EAD: Card Was Ordered To Be Produced

Hey guys i am newbie here and i have a pending asylum case and ead pending since last 38 days have also called them twice last week but the status still shows case received. The wait is killing me, I already have few job interviews lined up and i cant wait!

How much time they take in California SF for EAD Renewal. ...my EAD is going to expire in the end of this month. And I applied on 22 Dec 2015...realy worried abt current job..

How much time they take in California SF for EAD Renewal. ...my EAD is going to expire in the end of this month. And I applied on 22 Dec 2015...realy worried abt current job..
i just heard from a friend of mine that her husband got approved for EAD renewal within 60 days. however, it's not asylum-based, but immediate-relative. i doubt there is any difference in the processing time.

i hope your case got approved quickly, too.

i just heard from a friend of mine that her husband got approved for EAD renewal within 60 days. however, it's not asylum-based, but immediate-relative. i doubt there is any difference in the processing time.

i hope your case got approved quickly, too.
Thanx for reply..my case is asylum based.

I was the one who create this thread. This was almost a year ago when I was getting my first EAD card. I applied the the renewal on September 18, 2015. for months before my current EAD expires. it is now 4 months and 4 days and still my EAD renewal is pending. I called the USCIS so many time, requested to expedite my case, went to USCIS local office, filled Ombudsman, contacted my local congressman but still my case is pending in the Nebraska Service Center. I stopped working at first week of January when my EAD card expired. The first time I called to follow up the USCIS office was when my EAD card was pending for 85 days. Really I should have called them earlier but I thought they will complete within 4 months. They transferred my case from Vermont office to Nebraska office when my case was pending 3 months so that the Nebraska office will expedite it, but as per the Congressman's office , The Nebraska office is treating my case as a new case and they are calculating the processing time based on the date that the case was transferred to them which was December 18 not they date i filled my case which was 18 September. I am really frustrated and don't know what to do. Any suggestions or advices?

My Time line.
Filled asylum June 2014
Got my First EAD - Jan 2015
Applied my EAD renewal - Sep-18-2015 (pending as of Jan -18-2016)
Did finger prints Nov-2015 (2nd second print)
Did my interview - Nov-2015 (No decision yet)

Good news!!!!. They finally approved my ead card and is under production. I hope to receive it next week. I believe congressman's inquiry helped me. Its more than 4 month now since I applied the card. I'm really frustrated with the USCIS.
My advice to you guys: Send your ead renewal application exactly 4 monts before it expires and follow up with USCIS after 75 days.

Good news!!!!. They finally approved my ead card and is under production. I hope to receive it next week. I believe congressman's inquiry helped me. Its more than 4 month now since I applied the card. I'm really frustrated with the USCIS.
My advice to you guys: Send your ead renewal application exactly 4 monts before it expires and follow up with USCIS after 75 days.
Congrats..hopefully I get my renewal very soon...only 30 day passed so for

Hello everyone I'm a new member here. I have applied for political asylum in US on 13th of July 2015. Did my biometrics once thereafter and applied for EAD based on asylum applicant status. My case status shows case received on 28th of December 2015. My query is that how soon can i get the EAD so i can sustain myself. Best of luck to all and thanks in advance to whoever can offer any insight.

Hello everyone I'm a new member here. I have applied for political asylum in US on 13th of July 2015. Did my biometrics once thereafter and applied for EAD based on asylum applicant status. My case status shows case received on 28th of December 2015. My query is that how soon can i get the EAD so i can sustain myself. Best of luck to all and thanks in advance to whoever can offer any insight.
You were supposed to receive it already. Today is 02/07/2016, which is more than 30 days from the receipt date, so can call USCIS and inquire about your EAD card. You should expect to see your case status change to Card Production a day or two after the date that you call them. Then, you should receive your EAD card within a week.

Make sure you call USCIS on Monday!!!

