• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2016 AOS Only

Hello Mom and all the family!
I did my interview today. Only took 10 mins and i got called 20 mins before my actual appointment. At the end of the interview the officer told me I should receive the GC in 3 weeks. Is this a good sign? And also do you have any idea why it takes 3 weeks?
Hi-

Yes, it is a good sign. It means that the IO will most likely approve your case. Though you need to wait until you see your online status change to Approval/CPO or getting the physical Welcome Letter to sip the bubbly. Bear in mind that the approval may take a few days/weeks depending on your IO. So try to be patient and keep your fingers crossed :)

3 week timeframe is a general statement. You'll probably get your physical card within a week of CPO.

Been there, it's hard to wait! Hope you get an update very very soon!

Hi-

Yes, it is a good sign. It means that the IO will most likely approve your case. Though you need to wait until you see your online status change to Approval/CPO or getting the physical Welcome Letter to sip the bubbly. Bear in mind that the approval may take a few days/weeks depending on your IO. So try to be patient and keep your fingers crossed :)

3 week timeframe is a general statement. You'll probably get your physical card within a week of CPO.

Been there, it's hard to wait! Hope you get an update very very soon!
Hey Beau, thanks for your positive words! I hope it goes well too! I guess it is the wait game again xD Btw my uscis status has been stuck to fees received for 2 months now. I guess they don't update it all the time.

Hello Mom and all the family!
I did my interview today. Only took 10 mins and i got called 20 mins before my actual appointment. At the end of the interview the officer told me I should receive the GC in 3 weeks. Is this a good sign? And also do you have any idea why it takes 3 weeks?

P. A. T. I. E. N. C. E.!

Even if you have to wait for the entire 3 weeks the IO mentioned, that isn't a long time of waiting.

P. A. T. I. E. N. C. E.!

Even if you have to wait for the entire 3 weeks the IO mentioned, that isn't a long time of waiting.
I am patient, and I am willing to wait until the end of august before panicking ahhaah! Hey mom how do I make a timeline for my experience?

There's no rule as to what they're required to say in response at an INFOPASS. If you decide to go, you just have to think ahead as to what specific questions you wish to ask.

Is there something specific we can ask except "what is the status of our case" and "what is the estimated timeline"? And maybe also "is there a chance that the case will miss the September 30 deadline"?

Hey Beau, thanks for your positive words! I hope it goes well too! I guess it is the wait game again xD Btw my uscis status has been stuck to fees received for 2 months now. I guess they don't update it all the time.
It is a wait game until the day you finally hold your green card in your very hands :)

For DV cases, the online status won't go beyond "fees were accepted" (or whatever the exact verbiage is) until after a decision is made.

It is a wait game until the day you finally hold your green card in your very hands :)

For DV cases, the online status won't go beyond "fees were accepted" (or whatever the exact verbiage is) until after a decision is made.
Ohh ok!! Thank you so much man, it is really nice of you to give me some feedback!
Just a question for the forum organizers, how do I add myself in the dv2016 timeline? I have all the dates ready!

Hello Mom again! Sorry I am posting a lot today, my uscis status just changed to "New card is being produced" status. What does this mean? And again how can I add my timeline to the spreadsheet? Thanks you :)))

Hello Mom again! Sorry I am posting a lot today, my uscis status just changed to "New card is being produced" status. What does this mean? And again how can I add my timeline to the spreadsheet? Thanks you :)))
That's the update everyone wants to see. You're a permanent resident of the US now. Congrats :)

Thats the CPO message. Congratulations

Thats the CPO message. Congratulations
That's the update everyone wants to see. You're a permanent resident of the US now. Congrats :)
Wait what? Really??? YYAAAYY!!! I am very thankful to the organizers of this forum. You guys helped a lot of people and your work is absolutely Amazing!!!
P.S: The skeptical side of me wants to know there are any chances I still get denied after this CPO?

Wait what? Really??? YYAAAYY!!! I am very thankful to the organizers of this forum. You guys helped a lot of people and your work is absolutely Amazing!!!
P.S: The skeptical side of me wants to know there are any chances I still get denied after this CPO?

