• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Just found out I was selected last year

That sounds like a very long time period, posting of updated NL's with interview dates should be completed rather shortly, I guess. Seems someone at KCC may be playing for time. Good luck!
So what do you suggest?
And do you think I still have a chance?
Thank you

I called again and they said the same thing,I also emailed them Sunday and their respond was:

Thank you for your inquiry.

Your forms have been received and pending further embassy review for the continuation of your visa processing. Interviews are scheduled numerically based on case numbers that have completed processing. Interviews for the DV 2016 program will begin in October 2015 and conclude on September 30, 2016. Please refer to the visa bulletin at www.travel.state.gov to locate the current numbers being processed. This bulletin is updated after the 15th day of each month. Once an interview date has been scheduled, you will receive notification via email to check http://www.dvlottery.state.gov....

What I don't get is,my DS-260 was processed and visa bulletin says "current" for Africa,so why am I not getting an interview,right?
Am I missing something?
Thanks everybody

I called again and they said the same thing,I also emailed them Sunday and their respond was:

Your forms have been received and pending further embassy review for the continuation of your visa processing. Interviews are scheduled numerically based on case numbers that have completed processing. Interviews for the DV 2016 program will begin in October 2015 and conclude on September 30, 2016. Please refer to the visa bulletin at www.travel.state.gov to locate the current numbers being processed. This bulletin is updated after the 15th day of each month. Once an interview date has been scheduled, you will receive notification via email to check http://www.dvlottery.state.gov....

What I don't get is,my DS-260 was processed and visa bulletin says "current" for Africa,so why am I not getting an interview,right?
Am I missing something?
Thanks everybody

You know what the problem is! You submitted late. So - they had the batch of selectees already grouped together, and your DS260 completed processing just after they took that batch. So - you are now waiting for them to deal with a few last minute cases, and you will have a few more days to wait before they schedule you. I hope and expect they will schedule an interview, but you can hardly be surprised that your case is not in the normal process. Give them a couple more days before you call again.

You know what the problem is! You submitted late. So - they had the batch of selectees already grouped together, and your DS260 completed processing just after they took that batch. So - you are now waiting for them to deal with a few last minute cases, and you will have a few more days to wait before they schedule you. I hope and expect they will schedule an interview, but you can hardly be surprised that your case is not in the normal process. Give them a couple more days before you call again.
Ok I understand.thanks for your time and response.

Am I missing something?
Thanks everybody
There is no question this is going to be tight for your DV process. Your interview was not part of the normal interview scheduling process for that month, at least it increasingly seems to look like that at the moment. There hopefully will still a chance for you to squeeze in, inter alia depending on the overall IV schedule fill of your specific consulate, let's hope for the best.

There is no question this is going to be tight for your DV process. Your interview was not part of the normal interview scheduling process for that month, at least it increasingly seems to look like that at the moment. There hopefully will still a chance for you to squeeze in, inter alia depending on the overall IV schedule fill of your specific consulate, let's hope for the best.
Ok hopefully thanks.
Do you have any idea when should I give up?is it by the end of this month or by mid-August?
Thanks again

When you have found out that you ultimately have not and can not be scheduled for a September interview at the US Consulate in Casablanca. You have not reached that conclusion yet, though.

Ok hopefully thanks.
Do you have any idea when should I give up?is it by the end of this month or by mid-August?
Thanks again

Although this was a particular circumstance that is unlikely to be repeated, I am aware of one instance where an interview got scheduled in the first week of September for 2 weeks later (they got their visas). Of course that results in a massive rush - like I said, it was a special circumstance unlikely to be eepeated. Still, it means you don't give up until KCC tells you you are not getting an interview....in your shoes i would check/phone once a week until you get a slot.
In the meanwhile, do you have all your documents, including police report? Have you looked into how long it takes to schedule a medical in Morocco and how long before the interview it can be done (some countries need a week, others can do it the day before).

Although this was a particular circumstance that is unlikely to be repeated, I am aware of one instance where an interview got scheduled in the first week of September for 2 weeks later (they got their visas). Of course that results in a massive rush - like I said, it was a special circumstance unlikely to be eepeated. Still, it means you don't give up until KCC tells you you are not getting an interview....in your shoes i would check/phone once a week until you get a slot.
In the meanwhile, do you have all your documents, including police report? Have you looked into how long it takes to schedule a medical in Morocco and how long before the interview it can be done (some countries need a week, others can do it the day before).
Ok Thank you.
I am not sure about how long but I think I can schedule medical appointment and get all documents within a week or 2 at most.

Ok Thank you.
I am not sure about how long but I think I can schedule medical appointment and get all documents within a week or 2 at most.

Don't wait to do them. You'll have to wait for the medical until you get an interview letter, but the others should be low cost - get them done, now, so that you don't have any unpleasant surprises (a computer crash at the records office delaying documents for example) - your timing is tight, I wouldn't take any more risks than necessary!

Don't wait to do them. You'll have to wait for the medical until you get an interview letter, but the others should be low cost - get them done, now, so that you don't have any unpleasant surprises (a computer crash at the records office delaying documents for example) - your timing is tight, I wouldn't take any more risks than necessary!
Ok thank you

Just called KCC again and nothing new.
I also asked them what is the last days they send 2nd notification letters for September interviews and they said by August 15th.

Just called KCC again and nothing new.
I also asked them what is the last days they send 2nd notification letters for September interviews and they said by August 15th.

Just hang in there! For as long as they've not outrightly told you they're unable to schedule your case, I believe there's still hope.