bail bond refund question

zoldyck

Registered Users (C)
im not sure if im in the right thread nor forum. :confused:

i was detained by ICE for over staying here in Los Angeles, CA last 2007. my dad paid $5000 for my bail bond after few days. so we already received the letter from ICE regarding to the refund last october 2010. until now, February 2010, i didnt get back to them bec. the problem is my dad (Obligator) already passed away 2 years ago, its under his name. so my question is what do i need to do to get my refund? is there a standard form/letter to submit or i am going to make my own letter that my dad is already deceased? any help pls? TIA

im not sure if im in the right thread nor forum. :confused:

i was detained by ICE for over staying here in Los Angeles, CA last 2007. my dad paid $5000 for my bail bond after few days. so we already received the letter from ICE regarding to the refund last october 2010. until now, February 2010, i didnt get back to them bec. the problem is my dad (Obligator) already passed away 2 years ago, its under his name. so my question is what do i need to do to get my refund? is there a standard form/letter to submit or i am going to make my own letter that my dad is already deceased? any help pls? TIA

I would think the executor of your father's estate would need to get involved--you haven't said whether that is, in fact, you or someone else. The money is paid into his estate and then is distributed in accordance with the law, his financial obligations, and his will, if he had one. It may not automatically go to you--but this seems to be a question mainly of inheritance law, not immigration law, so you might want to find a forum which specializes in such questions.

Cash Bail Bond Refunds. If you personally posted a cash bail bond for a defendant, keep the receipt issued to you by the Clerk's Office when the cash was received by the Court. If the defendant appeared at all his hearings/trial and was sentenced, you are entitled to a refund of the bond money.