• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Visa Bulletin for March 2016

You are obviously a troll who refuses to accept what the officials have said but instead you choose to believe in your own fantasy. You are also someone who chooses to make stuff up and then claim to be right about it without realizing that there could be more than that. Neither is there anything wrong with my statement, nor is there any misinterpretation. I cannot ignore what the officials have told me TWICE and believe in something else. Doing so will result in a loss for me. A certain number of visas are allocated and reserved for regions (in which countries obviously exist). You have the option to call the US Embassy in Fiji and find out for yourself.

You are not an official. You are simply another Sloner.

I'm not going to pay attention to any more of your comments or waste my time with you. All of your comments will be ignored from now on unless they genuinely provide helpful information.
You are lying because the US embassy in Fiji does not get itself involved in long conversations on the phone - they ask you to email them regardless of type of service request. Ask me - I am from Fiji and have been in this situation on various occasions. And I don't believe the embassy has so much info regarding DV - KCC does!

You are lying because the US embassy in Fiji does not get itself involved in long conversations on the phone - they ask you to email them regardless of type of service request. Ask me - I am from Fiji and have been in this situation on various occasions. And I don't believe the embassy has so much info regarding DV - KCC does!

I know more than you about this considering my brother has been through it in 2013 and now lives in USA. My father got selected for DV 2014 but his number (27XX) was was too late and his interview date didn't come. Back then he had to post the DS 122 and the DS 230. My mother was selected in 1998 but she did not meet the qualifications. I know someone else in my family who got selected this year and has a very low DV number, but has decided to delay the interview by a few more months. I have been silently viewing this forum since May 2012.

Now where is the proof that the conversation on the phone was long? In writing, it may look long, but a verbal conversation will take a short time. You shouldn't claim my experience to be false just because it does not match with your own. And if you think that, communication with the Embassy did not take place, then you are the one who believes in something that is not true.

Originally a call was made to the Embassy. They told, to send them an email. After the email was sent, they called. After that, they sent an email from their side, to which a reply was sent in return. The next day, a call was received from the embassy and then an email was sent by them with more information including attachments about the Panal Physician Medical Examination and the Photo requirements. The attachments were the extra bits of information that the Embassy decided to give - which I could have found out online (just like in 2013). All of the times a lady had spoken. Just by telling her the name and the case number, she herself was able to read out the date of the interview at the same time when the date of the interview was being read out from this end. As usual, the person you are speaking to, will not give out his or her name.

In 2012 I called the US Embassy to find out what the term 'current' meant in the Visa Bulletin. That conservation was long since it did go on for 5 minutes and that is the longest conversation that I had with the Embassy. The Embassy will give out whatever information they can about KCC. Anything more than that, they wouldn't give out. I don't think that you are someone who has delayed his interview to a later date and that is why you didn't have to go through such conversations and discussions with the Embassy. If you still don't believe me, go ahead and ask anyone in Fiji who became current early (October), but decided to delay the interview till August or September the following year. They'll tell you that the Embassy has to work on the number interviews for that current month, perhaps add to that the Administrative Processing cases, and the late interviews and then they have to gather up information (number of visas that will be needed by them), together with the number of beneficiaries attached to the cases. From there they have to inform KCC about the number of Visas that they need - which KCC will reserve for the Embassy.

Am I still lying? Why are you so narrow minded?

Last edited:
I know more than you about this considering my brother has been through it in 2013 and now lives in USA. My father got selected for DV 2014 but his number (27XX) was was too late and his interview date didn't come. Back then he had to post the DS 122 and the DS 230. My mother was selected in 1998 but she did not meet the qualifications. I know someone else in my family who got selected this year and has a very low DV number, but has decided to delay the interview by a few more months. I have been silently viewing this forum since May 2012.

Now where is the proof that the conversation on the phone was long? In writing, it may look long, but a verbal conversation will take a short time. You shouldn't claim my experience to be false just because it does not match with your own. And if you think that, communication with the Embassy did not take place, then you are the one who believes in something that is not true.

