• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2016 AOS Only

Congratulations! The SSN will not be assigned nor sent. When you get the actual GC, your wife will need to visit the SSA office and out in an application for herself. You should also apply for a replacement card, your SSN will remain the same but you'll get issued with a new card any restriction written on it.
Dear Mom,
Thanks a lot for all your perpetual support

Hello,

I had biometric on May 11, 2016 and my interview today, and the interviewer said they are waiting for some documents from Kentucky Consular Center and more importantly the background check from the FBI. They said they do not know how long it will take to receive the FBI report. Since the deadline is approaching, I suggested to my lawyer to contact the congressman. However, he thinks it is too aggressive and it is better to wait one more month before trying that option. What you do you think?

Is there anything else that I can do to expedite the process?

Thank you!

Hello,

I had biometric on May 11, 2016 and my interview today, and the interviewer said they are waiting for some documents from Kentucky Consular Center and more importantly the background check from the FBI. They said they do not know how long it will take to receive the FBI report. Since the deadline is approaching, I suggested to my lawyer to contact the congressman. However, he thinks it is too aggressive and it is better to wait one more month before trying that option. What you do you think?

Is there anything else that I can do to expedite the process?

Thank you!

Nothing you can do (that I'm aware of) to expedite the background check. Your lawyer is aware of the fact that your congress person cannot expedite or ask USCIS to expedite the background check, hence the suggestion for you to wait at least for a month before following up (which is what the congressional inquiry is all about).

You are absolutely right Britsimon. I have been following you and Sm1smom, and I have realized you are better aware of DV case of AOS.

I hope that I can get the security clearance before it becomes so late.

Thank you again!

Hi mom,

Quick question for you, I read in this forum a lot of questions about the KCC file that must be requested by the FO, what this file is about ? Just want to call KCC to confirm that they sent it but not sure what file should I ask for. Thanks a lot.

Hi mom,

Quick question for you, I read in this forum a lot of questions about the KCC file that must be requested by the FO, what this file is about ? Just want to call KCC to confirm that they sent it but not sure what file should I ask for. Thanks a lot.

You simply ask them if your case file has been requested by your FO. If they respond in the the affirmative, ask them when and if already sent. The KCC file contains your initial eDV registration, DS-260 form, copy of eDV administrative payment receipt, correspondence you might have exchanged with KCC, and any other information KCC considers pertinent.

Mom
I'm desperately need your help since we don't know what to do. It's almost 2 months since we received our green cards but my haven't received here.
When we went for the first I copses the FO said he made a mistake he thought he approved the case and he's also surprised that she didn't received her green card. He said we must make another info pass as soon as we get home. Our info pass was last week Friday! They say they're waiting for the file which is at the asylum office.
We had a pending asylum which we went to cancel and they finally cancel it after we went there for the second time to cancel.
Our FO he said he thought he approved the case and send the file back to the asylum office. Now they say they're waiting for that file. We did another info pass for next week.
We really don't know what's going now it's almost two months since they've been waiting for the file.
What can we do in such a situation?

Mom
I'm desperately need your help since we don't know what to do. It's almost 2 months since we received our green cards but my haven't received here.
When we went for the first I copses the FO said he made a mistake he thought he approved the case and he's also surprised that she didn't received her green card. He said we must make another info pass as soon as we get home. Our info pass was last week Friday! They say they're waiting for the file which is at the asylum office.
We had a pending asylum which we went to cancel and they finally cancel it after we went there for the second time to cancel.
Our FO he said he thought he approved the case and send the file back to the asylum office. Now they say they're waiting for that file. We did another info pass for next week.
We really don't know what's going now it's almost two months since they've been waiting for the file.
What can we do in such a situation?

You're already doing all you can possibly do. Keep going back to your FO to follow up on your wife's case - looks like your IO somehow missed approving your wife's petition and only approved yours and your kids. Since you've succeeded in bringing the issue back to his attention, he'll hopefully try and resolve it shortly.

