How do I get my mother a green card.

leugiM

I know this may have been asked before, possibly not a similar to my case. I am sorry if this is a re post and to the moderator please feel free to move my post.

My mother immigrated, "Illegally" in 1985 I myself was born in 1986. In the late eighties I believe there was a reform during the Reagan term from 81 to 89; where immigrants could apply through their jobs for residency. All of my aunts and uncles took advantage of this reform thus receiving green cards, My mother also "tried" to do this at the time, but for some reason or other was denied. In 1992 my family took a vacation to Mexico, upon return my mother used a passport that did not belong to her, she was regrettably caught. Last year we paid a lawyer to pull her FBI finger print file, the incident was no where to be found. She has been in this country for 27 year without proper documentation, she has lived in this country longer than her home country. I would like to know how I can go about getting her legalized, I have done a lot of research; although, I understand a lot of the information I am generally lost. I understand there will be a fee and have money saved to do this. I understand that she may be punished and sent to Mexico for X amount of time. Aside from Me she also has three other kids a 17 year old, 22 year old, myself, and a 33 year old who was born in Mexico but attained legalization through marriage in 2005.

How did she re-enter after getting caught when trying to use a fradulent document?

In 1992 my family took a vacation to Mexico, upon return my mother used a passport that did not belong to her, she was regrettably caught. She has been in this country for 27 year without proper documentation, she has lived in this country longer than her home country.

advice

Yes it could be possible and for this you have to sue the case in the court.You may get the citizenship of USA as the lea permit such things.Bu it required a lot of work and you have arrange a layer expert of immigration cases.

Hello!I am here because I want to help a very good person – my niece. She lives in the US now, but both of us came from the Philippines.Actually, I have been here for a long time, many years.I have friends and family. In a word, I have begun to feel at home here. The younger daughter of my sister came here several months ago.Her name is Malaya. She stays here illegally.We live in a very small apartment, but we accommodated my niece at our place.

Of course, at first there were a lot of problems, as Malaya does not speak English at all. She could not even go shopping without me.Besides she is so shy… I am surprised that she made up her mind to go to the US.However she is a good girl.She helps me about the house, looks after children, so I can save on a nanny.When she learned English a little, she began working as a nanny in other families.

Malaya has lived in the US for a fairly long period of time.She would like to work as a hairdresser. She is extremely good at it.Now all my friends go only to her to have their hair cut, colored or arranged.Her dream is to find a job in a good salon, attend master classes and improve her professional skills.I am sure that any salon would be graced by my niece. She looks very pretty.She just should obtain an official permit to live and work in the US. But it is not so easy.

Unfortunately, I cannot help Malaya, however, maybe, there is someone here who can tell us what to do?

Hello!I am here because I want to help a very good person – my niece. She lives in the US now, but both of us came from the Philippines.Actually, I have been here for a long time, many years.I have friends and family. In a word, I have begun to feel at home here. The younger daughter of my sister came here several months ago.Her name is Malaya. She stays here illegally.We live in a very small apartment, but we accommodated my niece at our place.

Of course, at first there were a lot of problems, as Malaya does not speak English at all. She could not even go shopping without me.Besides she is so shy… I am surprised that she made up her mind to go to the US.However she is a good girl.She helps me about the house, looks after children, so I can save on a nanny.When she learned English a little, she began working as a nanny in other families.

Malaya has lived in the US for a fairly long period of time.She would like to work as a hairdresser. She is extremely good at it.Now all my friends go only to her to have their hair cut, colored or arranged.Her dream is to find a job in a good salon, attend master classes and improve her professional skills.I am sure that any salon would be graced by my niece. She looks very pretty.She just should obtain an official permit to live and work in the US. But it is not so easy.

Unfortunately, I cannot help Malaya, however, maybe, there is someone here who can tell us what to do?
As a US citizen you can sponsor your niece's parents and if your niece's father or mother is your sibling, you may sponsor him or her for lawful status in America, under the family preference category. Your niece may immigrate along her father or mother if she is below age 21 and if she is single. Otherwise, after your sibling immigrates to the United States, he or she can file an immigrant petition for your unmarried niece and help her get a US Green Card down the road. Above routes presume that Malaya did not incur a temporary ban, due to living in the US undocumented over a certain period of time. Last but not least, your niece may marry an US citizen and follow the I-130/I-485 Adjustment of Status process, as long as she entered the US legally in the first place and irrespective of whether her visa has since expired. Your best way forward therefore is to seek qualified advice and support from an experienced immigration lawyer, supporting the Philippine community here in the US.

Last edited:
Good day dear forum participants. My niece came to the US on a visa (H-2B), but soon after a couple of months will end, we consulted, it is possible to issue a visa and H-3, but it is necessary to find an employer who is interested in it. Maybe there is another option, prompt.

Good day dear forum participants. My niece came to the US on a visa (H-2B), but soon after a couple of months will end, we consulted, it is possible to issue a visa and H-3, but it is necessary to find an employer who is interested in it. Maybe there is another option, prompt.
A nonimmigrant visa category would allow your niece to come to the US temporarily. From what I understand from your original posting, this is not what she/you are seeking. You therefore might want to refer back to previous feedback in respect to potential IV options above.