Originally a call was made to the Embassy. They told, to send them an email. After the email was sent, they called. After that, they sent an email from their side, to which a reply was sent in return. The next day, a call was received from the embassy and then an email was sent by them with more information including attachments about the Panal Physician Medical Examination and the Photo requirements. The attachments were the extra bits of information that the Embassy decided to give - which I could have found out online (just like in 2013). All of the times a lady had spoken. Just by telling her the name and the case number, she herself was able to read out the date of the interview at the same time when the date of the interview was being read out from this end. As usual, the person you are speaking to, will not give out his or her name.

In 2012 I called the US Embassy to find out what the term 'current' meant in the Visa Bulletin. That conservation was long since it did go on for 5 minutes and that is the longest conversation that I had with the Embassy. The Embassy will give out whatever information they can about KCC. Anything more than that, they wouldn't give out. I don't think that you are someone who has delayed his interview to a later date and that is why you didn't have to go through such conversations and discussions with the Embassy. If you still don't believe me, go ahead and ask anyone in Fiji who became current early (October), but decided to delay the interview till August or September the following year. They'll tell you that the Embassy has to work on the number interviews for that current month, perhaps add to that the Administrative Processing cases, and the late interviews and then they have to gather up information (number of visas that will be needed by them), together with the number of beneficiaries attached to the cases. From there they have to inform KCC about the number of Visas that they need - which KCC will reserve for the Embassy.

Am I still lying? Why are you so narrow minded?

I do not wish to continue this conversation as it is adding nothing to the forum or for its users.

Good luck to you if you are part of DV 2016 or applied for 2017.

I do not wish to continue this conversation as it is adding nothing to the forum or for its users.

Good luck to you if you are part of DV 2016 or applied for 2017.

Then you shouldn't have accused me of lying. It is your fault for starting it by calling me that. Now that I have described the events, you're unable to handle it and you have nothing to say apart from trying to sound mature and say that whatever I said doesn't add anything to the forum. So you decided to take to easy way out.

You should be more concerned about your FNPF if you have an account there and are planning to withdraw. You will need a 9D form and you'll have to show them your 'Green Card' as proof that you have migrated and are intending to withdraw fully. You may need to show them other things such as your:

1. Boarding Pass.
2. State Copy Certification By Document Custodian Green Card. (Certified Green Card)
3. Permanent Residence Card.
4. Airline Tickets.
5. US Green Card Visa.
6. Fiji Work Reference.
7. Bank Statement.

FNPF will be confident and tell you that the transfer of money will take 5 to 10 working days but it can go on for 3 months.

You will also need to provide information to FRCA about your job (if any), bank accounts and any properties in USA to avoid a penalty.

You can drive in USA with your Fiji Driving License for a short time.

Last edited:
Well it is your fault for starting it by saying that I was lying. Now that I have described the events, you're unable to handle it and you have nothing to say apart from trying to sound mature and say that whatever I said doesn't add anything to the forum. So you decided to take to easy way out.
Sorry mate for being immature and narrow. You are the most informed person I have ever met and looks like you are a DV expert!

Sorry mate for being immature and narrow. You are the most informed person I have ever met and looks like you are a DV expert!

I just hope you aren't being sarcastic. It never is my intention to provide false information to anyone or to mislead and spoil things for them.

Together with the information that I gave in the above post, you may need to prove that you are a state resident for certain things in USA while doing some things there. I am not sure how it is determined that you can become a state resident, but I think that living in a state for 1 full year and if you have a state driving license, then it should be sufficient. But I may be completely wrong about it.

You may have heard about others not receiving their Social Security Number (SSN). Well that's what will happen to you. You will need to go directly to their office to get it. However, if you go too quickly, then they may not have any information about you in their system. Wait for about 2 weeks before going to their office.

Also get a credit card and start building your credit score. And I'm talking about having a good credit score.

I just hope you aren't being sarcastic. It never is my intention to provide false information to anyone or to mislead and spoil things for them.

