting or going to try and transfer? (I know, I know, I'm a very forward planner, but hey it'll help pass the time :p)

In terms of property, we sold ours. It was worth alot and we weren't going to make the money back on the rental market. Plus we couldn't be a**ed managing it from overseas. The only thing I would warn about this method is capital gains if the house is your primary residence. We don't pay it in Australia but you have to pay it here in the US as an LPR if the net gain (in USD) is $250,000 for singles and $500,000 for couples.

We didn't bring any furniture over. I know some people do but we have a friend here in NC who shipped her furniture across and she said it smelt damp for months after arriving. Kinda musty. She moved here over 10 years ago so shipping methods have probably changed in that time. But it's something worth thinking about. Honestly, unless it's an heirloom, I wouldn't bring it. We brought some paintings and a few precious pieces in our suitcases and that was it. Plus, it's fun to buy new things. :)

I didn't quit my job but I did take a year long leave of absence, just to protect myself. We weren't 100% sure we'd like it here and I wanted to keep my Australian options open. Once I had found a job and had settled into it, I quit the Australian job entirely. I worked for government in Australia so there was no real opportunity to transfer anyway.

Last edited:
Oh my gawd. It was $570 just for the initial consultation with the panel doctor. Hopefully I don't need any, but any needles are extra. This is with Sonic Health Plus in Melbourne, Victoria just for reference. I nearly had a spit take all over my work PC. I guess I better get used to those exorbitant doctors fees anyhow haha.

$570 - Doctors,
$42 - Police check
$437 - Processing fee
$1,356 - One way flight to Atlanta, GA
LPR - Priceless :p