Citizenship interview completed and issued with N14 - insufficient evidence

spinosa

Registered Users (C)
Hi. Need help here. Went for my USC interview in SFO on Monday. Passed the test but IO gave me a N14 stating insufficient evidence and listed the following:
a) provide original court documents of court disposition
b) police clearance from last two cities i live.

The N14 stated "decision cannot be made" and request the above to be mailed back to USCIS SFO within 30 days.

I just obtained a court record stating I have no criminal record and I have to wait 5-10 business days from the police department to issue the clearance letter.

Has anyone encounter this? What happens once I mail back the above docs? Will I be called for another interview again or will they just approve my citizenship? I was given a package to apply for USC passport. so I do not know what is going to happen. I am just not feeling easy. My green card also went through numerous hurdles (wrong documentation, wrong job description, etc., before it was approved 5 years ago).

Appreciate advice from members. Just cannto sleep over this uncertainty.

Thanks in advance.

Were you ever arrested? Did the interviewer say anything about evidence of your arrests or lack thereof?

I was arrested on the night when I called 911, so was my wife. so we both were finger-printed and that is why all these years when I applied for my GC i got a hit at fingerprint check. I was released from the local jail the next morning but not my ex as I had to post bail since she was transferred to another detention center.
I just came back from the county court and obtained a letter where it was stated i have no criminal records. i also obtain a police clearance letter from the city i currently live so i will send it back to USCIS SFO office. The IO told me those are the docs I need to submit. He said even if i have a clearnance letter from the police station i was arrested in 2004 (i gave him an original), he wanted a formal court doc coz their record stated "domestic battery" and i was puzzled.
So my question is once i submit these docs are requested, will i be called for another interview and test or will the IO just approve my citizenship? I regretted to have stayed with my ex for so long as I was being abused. But that is the past and it haunt me till this citizenship interview. just hope i can clear all these and that my USC is not in jeopardy?

Thanks in advance.

I was arrested on the night when I called 911, so was my wife. so we both were finger-printed and that

SO you were arrested but the DA decided not to press crminal charges and then you were released? If so you better get a cort document to explicitly say no charge was filed for what you was arrested for rather than a document that generically say
you have no conviction of any crminal activity

Last edited by a moderator:
SO you were arrested but the DA decided not to press crminal charges and then you were released? If so you better get a cort document to explicitly say no charge was filed for what you was arrested for rather than a document that generically say
you have no conviction of any crminal activity

Thanks for your response. How can I get the court document you mentioned? I went to the court and showed them the N14 letter. The clerk then issued me two letters: one is a criminal record search request and came out with "no records found". the clerk signed the letter and provided an official superior court stamp. then she issued me another letter addressed to the immigration "to whom it may concern..... the court has no criminal convictions on ..(my name)... and she stamped it with the court seal and signed it.

My N14 notice given to me by the IO states:
Court Disposition Records: Please submit final court dispositions, including those which have been dismissed, nolle, prosee, and "no papered". If this is not available, please provide official or certified evidence from the appropriate law enforcement agency or court confirming the unavailabilty of the record. This documentation must have the original verification from the issuing authority; a photocopy is not acceptable"

WIll the above documents I obtain from the superior court meet this requireement? please advise asap coz i do not have much time left to submit the docs.

thanks in advance.

Hi All,

I entered 3 incidents related to traffic violations. The first and the third were in my current state and I got "disposition cert." from the local courts were these incidences occured. The second ticket was in another state(in AZ), from a camera. When I ordered a disposition cert. from the local court where this occured they send me a "case not found" cert. because they only keep records for 1 year. This incident had occured in 2008 Apr. The "complain notice" states that if the fine is paid then I need not appear in court. Like the other cases I called up and paid the fine over phone and they send me a receipt of my payment in the email. So here are the documents that I have for this incident:

The original "Complain Notice"(has the complain id)
A Print out of the email showing that I paid off the fine.
Court(local to the incident) issued cert. that basically states "case/complain" not found.

For the first and the third traffic violations I have:
Court(local to the incidents) issued disposition certs.

Additionally I have:
Email printout of the payment receipt for the third incident.
Driving history for the last 7 years, which shows only the last incident that occured 3 years back.(In my state 7 years of driving history record is the max one can get)

I hope this is sufficient.

Comments/Thoughts/Advises most welcome.

