Received A05 EAD card but no approval letter and i-94

usseek2016

I did my interviewed about 6 months ago. The asylum office said the decision will be mailef to me. I recently received A05 EAD card but I never applied it. I had a C8 EAD card which is still valid. When I checked online status at USCIS website, it shows the card was mailed to me. I am out of status. Does it mean I am finally granted? Anybody can tell when I could receive the approval letter and i-94. I heard most people get their approval letters before receiving the A05 cards. My case is very weird.

Congratulations you got approved.
You will receive your approval in the mail soon within 10 days.
Please share with us your timeline.

Congratulation @usseek2016 !!! This means that your case has finally been approved! Way to go. Enjoy your new freedom!

By the way, which office you were interviewed at?

@Asylum seeker Thank you. I also heard this indicates an approval. But it is strange I received the A05 EAD firstly. Still worried.

My timeline:
Dec 2015 Did interview
June 2016 Received A05 EAD, but no approval letter
Waiting for decision

I applied for asylum back in early 2013 , applied/renewed for 3 EAD cards. Months ago I inquired about my asylum case and within 2 weeks they replied with interview notice then 2 weeks ago I was interviewed and r renewed for the ll4th EAD card . Today I received my Approval notice and asylum granted letter . I feel very lucky that I received my asylee status

I applied for asylum back in early 2013 , applied/renewed for 3 EAD cards. Months ago I inquired about my asylum case and within 2 weeks they replied with interview notice then 2 weeks ago I was interviewed and r renewed for the ll4th EAD card . Today I received my Approval notice and asylum granted letter . I feel very lucky that I received my asylee status
Congratulations
I am happy for you.

I feel very lucky and thankful I have life now, After getting your asylum what steps did you take?
_ Next step just go to social security office and update your SSN from pending asylum to approved asylee.
_ For only man, age 18 through 25 you should register with Selective Service. It's important, don't forget.
_ Go to the DMV and renew your one year driver licence to 5 years or more driver licence.
_ Keep updating USCIS online ever time you move to new address. You need to do that within 10 days.
_ After one year of the date of your approval apply for green card.
_Always be a good resident and stay away from problems that may stop you from getting citizenship. Do your best to become a good U.S citizen and make them be proud of you.

@DoubleAA
Did you inquired by email, mail or in person?

I had bad experience on the first inquiry with mail and email. it took them 8 months to reply the letter . I called my lawyer to do research with local NGO about my case , The NGO ED sent Asylum Office's internal staff email address and lawyer inquired the same day , they replied that they will send me interview in a month. 2 weeks later I was interviewed