Marriage based green card with pending I-485 from EB2

PRS

Hello,

I have been in US for more than a decade and have been working on H1B for a long time. My employer did file for my GC process under EB2 in 2009 and my case has priority date of Feb 2009. I have got my EAD / AP in 2014 and I did get Biometric exam appointment letter from USCIS in Nov 2014. I did go for the appointment and got my biometric exam (finger printing) done. However, the date retrogressed and since then I have renewed EAD/AP 2 times . This year I got married to a US Citizen. I had few questions about it:

1. I was wondering if I can file GC under marriage based process.

2. If I file under marriage based GC, then what happens to the pending I-485 from my employer?

3. What are the pros and cons of filing marriage based GC at this stage of my already filed GC process from my employer (pending I-485)?

Thanks
PRS

1. yes
2. nothing. They both continue and whichever one finishes first counts, and the other is abandoned.
3. If you get GC through marriage now you will become a conditional permanent resident, since you have been married for less than 2 years (unless you wait until almost 2 years to apply so that it's approved after your 2nd anniversary). That means you will have to apply for Removal of Conditions almost 2 years after you get your GC. With your employment-based GC it would be non-conditional.