Apostille - Petition for Name Change

Pony

I need to apostille the petition for name change issued by USCIS and signed by the US District Court. I hope someone can answer my questions below.

1. Where can I get a certified copy of the name change document? USCIS or US District Court?

2. Where do I need to send the name change document for apostille? I googled this subject. Someone (some business) posted that it must be authenticated by the Department of Justice before it is submitted to the Department of State. Is it correct?

Thank you

2. Where do I need to send the name change document for apostille? I googled this subject. Someone (some business) posted that it must be authenticated by the Department of Justice before it is submitted to the Department of State. Is it correct?

Thank you
I also needed to get a document apostilled in the past. It was pretty straight forward. I first got the document notarized and then I took the notarized document to the secretary of state's office and they were able to apostille the document in about half an hour. Obviously, the notary public should be in that same state or the Secretary of state's office will not have that officer's details in their register.