• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2016 KENYAN SELECTEES FORUM

hello there guys,so I have this question,is it necessary or rather is it a requirement for my sponsor to include his SSN number in the affidavit?

Hey people does is it mean that some embassies ask for affidavits and others don't cos I heard that at Nairobi they don't

another question please,must i register my appointment before interview?if yes,i've been trying to register and i'm told that my case isnt ready yet for scheduling even thou my visa status changed to ready long ago.what should I do.please advise

How did you certify your education papers? Does the ministry of education stamp the originals? They refused to stamp for me. They only stamped on the copy. What should I do?

I have a question regarding certificate. My elementary/Primary School Original certificate got lost some years back and i didn't have a copy of the original. My dilemma is this i have the result slip which is hand written during the 90s' period was given from my primary school which i have been using since then. I went to KNEC to get a replacement they wanted a copy of the original certificate of which i don't have at all as per their policy u must have a copy of Original Certificate the for it to be processed. My options 1: I have requested KNEC to send a confidential confirmation to the embassy since my interview is in August. My question will this cause my case to be put in AP since i will have only the result slip to show for Primary school plus my interview is in Nairobi, Kenya in august. What's your thoughts on this.

I have a question regarding certificate. My elementary/Primary School Original certificate got lost some years back and i didn't have a copy of the original. My dilemma is this i have the result slip which is hand written during the 90s' period was given from my primary school which i have been using since then. I went to KNEC to get a replacement they wanted a copy of the original certificate of which i don't have at all as per their policy u must have a copy of Original Certificate the for it to be processed. My options 1: I have requested KNEC to send a confidential confirmation to the embassy since my interview is in August. My question will this cause my case to be put in AP since i will have only the result slip to show for Primary school plus my interview is in Nairobi, Kenya in august. What's your thoughts on this.

Do you have your HS Diploma? Any other higher degree outside of high school?

You should be fine in that case.
Hello Sm1smom, I want to thank you for every advice you gave us in 2013 until I got my visa. May God bless your kind heart. Am in Stephenville Texas it's in the country I love the cows, horse, goats and also chicken hahaha sounds funny but this is where I am right now. My daughter doesn't like it but soon she'll adjust. We JUST Moved Here A month ago

Hello Sm1smom, I want to thank you for every advice you gave us in 2013 until I got my visa. May God bless your kind heart. Am in Stephenville Texas it's in the country I love the cows, horse, goats and also chicken hahaha sounds funny but this is where I am right now. My daughter doesn't like it but soon she'll adjust. We JUST Moved Here A month ago

Hello @MaKiki, good to read from you. Glad to know you guys have made the final move and that you're loving it. Yeah, your daughter will eventually get to love the place too. All the best to you and your family.

That's good. Then just be prepared to answer whatever question you're asked truthfully, it's not a matter of reviewing past DV questions or rehearsing the response. Be sure to present evidence you've been caring for the child on your own, and you have need to present proof you have full custody of her.

Hi, i wish to share my experience at the embassy.
i went on the 8th of June, i was asked to raise my right hand and swear that everything i have indicated and i am about to answer is the truth. i had to do the same for my daughter. all went well, gave them my work background and told them where i was in school and which year, what grade did i get in a specific subject in KCSE( was shocked) but answered correctly. I was then asked the whereabouts of my baby's mother, to which i replied i do not know and explained the case and what had transpired.
The consular officer then , asked me to provide proof of my relationship with my daughter, to which i told her all the proof is in her face and mine, we are a photocopy of each other, all the other proof is in my phone which is at the gate. she laughed and asked me proof that can be submitted to the embassy. i asked for examples, obviously confused. she asked me for a court order/custody letter which i had but i didn't have at the moment.The consular Officer went quiet and after a brief twenty seconds or so( felt like a few years) gave me the red paper indicating that my visa has been refused. but at the end of the tunnel, there was light. it stated ,"should you wish for your case to be reviewed by a different consular officer, please provide the following:" and at the bottom of the page there were two tick boxes asking me to provide DNA results AND the court order. i felt kicked in the teeth, thanked her, trying so hard to smile and left the embassy with my head low. i left feeling dejected and almost gave up hope of getting the DNA done considering the prohibitive costs. After a while and a lot of convincing i decided to go through with it. i approached the DNA center ( www.dnacentre.com ), paid the deposit and had the sample collection kits sent down. the swabs were done and sent back. the DNA test was to take 2-3 days as per their website but they took a month and refused to release a copy of the results to me, despite promising to do so. This added to the anxiety because the embassy will not want to know that i had been duped by my baby's mom. that was on the 28th of July. i Prompted the embassy on the 2nd of august and told them that my DNA results were released to them and i would appreciate if they would have a look. that same afternoon i recieved a phone call asking me to submit our passports to the DHL courier center that i had selected, which i did that very same day.
fast forward to today. arriving home after a long night, checked my email in the hope that the DNA results would be sent, but to my amazement i get an email asking me to go for my travel document. and guess what? i received the visa! My daughter's passport wasn't there for collection but upon inquiry the guy at the DHL collection center told me that they will send hers separately. i am hoping it is soon as i want to leave before the onset of winter. i just want to say thank you to all of you for the advice and the experiences that you shared and gave me hope. To all those that are in AP dont give up, provide your documents and wait patiently. if you do not get the visa by the time the lottery closes, you can always try again and again and again.

