EAD RENEWAL FOR BACKLOGGED ASYLUM APPLICANTS (FEE WAIVER)

I sent my EAD application by mail it took 2 weeks to arrive to NSC by that time my renewal was short 2 weeks into 90 days required and My EAD had already expired, while waiting for renewal

I had to stop working and my company put me on unpaid leave till I receive new EAD card.

Literally my EAD will have 5 days gap ,I know for sure that if USCIS issues a EAD with a gap then it becomes easy for them to raise a query in the future when they are ready to adjudicate I-485 or RFE to account for that gap

Yesterday my EAD renewal status online changed from initial review (Its been in initial review for 2 months) to Card production

Main advise
USCIS will process all EAD applications as they are received. EAD takes anywhere from 30 to 90 days to renew and each case is different .

Be careful file 120 days from the expiry of your current EAD and give them 90 days to approve it.

I guess sometimes it's luck. My EAD had expired for over a year and I didn't renew it until May '14 when I got a new job. I mailed the application with the fees to Phoenix on 5/14/2014. I received an email on 5/22/2014 that the they had accepted the application and it was being processed. I receive another letter in the mail on 6/22/2014 that my application had been transfered to Nebraska Service Center and that the office would notify me on whatever decision they would make on my application within a 15 day premium clock. I kept checking USCIS case status online and found that 8/15/2014 the card was under production. I received my EAD on 8/22/2014. It approximately takes 70-90 days.

Hi Guys

I have just got my receipt from USCIS for my EAD renewal. Just wanted to let you know that I applied for a fee waiver and it got approved. So if you really are experiencing financial hardship and have a proof that your income isn't enough to pay that fee try to apply for a fee waiver. Nothing to loose, just try unless you don't want to risk of having a gap for employment just in case the fee waiver isn't approved and your application is returned. When applying for a fee waiver make sure that you have enough time to reapply if your fee waiver isn't approved.

Anthony,

Thanks for this helpfull information. I am also on the same boat, I applied my EAD on 11/14/14. This is my first EAD. Please could tell me how long USCIS will take to send me the confirmattion that they receive my application? And how long they take to processs the application and issue the EAD card?

Thanks

Hi Guys,

This site is really a helpful, informative and sharing the experience, I hope I will get some informations regarding my questions:
I filed my asylum case in Nov 2013 and and EAD received in May 2014. Now EAD renewal time has come already and I still have a lot questions in my mind,
So I needed some information from you guys who have already done their renewal of EAD:
Please make me clear on these points:
1. Is there Biometrics must be done for EAD Renewal?
2. How much is the fee for Renewal? Is there Biometric fee also needs to be paid?
3. How long ago we need to file for Renewal application before prior EAD expire?
4. Do I have to file and send it thru online as well or you must do send by mail (USPS)? or I have to get the lawyer for EAD Renewal?
5. For how long do they issue the rewal EAD? as they issued the first EAD for 1 year period.

Thanks in advance for your valuable suggestions.
Sachin123456

Hi Guys

I have just got my receipt from USCIS for my EAD renewal. Just wanted to let you know that I applied for a fee waiver and it got approved. So if you really are experiencing financial hardship and have a proof that your income isn't enough to pay that fee try to apply for a fee waiver. Nothing to loose, just try unless you don't want to risk of having a gap for employment just in case the fee waiver isn't approved and your application is returned. When applying for a fee waiver make sure that you have enough time to reapply if your fee waiver isn't approved.
Glad, it worked for you. I also applied for a fee waiver but my application got rejected and mailed back to me after a month. I'm still trying to figure out why and made a service request over the USCIS hotline. This is ridiculous, I work part-time and make less than $17820 which is below 150% poverty guidelines and two the most recent paychecks I had attached along with my application show(!) that. at "year to date" line it shows that by July I have made so far ~$6000 and if you'd double this it'd equal $12000 the whole year! It is simple math! I started working in march and there's no way I'd make $17820 this year. This is pretty obvious... So let's see how this ends.

Hi,
I want to submit for ead renewal based on pending asylum c8. my first ead is going to expire in nov 2016.
can someone help me what documents I need to send with form 1-765 for ead renewal?
also, if there is a fee then how to send the fee with it. Though I'm job less these days and looking for work :(
I want to send my ead application renewal form because I don't ve money to pay to attorney for it. They charge too much.
Those who have allredy renewed ead based on c8, please help and guide.

You should apply to extend your employment authorization card up to 120 days prior to your current card's expiration date. USCIS will return the documents if sent earlier.You should submit your application at least 90 days before the expiration. You will need to pay the fee . The filing fee is $380. If you really experiencing financial hardship and have a proof that your income isn't enough to pay that fee try to apply for a fee waiver. USCIS carefully considers the merits of each fee waiver request before making their decision. The form is here https://www.uscis.gov/i-912
  • Pay the filing fee[They will cash it first] . In order for your application to be processed, you must make a check payable to the “US. Department of Homeland Security.”
  • If you want to receive a text message and/or email notification that USCIS accepted your renewal form, complete Form G-1145 and attach it to the front of your application. You can download the form at: http://www.uscis.gov/g-1145.
  • Filled EAD renewal form (Form I-765)
  • A copy of the front and back of your current or previously issued EAD.
  • A copy of the front and back of your non-immigrant arrival/departure record (Form I-94).
  • Two identical passport sized photos taken within 30 days of filing your application. You should also lightly write your name and alien number on the back of the photos.
  • Bar codes page attached to the previous EAD approval (optional- Makes some applications go faster )

thank you Double AA.
please tell me that i need to send original Bar codes page attached to the previous EAD approval or a copy of it?