• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2016 AOS Only

Hello Mom,
Based on FBI website, only USCIS can request for expediting the "Name Check".
I just contact USCIS customer services to get more information. I asked her about how can I request expediting the "Name Check" .
She mentioned for expediting "Name Check" you need to choose one of the criteria for expediting. Also, she said you need to provide the evidence for chosen criteria.
She read 8 criteria for me. One of them was "extreme situation" (If I am not making mistake). Is this DV case can meet this criterion? Would you please give us some comments on that?
Is there any difference between request "Name Check" accelerating from USCIS customer services and FO?
I know that the FO completely know about case sensitivity but I need to know the differences.
Thanks

Thank you Mom!!!! @Sm1smom you're the best !! I just checked every hour for the past two days and today I finally have been able to schedule an INFOPASS.
Thankssss mom!!!!

Hello Mom,
Based on FBI website, only USCIS can request for expediting the "Name Check".
I just contact USCIS customer services to get more information. I asked her about how can I request expediting the "Name Check" .
She mentioned for expediting "Name Check" you need to choose one of the criteria for expediting. Also, she said you need to provide the evidence for chosen criteria.
She read 8 criteria for me. One of them was "extreme situation" (If I am not making mistake). Is this DV case can meet this criterion? Would you please give us some comments on that?
Is there any difference between request "Name Check" accelerating from USCIS customer services and FO?
I know that the FO completely know about case sensitivity but I need to know the differences.
Thanks

You may initiate that process, but there's no guarantee your FO will follow through with making an expedited request to the FBI based on you making the request. Extreme situation typically has to do with things like medical emergency, life and death situations, etc. There's the 'sunset' clause criteria which may be applicable to DV based cases, again they're not obligated to apply it. You might want to slow down though with all the avenues you're trying to explore at the same time. You've already initiated contact with the ombudsman's office for assistance, haven't you?

Whatever expedited request is being put in on the phone will still pass through your FO first - your FO has the final say on what gets done.

You may initiate that process, but there's no guarantee your FO will follow through with making an expedited request to the FBI based on you making the request. Extreme situation typically has to do with things like medical emergency, life and death situations, etc. There's the 'sunset' clause criteria which may be applicable to DV based cases, again they're not obligated to apply it. You might want to slow down though with all the avenues you're trying to explore at the same time. You've already initiated contact with the ombudsman's office for assistance, haven't you?

Whatever expedited request is being put in on the phone will still pass through your FO first - your FO has the final say on what gets done.

Mom,
Thanks for your answers.
I just got the information through the USCIS customer services. I didn't do and action after that.
Yes, I have already initiated the expediting through ombudsman's office and I am waiting for their reply.
Besides that, Friday, I have an Infopass appointment to follow up the case and I will follow what you told me before.
Thanks again for your kindly help.

Hi All,

@Sm1smom i am preparing for my interview that is coming up this friday and wanted to see if you could help me out with a couple of things. I am the one that made the mistake on the I-485 that i chose on part 2 of the form letter "a" instead of picking "h" Other, and then writing DV winner.

1. At what point on the interview should i bring this up to the FO if they dont bring it up? I am planning to bring an updated I-485 with this fixed to submit to the FO if necessary.

2. If the interview goes well but at the end the FO doesn't say it is approved or anything, should I ask about the background check and KCC file? From this forum I can see those are one of the major things that could delay the process. Would I be rude to the FO asking this?

3. Should I call KCC a couple days before the interview to see if the file has been requested by the FO and if they have sent it? Or just let the process work?

Thanks again for all your help! I really appreciate it.

hi Mom! just wanted to see if you had time to see my questions above? do you have any suggestions/advice?

thanks again for the help!

hi Mom! just wanted to see if you had time to see my questions above? do you have any suggestions/advice?

thanks again for the help!

Oh, sorry I missed that post and thanks for bringing it up again.

1. Yes, do bring it to the IO's attention. You'll have to make a judgement call based on how the interview is progressing regarding precisely when to bring it up if the IO doesn't mention it. That's a correction you'll want to take care of.

2. Yes ask. Usually the IO would ask if you had any question for him/her (well some don't, but they should). You can also ask what the next steps would be based on the response you get to your questions.

3. Call KCC. You can also email as a matter of fact. The response may come in handy for instance if the IO says they're still expecting your KCC file and KCC informs you the file was already sent - then you get to show the IO that email confirmation.

Oh, sorry I missed that post and thanks for bringing it up again.

1. Yes, do bring it to the IO's attention. You'll have to make a judgement call based on how the interview is progressing regarding precisely when to bring it up if the IO doesn't mention it. That's a correction you'll want to take care of.