You're already doing all you can possibly do. Keep going back to your FO to follow up on your wife's case - looks like your IO somehow missed approving your wife's petition and only approved yours and your kids. Since you've succeeded in bringing the issue back to his attention, he'll hopefully try and resolve it shortly.
Thank you very much Mom

Hi there,
I went for INFOPASS this morning. She can't find my cases and she told me your case not coming yet from KCC. I told her when i came two weeks ago and you told me your case came us just week ago. She said yes your case came from Chicago but not come from KCC. After that i called KCC and spoke with lady and she told me '' Ok. i got your request your case will be there between 4-6 weeks''. But everyone know deadline is soo close. Can i make something for my case like express thing? I'll wait your advice.
Thanks

Hi,
We had a very good interview on May 26th in Newark and since then - no response. The online status has stuck on "Fingerprints fee was received...".
We asked a congressman to check the case status and, after contacting USCIS, his reply was:
"USCIS said that they have 120 days to make a decision on the applications. That time frame began May 26 so at the very latest a decision will be made by September 26."

Isn't it too late, since the deadline is September 30?

We also made an INFOPASS appointment for the next week. Do you suggest going there in any case or they will just say us that we need to wait more without explaining the current case status/stage.

Thanks a lot.

Hi there,
I went for INFOPASS this morning. She can't find my cases and she told me your case not coming yet from KCC. I told her when i came two weeks ago and you told me your case came us just week ago. She said yes your case came from Chicago but not come from KCC. After that i called KCC and spoke with lady and she told me '' Ok. i got your request your case will be there between 4-6 weeks''. But everyone know deadline is soo close. Can i make something for my case like express thing? I'll wait your advice.
Thanks

KCC will send the KCC file in less than the 4-6 weeks standard response they gave, you can't expedite that part of the process. Call back again in a couple of days, maybe early next week to find out if the case file has been sent. Also schedule another INFOPASS with your FO for a couple of weeks down the road.

Hi,
We had a very good interview on May 26th in Newark and since then - no response. The online status has stuck on "Fingerprints fee was received...".
We asked a congressman to check the case status and, after contacting USCIS, his reply was:
"USCIS said that they have 120 days to make a decision on the applications. That time frame began May 26 so at the very latest a decision will be made by September 26."

Isn't it too late, since the deadline is September 30?

We also made an INFOPASS appointment for the next week. Do you suggest going there in any case or they will just say us that we need to wait more without explaining the current case status/stage.

Thanks a lot.

Not sure what you mean by isn't it too late if they were to wait until Sept 26 to make a decision on your case since 26 obviously comes before 30. :rolleyes:

Yes they may end up saying keep waiting, but you wouldn't know if you don't attend the INFOPASS, right? Anyway, it's your call as to if the visit could be worth it or not.

Not sure what you been by isn't it too late if they were to wait until Sept 26 to make a decision on your case since 26 obviously comes before 30. :rolleyes:

Yes they may end up saying keep waiting, but you wouldn't know if you don't attend the INFOPASS, right? Anyway, it's your call as to if the visit could be worth it or not.

I understand that 26 is before 30 but I think no one can guarantee these exact 120 days... Also, if those are "business days" then it will be way after September 30...
But do they usually say at the INFOPASS what is the current stage of the case (e.g., pending background check, etc...)?

KCC will send the KCC file in less than the 4-6 weeks standard response they gave, you can't expedite that part of the process. Call back again in a couple of days, maybe early next week to find out if the case file has been sent. Also schedule another INFOPASS with your FO for a couple of weeks down the road.
Thank you Mom.
I will do whatever you said.
Thanks for quick reply.

I understand that 26 is before 30 but I think no one can guarantee these exact 120 days... Also, if those are "business days" then it will be way after September 30...
But do they usually say at the INFOPASS what is the current stage of the case (e.g., pending background check, etc...)?

You need to understand the 120 days response is a standard one, it doesn't necessarily mean they will wait till then to adjudicate the case especially if the background check has already cleared. All they're trying to say to the congressional inquiry is that your case isn't at a stage that they consider outside of their processing time.

There's no rule as to what they're required to say in response at an INFOPASS. If you decide to go, you just have to think ahead as to what specific questions you wish to ask.

If My memory is correct Newark FO is on top of their DV cases during DV2015. So I think they are aware of the DV cases very well.

Hello Mom and all the family!
I did my interview today. Only took 10 mins and i got called 20 mins before my actual appointment. At the end of the interview the officer told me I should receive the GC in 3 weeks. Is this a good sign? And also do you have any idea why it takes 3 weeks?