You were supposed to receive it already. Today is 02/07/2016, which is more than 30 days from the receipt date, so can call USCIS and inquire about your EAD card. You should expect to see your case status change to Card Production a day or two after the date that you call them. Then, you should receive your EAD card within a week.

Make sure you call USCIS on Monday!!!

Thanks CWH.
I'll call the USCIS tomorrow.

So i called the USCIS and heres the response email i got from them..

The status of this service request is:

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) records show your case is in line to be reviewed by an officer. We ask that you allow additional time for this process to take place since we process these cases in the order received. If after 60 days you have not received anything in the mail, please contact the National Customer Service Center (NCSC) at the number provided below.

My online status is still the same saying my case was received on 28th of december...

What should i do now guys? I'm very much in need of my EAD soon as possible but the USCIS are saying to wait for another 60 days.
Any feedback from anyone with similar experience will be highly appreciated.
Thanks all and best of luck.

So i called the USCIS and heres the response email i got from them..

The status of this service request is:

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) records show your case is in line to be reviewed by an officer. We ask that you allow additional time for this process to take place since we process these cases in the order received. If after 60 days you have not received anything in the mail, please contact the National Customer Service Center (NCSC) at the number provided below.

My online status is still the same saying my case was received on 28th of december...

What should i do now guys? I'm very much in need of my EAD soon as possible but the USCIS are saying to wait for another 60 days.
Any feedback from anyone with similar experience will be highly appreciated.
Thanks all and best of luck.
Did you tell them that you inquired about "initial" EAD application? It sounded like they thought yours was a renewal application. You should call them back tomorrow and make sure they know it's the initial EAD, which you should receive it within 30 days.

I did explain my time line regarding the case and made it clear that 180 days have passed since i applied. My wife who had applied for EAD also made a case inquiry separately at the same time stating the same facts and she got the same response. Just hoping it works out for us. Should i really call them up back to ask if they understood?

I did explain my time line regarding the case and made it clear that 180 days have passed since i applied. My wife who had applied for EAD also made a case inquiry separately at the same time stating the same facts and she got the same response. Just hoping it works out for us. Should i really call them up back to ask if they understood?
I don't know about you, but if I were you, I would call them again and make sure that they understood I needed to have an EAD card within 30 days. I would mention about interim EAD (even though it has been known they do not issue interim EAD card anymore).

I made another phone call to USCIS today and got hold of the tier 2 officer. He acknowledged that my case was being treated as an initial. He further clarified that EADs are taking upto 4 months from the date that they receive the application due to a huge number of backlogged cases. Guess its a waiting game for me now.

I made another phone call to USCIS today and got hold of the tier 2 officer. He acknowledged that my case was being treated as an initial. He further clarified that EADs are taking upto 4 months from the date that they receive the application due to a huge number of backlogged cases. Guess its a waiting game for me now.
that is not right. i hope that your case status will change soon. or you might have to ask help from the represetative in your area (http://www.house.gov/representatives/). I receive this link from one of the forumers here.

Hi, im have an asylum application pending for more than 150 days, and I'm a bout to apply for work permit (EAD), I read there is no fee for the first time as asylum applicant. But I had a work permit before I apply for asulym. Will I have to pay $380 fee?

Hi, im have an asylum application pending for more than 150 days, and I'm a bout to apply for work permit (EAD), I read there is no fee for the first time as asylum applicant. But I had a work permit before I apply for asulym. Will I have to pay $380 fee?
I think NO, you don't need to pay anything if it as you saying first time applying for EAD based on pending asylum.

I'm NOT 100% sure, you could call USCIS and doable check with them. Here is there number 800-375-5283

My wife received message that EAD is processing her Card for printing ...so, i wonder whether she has to appear for Bio-metrics/Fingerprint testing after she receives card or before?? or it is required? Not many people clearly mentioned about this? Appreciate if somebody could clarify this. Also Let me know whether my wife can start work immediately after she receives the card? what if she doesnt work immediately, does it have any impact??