• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2017 Selectees from Ghana

thanks @Sm1smom
....In Ghana the country is divided into Regions...eg Eastern Region,Northern Region etc not State / Provinces. Should i write maybe Northern Region under state/provinces column or should leave it.
My fellow Ghanaians here..how did you do yours?
A province is an administrative zone or division of a country. Some countries use cantons; others use states.
Personally I listed the regional names as a province, I believe most of the western world will recognize it as a 'zone' or province somehow. Technically though, the regions in Ghana do not have 100% administrative capacities, as most of the administration is done from the capital Accra. But whichever way you list it (like ticking does not apply), I don't think it can cause a denial.

Also since am basing my qualification on Education ..do i need to answer yes to the question..."were you previously employed"?....because the work i did before does not require 2 years of training.
please help me out members

Please can you elaborate on your answer?
Unfortunately I happened to select 'no' and I'm wondering if my answer requires unlocking. Thank you.

Your question was: "do I need to answer yes to the question ..."

My response: "yes you do"

I thought the response was straight forward enough. I don't see what further elaboration is required.

Why is this forum so quite..think we should been sharing ideas and stuffs..come on guys let's do this together. .am from ghana too..

No but thought we can share so far how we are preparing towards processing and interview. .so quite in here..just a saying. .

, SOMEONES STORY
.....a friend of mine's sister won the lottery and her highest level of education is SSS.Unfortunately she had F=Fail in mathematics meanwhile she had sat for waec private candidate the previous year to better the maths.So she was awaiting results meanwhile her interview date was due but she had to show up for the interview, in fact in that year the released of the result delayed.
When she went for the interview, the CO made it clear to her that with the F=fail in maths she doesn't qualify to receive a visa but the minimum grade is E=pass.So she was given the time to submit the results when it is released by WEAC.Unfortunately for her when the results were released she again had F=fail in maths.In fact they tried to tamper with the results to make F=fail look like E=pass meanwhile the embassy had already cross check with WAEC upon the released of the results.She was therefore denied the visa.
If you have F=fail in your results then you are not save especially in the six major core and elective subjects.In fact to be save there shouldn't be F=fail in your results

, SOMEONES STORY
.....a friend of mine's sister won the lottery and her highest level of education is SSS.Unfortunately she had F=Fail in mathematics meanwhile she had sat for waec private candidate the previous year to better the maths.So she was awaiting results meanwhile her interview date was due but she had to show up for the interview, in fact in that year the released of the result delayed.
When she went for the interview, the CO made it clear to her that with the F=fail in maths she doesn't qualify to receive a visa but the minimum grade is E=pass.So she was given the time to submit the results when it is released by WEAC.Unfortunately for her when the results were released she again had F=fail in maths.In fact they tried to tamper with the results to make F=fail look like E=pass meanwhile the embassy had already cross check with WAEC upon the released of the results.She was therefore denied the visa.
If you have F=fail in your results then you are not save especially in the six major core and elective subjects.In fact to be save there shouldn't be F=fail in your results
" ... they tried to tamper with the results to make F=fail look like E=pass meanwhile..." Rather insightful, thank you for sharing. Anyone wonders why CO's at the US Consulate in Accra are generally a "suspicious bunch"...?

Why is this forum so quite..think we should been sharing ideas and stuffs..come on guys let's do this together. .am from ghana too..
I agree with you. However, it will also be appropriate if we can begin to update our

, SOMEONES STORY
Sure... Activities such as the above had caused many innocent applicants much disservice.

Last edited: