• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2016 Administrative Processing Cases

Hi guys, We have been on AP for more than 100 days...
The CO didnt keep our passports or papers, she gave it back and gave us a pink paper and asked for background check
We are from Syria, do you know how long it can take? anyone from Syria going through the same process? :(
another Q please, should we be contacted from USCIS in anyway? can we check our status through their website?

Hi guys, We have been on AP for more than 100 days...
The CO didnt keep our passports or papers, she gave it back and gave us a pink paper and asked for background check
We are from Syria, do you know how long it can take? anyone from Syria going through the same process? :(
another Q please, should we be contacted from USCIS in anyway? can we check our status through their website?

No one knows precisely how long your AP may take. You'll just have to remain patient and wait for the embassy to get back in touch when they're ready to issue your visas. No, USCIS will not be contacting you, they don't have anything to do with CP.

@Manal I had my process started in Canada in Montreal. Another member on this forum (bazsouthafrica) also in Canada is waiting probably 150 + days. I am not sure it makes a difference where you are. All AP cases go through security check somewhere in US and they are the ultimate gods making the decision.

@Manal I had my process started in Canada in Montreal. Another member on this forum (bazsouthafrica) also in Canada is waiting probably 150 + days. I am not sure it makes a difference where you are. All AP cases go through security check somewhere in US and they are the ultimate gods making the decision.

Baz is going through AP for a different reason (other than background check).

Alem it will be fine, am going through the same process, of verifying the academic papers so, keep your fingers crossed. have u tried contacting them.

Guys, when they returned the passports to us they never told us what is the reason for going through AP... they just asked us to send them alot of info about us for 15 years back.. so how did you know about your AP reason whether it's a back ground check or education check or something else? is there a link online that has our info?

Guys, when they returned the passports to us they never told us what is the reason for going through AP... they just asked us to send them alot of info about us for 15 years back.. so how did you know about your AP reason whether it's a back ground check or education check or something else? is there a link online that has our info?

Unless AP is a missing document - when you will know obviously - you never get told what the reason was. Peopl from countries that have strong ties to terrorism may have a pretty good idea why they are on AP, but this is never explicitly said. People can speculate, but no one can know for sure. In your case, however, you can probably speculate quite accurately based on what information they asked you to send them.

At NRB embassy I was put on Ap and i was told the reason. and Manal u said they asked alot of info so they have to verify all that info before they could get back to u. for me, they gave a pink paper and the reason was stated. so we wait

At NRB embassy I was put on Ap and i was told the reason. and Manal u said they asked alot of info so they have to verify all that info before they could get back to u. for me, they gave a pink paper and the reason was stated. so we wait

Ok add to what I said about missing documents things like verifying academics.
But the vast majority of people do not get told.

Thanks for your answer.. we also got a pink paper and were asked to send them info through email! .. the pink paper though doesnt really state the reason!
how long have you been waiting?

Hi All - sorry, I should say that I have not been granted the visa. It's just, that I am going to be travelling for three weeks at the end of the Month, and the only way I can check while I travel is through the site. So I was wondering if there other ways they are religious about regarding communication (for instance, calling on a phone - which would be useless for me).