Congratulations!
So, you have been approved on the same day of the interview! What office have you attended for the interview? I've attended Newark office 2 months ago and still no response...

Thank you my friend! I hope you get your answer soon!!! My interview was at the Washington, D.C. office located in Fairfax, Virginia. The waiting room there was empty, only me and 2 other persons. And I didn't receive an interview letter I just received a call this last tuesday from the office telling me if I can do the interview today! But I don't want to celebrate until I get the physical card in my hands xD I don't want to end up crying xDD

Is there something specific we can ask except "what is the status of our case" and "what is the estimated timeline"? And maybe also "is there a chance that the case will miss the September 30 deadline"?

Like I already responded, you can ask anything that comes to mind regarding your case. You can ask if your background check has cleared or not, you can ask any other applicable question related to background check based on the response to the initial question. You can ask if your KCC file has been asked for and received, if already received, ask how long ago that was. If they say background check has cleared, KCC file has been received, you can ask what's causing the delay in making a final decision. The questions you ask will be based on whatever they tell you - you'll have to be able to think on your feet!

Yep! It means you're approved. Congratulations!

Regarding the timeline, there's a link on the spreadsheet for requesting editing access. Use the link to send in an access request.

Yep! It means you're approved. Congratulations!

Regarding the timeline, there's a link on the spreadsheet for requesting editing access. Use the link to send in an access request.
Ok Thank You very much. I am going to see how I can update the timeline. Also, once I receive the green card for sure I will post my whole AOS DV experience so that others can take advantage of it!!!

Has anyone in this forum successfully changed from AOS to CP and got their permanent residency ? Please do reply if anyone has or know anyone who has done so.

Like I already responded, you can ask anything that comes to mind regarding your case. You can ask if your background check has cleared or not, you can ask any other applicable question related to background check based on the response to the initial question. You can ask if your KCC file has been asked for and received, if already received, ask how long ago that was. If they say background check has cleared, KCC file has been received, you can ask what's causing the delay in making a final decision. The questions you ask will be based on whatever they tell you - you'll have to be able to think on your feet!

Thank you very much for the suggestions. I have a few follow up questions:
1) What is that KCC file? Is it possible that we went through he interview 2 months ago but the KCC file was not yet received by the FO?
2) In case the KCC file has not been received, can we contact the KCC directly (phone/email) and ask them whether they sent the file? Maybe I can contact them already now, before the visit to USCIS?

Thank you very much for the suggestions. I have a few follow up questions:
1) What is that KCC file? Is it possible that we went through he interview 2 months ago but the KCC file was not yet received by the FO?
2) In case the KCC file has not been received, can we contact the KCC directly (phone/email) and ask them whether they sent the file? Maybe I can contact them already now, before the visit to USCIS?
1) KCC file is the file consists of u r original edv application and some other info. Some FOs dont aware of such a file until the point they review your case. So it is entirely possible to FO to have the interview without KCC file.
2) You can call kenturky center and inquire about KCC file. They will give you an update. It is also possible to KCC have already sent the file but FO is not looking for it. In my case FO requested the file in feb 28th and KCC sent it on Feb 29th but upon congressional Inquiry they said they are still waiting for the file and they requested it again. KCC also confirmed this. So that means FO wasn't aware of the file transmission. If you have time contact KCC via email so you have their reply. So you can present that during u r infopass appointment.

1) KCC file is the file consists of u r original edv application and some other info. Some FOs dont aware of such a file until the point they review your case. So it is entirely possible to FO to have the interview without KCC file.
2) You can call kenturky center and inquire about KCC file. They will give you an update. It is also possible to KCC have already sent the file but FO is not looking for it. In my case FO requested the file in feb 28th and KCC sent it on Feb 29th but upon congressional Inquiry they said they are still waiting for the file and they requested it again. KCC also confirmed this. So that means FO wasn't aware of the file transmission. If you have time contact KCC via email so you have their reply. So you can present that during u r infopass appointment.

Thank you very much. I will email KCC today.