Together with the information that I gave in the above post, you may need to prove that you are a state resident for certain things in USA while doing some things there. I am not sure how it is determined that you can become a state resident, but I think that living in a state for 1 full year and if you have a state driving license, then it should be sufficient. But I may be completely wrong about it.

You may have heard about others not receiving their Social Security Number (SSN). Well that's what will happen to you. You will need to go directly to their office to get it. However, if you go too quickly, then they may not have any information about you in their system. Wait for about 2 weeks before going to their office.

Also get a credit card and start building your credit score. And I'm talking about having a good credit score.
Wow! You are a genius!

@An Uninvited Person,

Okay, I need to call you to order at this point. Simon has been far more helpful in this forum and in his blog to selectees than all the long-winded mismatch write-ups you've posted in the span of 24 hours. You're way out of line for calling him a troll (for someone who claims to have been reading posts from this forum since 2012).

You, like everyone else are welcome to post pertinent information regarding the DV process in the forum. However keep it short and simple please.

@An Uninvited Person,

Okay, I need to call you to order at this point. Simon has been far more helpful in this forum and in his blog to selectees than all the long-winded mismatch write-ups you've posted in the span of 24 hours. You're way out of line for calling him a troll (for someone who claims to have been reading posts from this forum since 2012).

You, like everyone else are welcome to post pertinent information regarding the DV process in the forum. However keep it short and simple please.

How do I keep it short and simple when people are forcing me to prove things which causes my posts to get bigger? I mean if you look at LazyDoggie, I don't know how to take his comments, whether as normal or as sarcastic. 2012 was when I seriously started researching about DV, it all started with looking for what 'current' meant and then I found this forum. If you still don't believe me and think that these are all claims and if you have the authority to, then go ahead and block me just to make everyone happy.

And what about you? Share some ideas.

Alright, if you are planning to study in USA, then keep the names of all the books that you've used at the universities and the course descriptions. Take a note of the units within the courses too.
Please stop this, it is starting to get annoying... Nomen est omen, it seems :rolleyes:

@An Uninvited Person,

I should probably make clear that this person was asking questions on my blog. He questions everything regardless of relevance and got upset when I would not pander to one of his confused moments of questioning a bunch of nonsense. He then turned very aggressive and insulting - I blocked him at the point he told me I should have a heart attack and die. Nice person, huh.

So - @Uninvited Person Mom does have the ability to ban you, as do I. I was holding off to give you a chance to be a pleasant person. However your rants of nonsense and then attacks on anyone that says anything you don't like are completely useless and you are not even a DV selectee. I can see as I am writing this that you are shooting off crazy attacks left right and canter - and I know how this ends. So - I am about to click the goodbye button.

How do I keep it short and simple when people are forcing me to prove things which causes my posts to get bigger? I mean if you look at LazyDoggie, I don't know how to take his comments, whether as normal or as sarcastic. 2012 was when I seriously started researching about DV, it all started with looking for what 'current' meant and then I found this forum. If you still don't believe me and think that these are all claims and if you have the authority to, then go ahead and block me just to make everyone happy.

Yes I have the authority to ban/block profiles (both temporary and permanent) in this forum. However, I do not do so simply "to make everyone happy". If you violate the terms of use of this site, I am authorized to respond accordingly and will not hesitate to do so.

I should probably make clear that this person was asking questions on my blog. He questions everything regardless of relevance and got upset when I would not pander to one of his confused moments of questioning a bunch of nonsense. He then turned very aggressive and insulting - I blocked him at the point he told me I should have a heart attack and die. Nice person, huh.

I see. Now, that explains why he's striving so hard to be convincing with the bunch of half accurate and mostly irrelevant information he's posting all over the forum.

Then correct me. I mean I'll have proper information from you and I won't be wrong anymore.

For a start, you need to show you are resident to get a DL, not the other way round.
But this thread is for the latest visa bulletin, so I don't want to derail it by getting in a long discussion over an irrelevant issue here - but one which has been amply dealt with elsewhere, as you ought to know if you've spent 3-4 years here.
It's generally considered very bad internet etiquette to derail threads from their stated purpose so I do not want to be a part of that.