• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Won DV2017 but with two problems

WhoWon

law office called me a week ago telling me I won the dv lottery via usafis.org and they want me to proceed with them. I immediately thought it's a scam, so I asked them to send me a proof. 2 days after they sent me the case number. I took it, called KCC office and they confirmed to me it's true, this case number is real and it's attached to my name yes! WOW!

I even took a step further to make sure, because it's too good to be true! so I went to ceac.state.gov/IV/Login.aspx website, put the case number, and yes, it's true! My name is there with country and everything ready to fill

I actually applied with usafis in 2009, and never knew they are submitting my application every year. I forgot about them and thought I made a mistake because I read everywhere that they are a scam!

Anyway, now after I won, I have two problems though:

- First: I got married in 2012, and my application with usafis was single. So the application I won with is with "Singel" status. I read that if you didn't include your social status in the time you're submitting your application, you will be disqualified. What to do now with this problem?
- Second: My application with usafis I put a wrong birth date. Year and date is correct, but the month is wrong. Does that make any problem?

And the last question is: I cannot go to USA in the next 2 years because I have some commitments here in my country. Is that ok?

Thank you all

Oh yeah another question: The law office told me their fees is $3000, do I need them? Would they at least help me with the two problems with my application?

Brutal truth? Forget about the selection, you WILL be disqualified at the time of your interview. You're not only required to correctly list your "social" status on the entry form, you're also required to include the details of your spouse and their picture if married, which clearly did not happen in your case.

You will basically be throwing money away if you proceed with the selection. If this so called 'law office' say they can rectify the problems regarding your marital status and DOB, they are lying - they are simply after the $3000 fee they've indicated they will charge you.

Forget them. Ask them to not enter you in the lottery again, put in the application on your own going forward to ensure you provide accurate and up to date information about yourself and your family. And ensure you use most recent passport photos too.

law office called me a week ago telling me I won the dv lottery via usafis.org and they want me to proceed with them. I immediately thought it's a scam, so I asked them to send me a proof. 2 days after they sent me the case number. I took it, called KCC office and they confirmed to me it's true, this case number is real and it's attached to my name yes! WOW!

I even took a step further to make sure, because it's too good to be true! so I went to ceac.state.gov/IV/Login.aspx website, put the case number, and yes, it's true! My name is there with country and everything ready to fill

I actually applied with usafis in 2009, and never knew they are submitting my application every year. I forgot about them and thought I made a mistake because I read everywhere that they are a scam!

Anyway, now after I won, I have two problems though:

- First: I got married in 2012, and my application with usafis was single. So the application I won with is with "Singel" status. I read that if you didn't include your social status in the time you're submitting your application, you will be disqualified. What to do now with this problem?
- Second: My application with usafis I put a wrong birth date. Year and date is correct, but the month is wrong. Does that make any problem?

And the last question is: I cannot go to USA in the next 2 years because I have some commitments here in my country. Is that ok?

Thank you all

Absolutely zero chance of being approved - and a clear demonstration why submitting applications through these organizations does more harm than good.

You would be disqualified at interview because of
  1. - The marital status change & therefore not listing an eligible spouse
  2. - The out of date photo
  3. - The incorrect birthdate.

There is absolutely NO remedy for point 1 - it is certain disqualification. . Points 2 and 3 can be overcome in some cases.