L1A Blanket Rejected

SU_RY

Hi,

I attended my L1A Blanket visa interview at the US Consulate in Chennai, India recently and I was denied a visa. I was asked the below questions and what I answered for each of them:

Q: Which company I work for?
A: Answered (A multinational IT company based out of USA and having an Indian subsidiary, from where I am based out currently)
Q: Who is the client?
A: Answered (A large retailer in US and Europe)
Q: What is my US salary?
A: Answered with exact figure (figure little south of 100k)
Q: Whom will I report to in US?
A: Answered (mentioned his name as per petition)
Q: Your US manager's designation
A: Senior Manager in my company
Q: Will he be reporting to the VP of the company?
A: No, he will report to the leadership/directorial level which is similar to VP.
Q: How many people will you supervise?
A: 5 (did not mention their designations as he did not ask).
Q: Will you hire more people?
A: Yes
Q: How many?
A: 5 more to make it a 10 member team.

In my application I had mentioned 5 direct reports (no indirect reports) in US - 2 consultants, 2 Associate Managers and 1 Team Lead. Although not asked, in my petition it was mentioned I will be a leading the end to end implementation of a critical phase of a large scale ERP Transformation program in the USA for our client at the client's office.

I was handed over a blue sheet with the following item checked: Blanket L1 application is not clearly approvable under Section 8 CFR 214.2(l)(ii)(D) and INA 101(a)(15)(L).

Additional Information: I worked in the USA previously on H1B visa from 2003 to 2006 and on L1B Blanket visa from early 2013 to mid of 2014. I have more than 13 years of experience. My full time managerial duties started from June 2014 at my employer's Indian subsidiary office.

Since I was not given an exact reason for denial, I wish to know from experts here on what could be the reason for rejecting the application.