• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Living in the US and being selected

and its what I stated since the start. Talking about luck now is wrong? I don't see anything wrong with my initial comment...

And where in my post did it say talking about is wrong??? I'm simply pointing out to you you're basically saying the same thing Simon is saying, except for the fact that he's pointing out the degree of "luck" varies by region.

Oh well ..... Heading out to have me a pleasant Saturday :cool:

And where in my post did it say talking about is wrong??? I'm simply pointing out to you you're basically saying the same thing Simon is saying, except for the fact that he's pointing out the degree of "luck" varies by region.

Oh well ..... Heading out to have me a pleasant Saturday :cool:

I'm clear on the degree of luck and I was directing my initial comment to another user. Everyone applies for different reasons and try their luck, even if they were never selected. Just because someone was never selected, does not mean others will never apply again and that's what I was pointing out.

Last edited:
picard-double-facepalm-3.jpg

I'm clear on the degree of luck and I was directing my initial comment to another user. Everyone applies for different reasons and try their luck, even if they were never selected. Just because someone was never selected, does not mean others will never apply again and that's what I was pointing out.

Dude, relax. No one has told you off, there is no problem. The only reason I posted was that your original post seemed to give an impression (in my opinion) that someone could expect to win after 10 to 14 years - when in fact no one should ever "expect" to win - it is a "once in a lifetime" event, that won't happen for most people...

Sometimes people just add clarity to your point. That doesn't mean you need to defend anything...

Dude, relax. No one has told you off, there is no problem. The only reason I posted was that your original post seemed to give an impression (in my opinion) that someone could expect to win after 10 to 14 years - when in fact no one should ever "expect" to win - it is a "once in a lifetime" event, that won't happen for most people...

Sometimes people just add clarity to your point. That doesn't mean you need to defend anything...

No part

In no part of my comment I was telling someone that they will win the lottery after 10 or 14 times...Now telling someone to keep on trying with the DV lottery is wrong? Don't worry dude. I will make sure not to tell anyone to keep on trying, since by this I'm promising, they will win the lottery. Have a good day.

No part

In no part of my comment I was telling someone that they will win the lottery after 10 or 14 times...Now telling someone to keep on trying with the DV lottery is wrong? Don't worry dude. I will make sure not to tell anyone to keep on trying, since by this I'm promising, they will win the lottery. Have a good day.

For goodness sake!

"your original post seemed to give an impression (in my opinion)"

Could I have been any more clear!!!

People have tried several times from 10 to 14 before getting selected. Its all based on luck and you need to keep on trying, while the program last, because it wont be forever. That's for sure.
Of higher relevance for readers of this forum may actually be the "while the program last, because it wont be forever" part in your posting. Yeah, folks will keep on trying and they may or may not be selected in the DV program as it currently exists after the 1st, the 14th, 100th time or actually never, but this is pretty much common sense, really no reason to fill pages after pages of this forum on this in my opinion.

Throwing a tantrum rather than concede a point? For sheesh, dude. :rolleyes:

Concede a point? Everyone has a right to have their own opinion right? I'm sticking with mines and I'm not arguing anymore about the topic, everyone sticks with their opinions.

Of higher relevance for readers of this forum may actually be the "while the program last, because it wont be forever" part in your posting. Yeah, folks will keep on trying and they may or may not be selected in the DV program as it currently exists after the 1st, the 14th, 100th time or actually never, but this is pretty much common sense, really no reason to fill pages after pages of this forum on this in my opinion.

Agreed Euro. I won't post anymore on this topic before I get into troubles. Have a great day.

Concede a point? Everyone has a right to have their own opinion right? I'm sticking with mines and I'm not arguing anymore about the topic, everyone sticks with their opinions.
Agreed Euro. I won't post anymore on this topic before I get into troubles. Have a great day.

Thank you for finally conceding the point (that you're unnecessarily filling the forum with the same thing rehashed fifty different ways).

Yeah, for some reason this is the way the DV forum works. You have the pleasure to get to argue with some of same frequent visitors here in packs. Not really important what the specific subject is... :D

True. I have notice that as well.
Best to simply ignore, there was no problem with your original post as far as I can see. Someone on here will always try to seemingly win the discussion by posting another message. Just don't respond, much better to focus on folks who really do need advice. Good luck!

Hey Britsimon,
Is there any limitation in numbers of applications you made? I heard that one can apply only up to 10 times.

There's no such limitation. One can apply each each for as long as they like (of course with one entry per application year) and for as long as the DV hasn't been cancelled.