i went on the 8th of June, i was asked to raise my right hand and swear that everything i have indicated and i am about to answer is the truth. i had to do the same for my daughter. all went well, gave them my work background and told them where i was in school and which year, what grade did i get in a specific subject in KCSE( was shocked) but answered correctly. I was then asked the whereabouts of my baby's mother, to which i replied i do not know and explained the case and what had transpired.
The consular officer then , asked me to provide proof of my relationship with my daughter, to which i told her all the proof is in her face and mine, we are a photocopy of each other, all the other proof is in my phone which is at the gate. she laughed and asked me proof that can be submitted to the embassy. i asked for examples, obviously confused. she asked me for a court order/custody letter which i had but i didn't have at the moment.The consular Officer went quiet and after a brief twenty seconds or so( felt like a few years) gave me the red paper indicating that my visa has been refused. but at the end of the tunnel, there was light. it stated ,"should you wish for your case to be reviewed by a different consular officer, please provide the following:" and at the bottom of the page there were two tick boxes asking me to provide DNA results AND the court order. i felt kicked in the teeth, thanked her, trying so hard to smile and left the embassy with my head low. i left feeling dejected and almost gave up hope of getting the DNA done considering the prohibitive costs. After a while and a lot of convincing i decided to go through with it. i approached the DNA center ( www.dnacentre.com ), paid the deposit and had the sample collection kits sent down. the swabs were done and sent back. the DNA test was to take 2-3 days as per their website but they took a month and refused to release a copy of the results to me, despite promising to do so. This added to the anxiety because the embassy will not want to know that i had been duped by my baby's mom. that was on the 28th of July. i Prompted the embassy on the 2nd of august and told them that my DNA results were released to them and i would appreciate if they would have a look. that same afternoon i recieved a phone call asking me to submit our passports to the DHL courier center that i had selected, which i did that very same day.
fast forward to today. arriving home after a long night, checked my email in the hope that the DNA results would be sent, but to my amazement i get an email asking me to go for my travel document. and guess what? i received the visa! My daughter's passport wasn't there for collection but upon inquiry the guy at the DHL collection center told me that they will send hers separately. i am hoping it is soon as i want to leave before the onset of winter. i just want to say thank you to all of you for the advice and the experiences that you shared and gave me hope. To all those that are in AP dont give up, provide your documents and wait patiently. if you do not get the visa by the time the lottery closes, you can always try again and again and again.

Wow, long and stressful road but glad to hear it has all turned out well! Good luck for your new life in the US :)

See why I told you to ensure you had a proof of custody document with you when going for the interview? If you had presented that, you wouldn't have been placed on AP. But I'm glad to know everything worked out for you and your daughter at the end. Congratulations and best of luck in the US. And thank you for coming back with an update.

congrats all.My day is approaching fast 30 it is I hope all goes well.We have our marriage certs,passports,education certs,birth certs and a family album.Am I missing anything?Wish us luck.

Hey guys kindly assist am trying to help someone with the DHL Visa Registration, but going to the ais.usvisa-info.com and following instructions,at first and second and third try it told me account already taken. so i went the second route and signed it to the account. i put my yahoo address and password and she already has an account.do they create accounts for people in advance nowadays( am not sure). or it created during the failed attempts in the beginning. So i need help on how to go about it.

Secondly, kindly advise me, if a dv applicant applies and the spouse was already a permanent resident and eventually got citizenship and lives in the US already. What is the expectation during the interview by the consular?