• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2016 AOS Only

Do I Have to write my name as per the Passport or Birth certificate on the Documents like DS-260, AOS package,,,????

Usually, the name on the birth certificate is expected to match the name on the passport, except in a situation where you've done a change of name, either as a result of marriage or for whatever reason, in which case you want to make sure the name on the forms matches whatever is written on your passport. This ensures the GC (when issued) matches the passport.

Hi, I have two questions:

1) We are in a process of preparing the AOS package and just had a new baby born. As I understand, he automatically will get a US citizenship, so we don't need to include him in the application, right?

2) The DV administrative fee is $330 per person? So if we are filling an application for my wife, me, and two kids it will be 4 x $330?

Thanks!

Our address in US has changed since the 2nd NL. The old address appears in the DV Lottery Winner Letter and also in the 2nd NL.
Do we need to do something about it? Or just use the new address for all the documents in the AOS package and the administrative fee payment?

Thanks!

Hi, I have two questions:

1) We are in a process of preparing the AOS package and just had a new baby born. As I understand, he automatically will get a US citizenship, so we don't need to include him in the application, right?

2) The DV administrative fee is $330 per person? So if we are filling an application for my wife, me, and two kids it will be 4 x $330?

Thanks!

1. You don't fill out any form for the baby, you and your spouse simply get to list him on your forms as one of your kids.

2. Yes.

Our address in US has changed since the 2nd NL. The old address appears in the DV Lottery Winner Letter and also in the 2nd NL.
Do we need to do something about it? Or just use the new address for all the documents in the AOS package and the administrative fee payment?

Thanks!

Don't worry about the old address, simply use your current address.

Usually, the name on the birth certificate is expected to match the name on the passport, except in a situation where you've done a change of name, either as a result of marriage or for whatever reason, in which case you want to make sure the name on the forms matches whatever is written on your passport. This ensures the GC (when issued) matches the passport.
Thanks a lot,,,this information will help me...

Today I tried to do a walk in for fingerprinting and they asked whats the reason. I didnt have a good answer to that. They said in that case they cant do it they will do it if I had any travel or any other emergency. I turned back, in any case official date is on next week and the ASC is not far from my home.

I see that they updated the processing times on USCIS website.
NYFO: submission date of the last completed I-485 case could only go from April 7th to April 8th in one month (Nov30-Dec31). How great...

I see that they updated the processing times on USCIS website.
NYFO: submission date of the last completed I-485 case could only go from April 7th to April 8th in one month (Nov30-Dec31). How great...

Those times do not apply to DV cases.

Those times do not apply to DV cases.

I'm aware of that but that's the excuse they use to state that we're still in "regular processing time". All this wait make me think that the application of the memo about DV cases is arbitrary and depends on the FO. I feel like NYFO doesn't care much about the memo unless you submit your application close to the end of that FY.

I'm aware of that but that's the excuse they use to state that we're still in "regular processing time". All this wait make me think that the application of the memo about DV cases is arbitrary and depends on the FO. I feel like NYFO doesn't care much about the memo unless you submit your application close to the end of that FY.

And technically that is all they need to do... This is why people have said repeatedly that if you really want the timing to be when you become current rather than just during the FY, you should opt for CP rather than AOS.

And technically that is all they need to do... This is why people have said repeatedly that if you really want the timing to be when you become current rather than just during the FY, you should opt for CP rather than AOS.

Well my initial statement was how slow the NYFO is working. Not making much progress on I-485 cases in one month. It's just upsetting that there's not consistency between field offices regarding DV cases. Not that I expect my application to be processed in any special way.

I just found out that the San Diego FO (which is responsible for my stuff) and the Chula Vista FO (which is technically in San Diego too but way closer to the Mexican boarder, consequently waaaayyyyy slower than the San Diego FO) will move in together on March 5-8. Hopefully they don't loose my file on the go... I probably should calculate a bit more waiting time I guess >D FML

You may well be correct about the NYFO - and that same attitude is seen at other FOs. With my own case (San Francisco) they put my case and several others into early September slots - basically saving up their work to do as a batch. If that strategy works, then they have acted in accordance with the policy memo. They got it done just in time. As Susie said, one advantage of CP is the predictability of the interview - but there are many advantages of AoS which may or may not be important to you. It may be that you will find it less stressful if you "ignore" it for a while. Let them take their time. If you are living your life, does the speed of processing really matter?

When sending the cashier check for the DV administrative fee, they ask to include the case number on the check. Where exactly it should be written there? Just handwrite it on the back of the check?
Thanks!

You may well be correct about the NYFO - and that same attitude is seen at other FOs. With my own case (San Francisco) they put my case and several others into early September slots - basically saving up their work to do as a batch. If that strategy works, then they have acted in accordance with the policy memo. They got it done just in time. As Susie said, one advantage of CP is the predictability of the interview - but there are many advantages of AoS which may or may not be important to you. It may be that you will find it less stressful if you "ignore" it for a while. Let them take their time. If you are living your life, does the speed of processing really matter?

Totally. And I opted for AoS after considering pros and cons of both options. It's just my company that is putting extra pressure on me regarding this process. They're more anxious about the wait than I am. Anyways, I will put this fuss to rest for a while :)

Can someone advise me on what to carry for finger printing? To my understanding appointment letter, passport and driving licence. Is that all we need to carry?