• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2016 Administrative Processing Cases

Are they waiting for visa allocation slots maybe? Hopefully will see change in status next few days
Yes, that's possible, because your original visa slots were for the month you interviewed in. Those would have been reallocated and you'd need new ones (which should be no problem at all at this stage of the fiscal year, so don't worry, but it may indeed involve a delay).

Yes, that's possible, because your original visa slots were for the month you interviewed in. Those would have been reallocated and you'd need new ones (which should be no problem at all at this stage of the fiscal year, so don't worry, but it may indeed involve a delay).
What does allocation slots mean???? Thank you

I searched on the forum but I haven't found the answer. Sorry if it was already asked.
After applying if we fall under AP, is there a risk that the investigation goes over the end of September 2016 or the quota is already reached by the end of the investigation and the GC process is canceled?
Thanks for your insights.

I searched on the forum but I haven't found the answer. Sorry if it was already asked.
After applying if we fall under AP, is there a risk that the investigation goes over the end of September 2016 or the quota is already reached by the end of the investigation and the GC process is canceled?
Thanks for your insights.

Yes - that can and does happen.

Today February 10 is my luckiest day, the US consulate called me to inform they are preparing the immigrant visa package, after some administrative issues. I checked on CEAC and all visas are ISSUED. I still cannot believe it.....

Many thanks to Britsimon, SusieQQQ, EURO2014 for your support, I find it hard to understand how you guys find time to assist thousands of people worldwide.

Jakelexani, Samir801, Alem1991 and all others in AP, hang in there, be confident. I am sure you will get good news just when you think there is no more hope. Same happened to me...

Today February 10 is my luckiest day, the US consulate called me to inform they are preparing the immigrant visa package, after some administrative issues. I checked on CEAC and all visas are ISSUED. I still cannot believe it.....

Many thanks to Britsimon, SusieQQQ, EURO2014 for your support, I find it hard to understand how you guys find time to assist thousands of people worldwide.

Jakelexani, Samir801, Alem1991 and all others in AP, hang in there, be confident. I am sure you will get good news just when you think there is no more hope. Same happened to me...

Congratulations!

Excellent, Pitbulltr, congratulations!

Waw Congratulations friend I am very happy for you , where are you from ?

Very best luck to you,enjoy you r new life.

Lol you really speak Dutch or you just did some auto translation?
You probably can see that from my sentence structure in Dutch... Not that it is of much relevance now, yet why did you have to apply for a B visa (which in turn could not be printed due to the fact that they had you down as a DV selectee in their system), when in fact you could have travelled under the Visa Waiver Program? Viele Grüße (which is "Greetings" in German, in case anyone should wonder).

It was a very odd situation. The B2 visa application was around March-April. During the follow up interview, the Officer asked me questions about my entry in the Diversity Visa Program. Apparently my passport number and details were in their system as a DV2016 selectee and therefore the system could not print the visa and they consequently refused the B2 visa. Then 1 month later, when the DV2016 results came out, I got the magical 1NL of being selected.
Congrats Pitbulltr....been following your updates. Quite interesting. But thank God you pulled through. Just curious, you say your B2 visa was denied because your passport number and details were in the system and this was before you were preselected or submitted DS260 forms. How did they have your passport details since eDV application doesnt provide for this?

hello friend , now they make the update release for all the family , before they made the updates only for me and my wife but also for my cheldrens, and for you there is no news ?

That s great news,something is happening i bet you ll be complete soon,i had another update last week on thursday other then that nothing new,i hope we all be complete soon

You probably can see that from my sentence structure in Dutch... Not that it is of much relevance now, yet why did you have to apply for a B visa (which in turn could not be printed due to the fact that they had you down as a DV selectee in their system), when in fact you could have travelled under the Visa Waiver Program? Viele Grüße (which is "Greetings" in German, in case anyone should wonder).
I was denied a J1 visa back in 2011 (214b), that is why I could not travel under the Visa Waiver Program anymore