• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2016 Winners Meet Here

hi Britsimon, do u have any thread on this forum on people who were on AP with the same issue of DNA.

You can search for "DNA". But I think we covered it - right? Bottom line is they are entitled to ask for it - and if you want the visa you will have to have it done.

There was someone else, last year i think, who reported having to show a DNA test to prove a child was theirs. Other than it was one of the African threads, I'm afraid I don't remember any more about the case - I think the person only gave an account after the visa was final rather than "step by step" since the first interview.

That wasn't the case I was thinking of - I did a search and it was actually DV2014, Raphoo's case

http://forums.immigration.com/threa...lectees-meet-here.315928/page-16#post-2306104

Also had a newborn and was requested to do a DNA test. It proved paternity and they were all successful in getting DV visas.

http://forums.immigration.com/threa...lectees-meet-here.315928/page-49#post-2306767
thanks susieQQQ for that, the case is almost similar to mine, hope all goes well

Hi folks,
Don't want to open new thread i'll ask here.
I'm preparing for an interview on thursday, got all document exept Affidavit doc.which is on it's way but i guess smth got wrong with post delivery and i still don't have it.
My question is, will they accept documents sent by email (copied)?

I'm frustrated as i got everything ready and waiting for the post delivery more than 2 weeks.

Thanks in advance

Hi folks,
Don't want to open new thread i'll ask here.
I'm preparing for an interview on thursday, got all document exept Affidavit doc.which is on it's way but i guess smth got wrong with post delivery and i still don't have it.
My question is, will they accept documents sent by email (copied)?

I'm frustrated as i got everything ready and waiting for the post delivery more than 2 weeks.

Thanks in advance

Take email copies, it's better than nothibg. If they aren't satisfied you will be put on AP until you provide the original.

Hello everyone i have another question,
1. when I submit the response to the first letter i say i have 2 years of work experience, so can i change work experience by Education ? because i have diploma from koteba University College and i also have Level 4 TVET certificate with COC certification from level 1 - 4 at Microlink IT college .
2. I heard form someone Ethiopian TVET Certificate is not Acceptable by USA embassy, is that TRUE ?
3. and My kotebe Deploma is acceptable (Three years of Education) ?

Last edited:
Hello everyone i have another question,
1. when I submit the response to the first letter i say i have 2 years of work experience, so can i change work experience by Education ? because i have diploma from koteba University College and i also have Level 4 TVET certificate with COC certification from level 1 - 4 at Microlink IT college .
2. I heard form someone Ethiopian TVET Certificate is not Acceptable by USA embassy, is that TRUE ?
3. and My kotebe Deploma is acceptable (Three years of Education) ?

1. I don't quite get your question here. If by "response to the first letter" you mean the DS-260 form - you are required to answer all the questions as pertain to you, you don't get to indicate on that form if you're applying based on educational or work experience. If you did not list your educational information on the form, you need to unlock it and provide that information.

2. TVET 10 + 3 program was accepted for DV2015 applicants:

The education requirements are listed here: http://ethiopia.usembassy.gov/mobile/dv_requirements.html
2. You must possess one of the following as evidence of your educational qualifications

• Proof of graduation from 12th grade (including an Ethiopian Leaving Certificate Examination, a University Entrance Exam, or a Higher Education Qualification Exam), showing at least 5 passing grades, (or)
  • Proof of graduation from a four-year university (or)
  • Proof of graduation from a TVET 10+3 program. New TVET certificates documenting levels of achievement are not accepted because they do not meet the minimum requirement of 12 years of basic education unless you took 3 common courses (Mathematics, Civics and English) on all 3 years of your 10+3 education. Any educational document presented may be subject to independent verification by U.S. Embassy staff.
You must submit official copies of school transcripts along with the above certificates. These requirements are determined by U.S. immigration law, and are not determined by this Embassy.

3. However, seems like the embassy has since updated the educational requirement information, TVET 10+3 program is no longer listed on the website:

2. You must possess one of the following as evidence of your educational qualifications

• Proof of graduation from 12th grade (including an Ethiopian Leaving Certificate Examination, a University Entrance Exam, or a Higher Education Qualification Exam), showing at least 5 passing grades, (or)
  • Proof of graduation from a four-year university (or)
You must submit official copies of school transcripts along with the above certificates. These requirements are determined by U.S. immigration law, and are not determined by this Embassy.

http://ethiopia.usembassy.gov/mobile/dv_requirements.html

Hi all!

I just wanted to give you all an update on my situation. I am an Australian and my husband and I had our interview in Paris back in January. We were initially concerned about whether or not we would be successful as we didn't have an affidavit of support or huge savings behind us. The interview ended up going really well and was a lot shorter than expected. Everyone at the embassy was really lovely and they didn't ask for my husband and I's affidavit or our bank statements, which was a surprise and a relief because we both built up in our minds that we might not get through because of this!
I wanted to thank everyone for you support and advice, I couldn't have done it without all your valuable information especially -@Britsimon @Sm1smom @SusieQQQ @EmilyW

If anyone needs help or wants to ask me any questions, please feel free to!

Thanks again everyone,

Felicity

Hi Everybody,
Our number is current for April. I submitted DS-260 in June. So, does anybody have any idea about when it is likely to receive notification letters and interview time?
Thanks a lot...

Hi all!

I just wanted to give you all an update on my situation. I am an Australian and my husband and I had our interview in Paris back in January. We were initially concerned about whether or not we would be successful as we didn't have an affidavit of support or huge savings behind us. The interview ended up going really well and was a lot shorter than expected. Everyone at the embassy was really lovely and they didn't ask for my husband and I's affidavit or our bank statements, which was a surprise and a relief because we both built up in our minds that we might not get through because of this!
I wanted to thank everyone for you support and advice, I couldn't have done it without all your valuable information especially -@Britsimon @Sm1smom @SusieQQQ @EmilyW

If anyone needs help or wants to ask me any questions, please feel free to!

Thanks again everyone,

Felicity

Congratulations!