What is "Request for Sponsor Views "

meta4

Hi All,

I applied for J1 home residence waiver and NORI from Indian Gov. is already submitted to US State Dept. on 12 Dec 08.

Now on the website of J-Visa Waiver Division following status is being displayed:

Request for Sponsor View -- Sent on -- January 21, 2009.

I called up my DS2019 sponsor the Ford Foundation and they said some other department looks after that.

How much time does it takes for sponsor to send thier 'view' to state Dept?
What can I do to expedite?
Can Ford Foundation send -ve view on basis of which State Dept. can deny my waiver request?

Regards,
Meta4

Can Ford Foundation send -ve view on basis of which State Dept. can deny my waiver request?

Obviouly -ve or even positive response could lead to denial of the waiver. If the response has no effect on the application, why the the DOS request it then?

Hi Meta4.
I am eager to know your progress. Even after getting -tive response from Foundation, you can get waiver. It depends on the way your have argued in the statement of reason.

Pl post whatever is outcome.

Help Needed
My DoS page is showing
"Request for Sponsor Views - Sent" and
"Sponsor Views - Requested".
What is the different between these two? Please help. Thanks

Hi All,

I applied for J1 home residence waiver and NORI from Indian Gov. is already submitted to US State Dept. on 12 Dec 08.

Now on the website of J-Visa Waiver Division following status is being displayed:

Request for Sponsor View -- Sent on -- January 21, 2009.

I called up my DS2019 sponsor the Ford Foundation and they said some other department looks after that.

How much time does it takes for sponsor to send thier 'view' to state Dept?
What can I do to expedite?

Regards,
Meta4

Please help.
I came under the FF sponsorship as well. Please let me which organization handled your "sponsor's views". Were you able to contact them or expedite the process in any way? please let me know