2. Yes ask. Usually the IO would ask if you had any question for him/her (well some don't, but they should). You can also ask what the next steps would be based on the response you get to your questions.

3. Call KCC. You can also email as a matter of fact. The response may come in handy for instance if the IO says they're still expecting your KCC file and KCC informs you the file was already sent - then you get to show the IO that email confirmation.

No worries! Thanks for the response! I figure you might have missed it because there were lots of posts at the same time.

I will do that. Thanks a lot!!! I will keep you guys posted on how the interview goes.

Thanks

Ok I have some good news. Both of us now received our cards and officially become PRs of US. Today I informed my school to update SEVIS account and close it. I have to thank everyone in this forum and special thanks to Mom and Britsimon. Keep up the good work. I will check this forum time to time and if I know an answer to a question I will give my support. This website is a great resource for DV lottery winners

Dear Mom,
Dear all,

Today I received the Welcome Letter. Thanks for all your information and support.

Just one more question: Would you please let me know how can I apply SSN for my wife? I remembere while I was filling DS260, I requested to issue a SSN for her. So should I go to the office and apply for it or it would be sent to us automatically?

Sincerely,
Mohammad

Dear Mom,
Dear all,

Today I received the Welcome Letter. Thanks for all your information and support.

Just one more question: Would you please let me know how can I apply SSN for my wife? I remembere while I was filling DS260, I requested to issue a SSN for her. So should I go to the office and apply for it or it would be sent to us automatically?

Sincerely,
Mohammad

Congratulations! The SSN will not be assigned nor sent. When you get the actual GC, your wife will need to visit the SSA office and out in an application for herself. You should also apply for a replacement card, your SSN will remain the same but you'll get issued with a new card any restriction written on it.

Dear Mom,

Actually I am asking about the I-94 that I was admitted on. So at this moment it's status is F1. Would it be changed after getting the GC to "Permanent resident"? Or no, it remains unchanged?

Thanks
Your Class of Admission will be ARC.

It's not unusual for a background check to take as long as yours has taken today - there are people with family or employment based AOS petitions that are currently stuck in AP for years. However because yours is a DV based AOS petition which is limited by time, I would be very worried by now if I was in your shoes.

Have you gone in INFOPASS to check on your case? Have you been in touch with your congress person at any point in time to follow up on your case?

Hi mom, Thank you for your advice. I got in touch with my congressman. I send them a fax with my request of help on my case. Next day I received a phone call and two days later a letter from their office saying that they have already done the request to USCIS and that they will contact them as soon as they have an answer from them.

Does it really makes a difference to got your congressman involve in your case or doesn't change anything?

I also request another Infopass.

If you have received already the employment authorization card, does it mean that your case is on the right track or they can still deny your GC?

I read in the forum that other people that did their interviews on May (I'm one of them), they didn't received their GC yet. Do you know if there is something going on with May interviews?

Last edited:
Hi mom, Thank you for your advice. I got in touch with my congressman. I send them a fax with my request of help on my case. Next day I received a phone call and two days later a letter from their office saying that they have already done the request to USCIS and that they will contact them as soon as they have an answer from them.

Does it really makes a difference to got your congressman involve in your case or doesn't change anything?

I also request another Infopass.

If you have received already the employment authorization card, does it mean that your case is on the right track or they can still deny your GC?

I read in the forum that other people that did their interviews on May (I'm one of them), they didn't received their GC yet. Do you know if there is something going on with May interviews?

Congressional inquiries has been known to sometimes make a difference depending on what's causing the delay. It wouldn't be recommended and the congress people wouldn't bother wasting their time to follow up if it makes absolutely no difference.

EAD approval has no bearing on the GC approval, meaning it's not a guarantee the AOS petition will be approved. There's nothing going on with the month of May and the approval rate. What you've observed is simply a coincidence.

Hello Mom and other who are waiting,
My case is holding for Name Check.
Yesterday, I had the Infopass App. As same as before, I explained the case (DV, time sensitive, expediting Name check and etc.) and IO left her desk to talk to her supervisor. After a while she back and told me that "supervisor said we will do our best for your case before fiscal year".
Conclusion:
As Mom said before, I am going to Be more Patient.
I don't want to contact any congress man/woman or Ombudsman again. I think nobody can not force or dictate FO to do not or do something.
Based on what FO told me, I MUST TRUST my FO about what they are doing to avoid stressing out.
I will follow up my case by end of Aug. or beginning of Sep. if I didn't get any update.