Re- Entry after 10 year ban (and it's been 12 years)

DQ81

Hi,

My 6 year old post is visible. It goes into more detail. To try and keep it simpel and gather information relevant to my situation now I have started a new thread. I hope that is ok.

I'll stick to the facts as they are on paper now:

Deportation in absentia april 2004 (after 9 year stay on parent based Green card as permanent resident) based on 2 counts of moral terpitude (posesion of class D and receiving stolen goods above 250). As far as I can tell I was barred for re-entry for 10 years. Where can I get the excact details of my deportation order?

Many personal reasons motivate me to visit the US. I am persuing citizenship by birth-right, however, in the meantime I would like to visit.

I have a life in The Netherlands where I have lived the past 12 years (it's where I was born). I have a business, Dutch girlfriend who is the mother of my 2 children. I am firmly rooted here.

I want to avoid any mistakes. I don't want to mess anything up by accident.

How do I go about re-entering the US. What precautions should I take?

I was thinking something along these lines:

Apply for ESTA. Once approved apply for visitors visa. Once approved book 10 day trip, finally see family.

Is that feasable? Any precautions I should take like using a Canadian POE? Files pertaining to my life here in NL?

I look forward to advice.

Thanks