-Still

Thanks for your response. How can I get the court document you mentioned? I went to the court and showed them the N14 letter. The clerk then issued me two letters: one is a criminal record search request and came out with "no records found". the clerk signed the letter and provided an official superior court stamp. then she issued me another letter addressed to the immigration "to whom it may concern..... the court has no criminal convictions on ..(my name)... and she stamped it with the court seal and signed it.

My N14 notice given to me by the IO states:
Court Disposition Records: Please submit final court dispositions, including those which have been dismissed, nolle, prosee, and "no papered". If this is not available, please provide official or certified evidence from the appropriate law enforcement agency or court confirming the unavailabilty of the record. This documentation must have the original verification from the issuing authority; a photocopy is not acceptable"

WIll the above documents I obtain from the superior court meet this requireement? please advise asap coz i do not have much time left to submit the docs.

What you need is the court disposition for that specific incident, not just a generic "no convictions" letter about your overall history. Tell the clerk about the date and place of the arrest so they can find the specific record.

What you need is the court disposition for that specific incident, not just a generic "no convictions" letter about your overall history. Tell the clerk about the date and place of the arrest so they can find the specific record.

I guess in OP's case, prosecutor did not even press charges so nothing reached the court. So the OP
should go to the DA's office and get a letter that say no charge was filed. Or even the police did not
even notify the DA but released the OP when they saw there was no case against him.

Good new after my N14 notice

Guys, I received good news from USCIC with the following message:

Quote: Application Type: N400 , APPLICATION FOR NATURALIZATION

Your Case Status: Oath Ceremony

On March 25, 2013, we placed your application in the oath scheduling que. We will send a notice when the ceremony is scheduled. If you move prior to the scheduled ceremony, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address or call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283.

Naturalization Applicants: you will receive your certificate at your oath ceremony. You can expect to be scheduled for an oath ceremony within 45 days of receiving your recommended approval. Many offices schedule approved applicants for the oath ceremony on the same day as the day of the interview. Please check the local office profile page on our website to determine if the office where you will be interviewed schedules same day oath ceremonies." Unquote.

So damn happy. Glad my journey is over and I can put behind my past experience behind me. Time for a new beginning. Good luck to you guys....

Cheers:)

So damn happy. Glad my journey is over and I can put behind my past experience behind me. Time for a new beginning. Good luck to you guys....

Congratulations. But be careful you journey is not over yet. You still have the last stop to go to.

Good new after my N14 notice

Guys, I received good news from USCIC with the following message:

Quote: Application Type: N400 , APPLICATION FOR NATURALIZATION

Your Case Status: Oath Ceremony

On March 25, 2013, we placed your application in the oath scheduling que. We will send a notice when the ceremony is scheduled. If you move prior to the scheduled ceremony, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address or call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283.

Naturalization Applicants: you will receive your certificate at your oath ceremony. You can expect to be scheduled for an oath ceremony within 45 days of receiving your recommended approval. Many offices schedule approved applicants for the oath ceremony on the same day as the day of the interview. Please check the local office profile page on our website to determine if the office where you will be interviewed schedules same day oath ceremonies." Unquote.

Hi Spinosa,

Congrats!. I have also been given N14 notice and mailed the requested docs to USCIS in a week. But, could you let me know the following.

1. When did you send N14 docs?
2. Did you receive OATH notice after you sent N14 docs to them?
3.When did you receive OATH notice?

Thanks for advance help in this matter

so you are replying to a thread that is over 3 years old?

What do you think the chances are they will respond to you?

when you are searching for topics of interest, look at the dates of the posts

Hi. Need help here. Attended citizenship interview in Seattle and IO gave me N14 notice.

The N14 stated "decision cannot be made" and requested few docs to be mailed back to USCIS Seattle within 30 days.

I have mailed them back within a week. And its been 14 days since they were sent but still no response

Does anyone know average response time after N14 requested docs been sent?

Thanks in advance.

Hi. Need help here. Attended citizenship interview in Seattle and IO gave me N14 notice.

The N14 stated "decision cannot be made" and requested few docs to be mailed back to USCIS Seattle within 30 days.

I have mailed them back within a week. And its been 14 days since they were sent but still no response

Thanks in advance.

Hi Taruc227,
I am also living in Seattle, in process of N 400, just had biometrics 2 weeks ago. How is your N14, if you don't mind me asking, and what kind of docs do they need from you, traffic violations?
Please share.
Thank you

Hi Taruc227,
I am also living in Seattle, in process of N 400, just had biometrics 2 weeks ago. How is your N14, if you don't mind me asking, and what kind of docs do they need from you, traffic violations?
Please share.
Thank you

Hi johan did you get anything ?

Thanks in advance.