applied for citizenship thru 3 yrs marriage but divirce after interview

lovelove

i applied n400 through 3 years of marriage last march 2014, i got my biometric, passed my interview and got oath ceremony but they didn't let me because got divorce before ceremony. i wanna know what can i do now?.. am i facing for deportation?.. i got 10 years permanent card, i was married to a IS citizen for 5 years..i've been 5 years green card holder. please i need belp..thanks in advance

You did not become a citizen because you no longer qualified under the 3-year rule. You just have to apply under the 5-year rule instead.

Thank you..i am just worried they'll deport me.. do i need to be married to a us citizen to apply for the 5 years rule?

Citizenship denial usually does not result in deportation or loss of the green card. The reason for denial and the underlying facts of your situation will determine whether you can reapply immediately or whether you have to wait some number of days, weeks, months or years.

For the denial to result in deportation, they would have to find that you lied during your citizenship or green card process, committed a crime that made you deportable, or they discover that you were not eligible for the green card in the first place (e.g. your GC was based on being an unmarried child of a green card holder but you actually were married at the time).

You don't need to be married to anybody for the 5 year rule, even if you obtained your green card through marriage. However, sometimes when you apply with the 5 year rule they may re-scrutinize your prior marriage if they suspect that it was a sham marriage designed just to get a green card, so you should preserve evidence of having a bona fide marriage.

So you have nothing to worry about. You can go ahead and reapply right now if you meet all the requirements for the 5 year rule (not just having a green card for 5 years, but also physical presence etc.).

Ill have my interview for citizenship tomorrow, I have been a GC holder since January 2008, always paid taxes, takes care of my kids as single mom, always work, but I had an incident back in 2010, I was arrested and charged a DUI, case close as nolle pros, meaning no prosecution, I did my probation, never got in trouble again (also my first offense) the arrest officer was a real A#%^ and charged me with assault an officer also but clearly case was not true, once the case finished I applied to seal the case and it was sealed, my question here is how probably could be I don't get approved just for that incident, which was my first and clearly a mistake??????????????please helppppppppppp

Did you just hijack the original thread? Normally, only a conviction would cause problems. One exception is if you previously lied about it or omitted it on your N-400 application then you could be in trouble.

Im sorry Harry, wanted to ask and didn't know how to start a new thread... But I would like to say how did it go, I went to the interview,all questions passed,everything was fine until they asked me the original disposition and I didn't have it with me since I paid an inmigration lawyer who robbed me and he has the original,now he is nowhere to be found, so I gave the original certification of the sealing of case, but they couldn't make a decision on my case until I provide the original disposition,they gave me 30 days to send it in, so bottom line is you do need the original disposition of the case if your arrest was before the 5 years rule,thats what the officer told me, my 5 years will be November this year so he said if I would have applied on December or January next year I wouldn't have that problem...also have to say the officer that interviewd me couldn't be more nice, make me feel really good, knowing that people still believe that we are human and make mistakes...Hope my experience can help

I am back to ask some questions.So,I applied for citizenship last 2014 thru 3 years of marriage.Everything went well but before my oath ceremony we got divorce so they denied me to attend oath ceremony.They sent me a letter about my denial and their decision:This is what my letters says:
" On July 19 2010,you obtained conditional permanent resident status through your spouse in immigration classification CR6 and your condition removed on December 13 2012.USCIS received your Form N-400 on July 01,2014,you appeared for interview to determined your eligibility for naturalization.
Generally,in order to qualify for naturalization under INA 319,you must demonstrate that you have been married to a living in marital union with your U.S. citizen spouse for 3 years preceding the filing of Form N-400 and you must be a spouse of a U.S. citizen from the time of filing the Application for Naturalization until you take the oath of allegiance.During your interview with an immigration officer and review of your record, USCIS approved your case and you were scheduledd for the oath ceremony on April 23,2015.At that time of you oath ceremony it was discovered that you and your husband are divorced,therefore you were removed from oath ceremony.On May 22,2015,USCIS issued a request for evidence(form n-14) requesting a copy of divorced.The record established that you were lawfully married on June 14,2009.On July 22,2014,you and your spouse filed petition to for dissolution of marriage.On July 23,2014,the petition was granted.
Review of the record shows that you have not demonstrated that since becoming lawful permanent resident you have been married to and living in marital union with U.S. citizen spouse for requisite time period in the United States.Therefore, you do not qualify for naturalization at this time."

Now,what can I do now?.Can I reapply now?..Do I need to be married to a US citizen to be able to apply for citizenship?..I have been 6 years greencard holder now.Please I need help...Thank you very much in advance.

I am back to ask some questions.So,I applied for citizenship last 2014 thru 3 years of marriage.Everything went well but before my oath ceremony we got divorce so they denied me to attend oath ceremony.They sent me a letter about my denial and their decision:This is what my letters says:
" On July 19 2010,you obtained conditional permanent resident status through your spouse in immigration classification CR6 and your condition removed on December 13 2012.USCIS received your Form N-400 on July 01,2014,you appeared for interview to determined your eligibility for naturalization.
Generally,in order to qualify for naturalization under INA 319,you must demonstrate that you have been married to a living in marital union with your U.S. citizen spouse for 3 years preceding the filing of Form N-400 and you must be a spouse of a U.S. citizen from the time of filing the Application for Naturalization until you take the oath of allegiance.During your interview with an immigration officer and review of your record, USCIS approved your case and you were scheduledd for the oath ceremony on April 23,2015.At that time of you oath ceremony it was discovered that you and your husband are divorced,therefore you were removed from oath ceremony.On May 22,2015,USCIS issued a request for evidence(form n-14) requesting a copy of divorced.The record established that you were lawfully married on June 14,2009.On July 22,2014,you and your spouse filed petition to for dissolution of marriage.On July 23,2014,the petition was granted.
Review of the record shows that you have not demonstrated that since becoming lawful permanent resident you have been married to and living in marital union with U.S. citizen spouse for requisite time period in the United States.Therefore, you do not qualify for naturalization at this time."

Now,what can I do now?.Can I reapply now?..Do I need to be married to a US citizen to be able to apply for citizenship?..I have been 6 years greencard holder now.Please I need help...Thank you very much in advance.
You do not need to be married to a US citizen to apply for naturalization. You can apply under the 5-year rule (you have continuously resided in the US as a permanent resident for 5 years), which you more than qualify for.

Just make sure your residence in the district, physical presence and continuous residence have been maintained for the 5-year rule.