Decision is undergoing final review

Luisa3030

Hi! Two weeks ago I received answer from USCIS in my e-mail and they wrote: "Your case is undergoing final review prior to a decision being served to you, by mail".

My question is, what does it mean? My decision is already made and Supervisor is reviewing? I know that I must to wait a lot, but I want to know what do you think about it. Thank you guys!

Hi! Two weeks ago I received answer from USCIS in my e-mail and they wrote: "Your case is undergoing final review prior to a decision being served to you, by mail".

My question is, what does it mean? My decision is already made and Supervisor is reviewing? I know that I must to wait a lot, but I want to know what do you think about it. Thank you guys!

Yes, your decision is already made and waiting for the supervisor to review it.

Hi. Today I received "Referral Notice".
Please, Can you explain me about this?
I need a lawyer? Interpreter?
Excuse me and please help me!

Hi. Today I received "Referral Notice".
Please, Can you explain me about this?
I need a lawyer? Interpreter?
Excuse me and please help me!

Sorry to hear that. A referral notice means that the Asylum Office has decided NOT to grant you asylum and you are in the United States illegally. It is not a final denial, but it means you have been placed into removal proceedings (aka: deportation court). You will have an opportunity to present your asylum case to the Immigration Judge, who will make an independent decision on your asylum application. If the Immigration Judge denies asylum, you will be required to leave the country (unless you are eligible to apply for some other way to stop your deportation, which is rare). A biometrics notice is only for your fingerprints and photograph. The hearing with the judge is to present your asylum case to the judge. If this is your first hearing before the immigration judge, you will likely have several hearings before a final decision is made. The judge should give you an opportunity to find a lawyer. I HIGHLY recommend you hire a lawyer to help you present your asylum case. Many studies have shown that asylum applicants with lawyers have a much higher percentage of being granted asylum than those who go to court on their own.

@Luisa3030 I think I agree with @Asylum seeker . Looks like the Asylum Office refered you to the Immigration Court where a Judge will decide your case.

So think of this as a new whole new step or a second chance. A chance to defend again your asylum case.
So, if you can afford it, yes, it will be a great idea to hire a lawyer who will help you improve your case.
Also, if your English is not great, you should think of hiring a Translator during the hearings in front of the judge.

Good luck and put all the chances on your side by making your case stronger.

PS: If you don't mind, can you share your timeline with us?

I appreciate all your answers. I must confess that I wanted to receive my approval but I understand this is no a denial, it is only another chance.
In my country I am a lawyer. Do you think Can I go alone at Immigration Court? Obviously I have to prepare me for this oportunity and to know about process. Beside, I believe that Officer does not give me time for explain my case, he just did questions, for example, what happed that day? so, i did not feel good in that inteview and I had feeling he did not read my declaration. Anyway, I am going to go at immigration court with my evidences and I will to do my best. I received Notice to Appear and my date is November 2016.

Cesarin1 I am near to Dallas.

Thank you for everything and I am going to try tell you about updates in my case.

December 2015: I applied for political Asylum form I589.
January 2016: Biometrics
March 2016: Interview
May 2016: Applied for EAD
Now, i am waiting my EAD.

Hi guys! I have a question about EAD. Yesterday I received it. Is it enough for to get a job or I need Social Security?

You definitely need a SS Luisa.
Go to your local SS office, they will ask you for your birth certificate and Employment Authorization Card.