Getting a US License on B1/B2 Visa and Having US SSN#

aztquebec

Hi,

I have an expired New York State License (expired 12 years ago). Do you know which state in the US allow to have a US license on B1/B2 Visa.

I have a US SSN#.

If you are a PR from canada.Why do want a us license.?
Lets say...its seatlle, you ll fly just to get a us license.
Do you want to leave canada and settle in usa?

I will be based in Quebec and the minimum waiting time to get a license there is 13 months, and there is no way around it. I simply cannot wait that long. I heard New Mexico and Washington states issues license to those who have SSN and not a resident (out of status or temporary visitors). State of Texas also does.

Having lived in Ontario, I have a feeling you are seeking a US state issued license so that you may exchange it for a Quebec license without taking road tests.
I am guessing you hold a license from a country without an agreement with Quebec and you are looking for ways to avoid taking the road tests. Do the right thing and take the needed road tests.

I will be based in Quebec and the minimum waiting time to get a license there is 13 months, and there is no way around it. I simply cannot wait that long. I heard New Mexico and Washington states issues license to those who have SSN and not a resident (out of status or temporary visitors). State of Texas also does.

A legal Canadian permanent resident has to wait over a year to get a drivers license? If true, something grotesquely odd about that.

*Initially you asked about any State(s) that issue drivers license to visitors, then proceeded to volunteer the States that do so in a subsequent post. Hmmm

The 13 months to get a license is a requirement for anyone who resides in Quebec. I realized its easier to get a license in provide of Ontario than to to travel to the the concerned US states to get a license.

* A US license can be exchanged to Quebec license.