salary reduction - impact?

kumar sachin

Registered Users (C)
I have filed I140, now my employer asks me to take a day off every week (of course 20% pay reduction). HR people told me that they have to refile H1B for me, is this true? Does anybody know? If it is true, what is the impact on I140, do I need to restart the whole process again?

thanks,

Part time work

Since you are now working part time the H-1 must be amended. As far as the I-140 is concerned, you need a full time position for the GC, so if the company isn\'t willing to state that the position is full time the GC will be denied. Since the company is obviously having difficulty paying your salary, INS may also question that although that\'s normally only considered at the I-140 level.

Jim

further discussion

Hi Jim, Thanks for the input. If I am not mistaken what you are saying is that if I got I-140 approved and then do the salary reduction, it will probably OK (assume that the company is willing to say to INS that my position is full time in the future - when it comes to the final stage of GC processing)?

It will raise questions in INS\' "mind" but assuming the answers are satisfactory you shou

You/your employer will need to convince INS that a full time permanent position is immediately available and that the employer has the ability to pay the wage offered.

Assuming that you can convince INS of this you shouldn\'t have a problem.

Jim

No Title

I am in the similar situation. EXCEPT THAT I still work on full time but got salary reduce 25%.
My I140 petition filed at the end of Nov. after the salary reduce. BUT before the employer letter was wrote.
Does the fact of salary reduce will affect my I140 process? Due to bad economic situation, I do not think I will get back to
my regular salary soon so does this fact will affect my I485 process? Does INS ask for pay stub for I485?

I\'ll appreciate your any input!!

Hi,

My PERM has been approved & during that time i had a 15% salary cut. My i140 is yet to be applied. i am worried due to salary reduction, i have face some issues. Please share your experiences & what documents if provided could reduce the changes of RFE/denail of i140