• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV-2015 winners and 2016 applicants South america and the Caribbean

I forgot to mention, I was able to find a place for the kids to take the PPD test! That's one more thing out of the to-do list. And my wife already booked the medical check!

Hello! This is my first post and I would like thanks all the experiences shares here!.
I'm waiting for my interview next week at Caracas Embassy. At this point I got all my papers and close to get all of them translated by a "interprete público".
Last Monday I completed medical examination at Dr R. Marcano and it was really fast and simple. For the kids test @Cornelio , they talk about go to Distrito Sanitario La Urbina, they got the last test from that place. Dr Marcano's Assistance encourage people to go personally Distrito Sanitario la Urbina, she said, if you call for sure they will say it's not available.

Hi @Efimera Thanks for your advise. I already took the kids to the "Hospital Clínico", at the UCV. They kindly helped us and it was so fast! At the Distrito in La Urbina they said they didn't have it either by phone or actually when we were there. When we made the medical appointment my wife told the nurse at Dr. Marcano's to advise people to go to the Clinico. We are going to the medical examination next week.

I wish you all the best at your interview! i hope you go green! :D:D:D:D:D

Hello! This is my first post and I would like thanks all the experiences shares here!.
I'm waiting for my interview next week at Caracas Embassy. At this point I got all my papers and close to get all of them translated by a "interprete público".
Last Monday I completed medical examination at Dr R. Marcano and it was really fast and simple. For the kids test @Cornelio , they talk about go to Distrito Sanitario La Urbina, they got the last test from that place. Dr Marcano's Assistance encourage people to go personally Distrito Sanitario la Urbina, she said, if you call for sure they will say it's not available.

There are two interview experiences from Caracas on my blog. Go to the link below and CTRL-F to search for Caracas.

http://britsimonsays.com/interview-experience-stories/

I forgot to mention, I was able to find a place for the kids to take the PPD test! That's one more thing out of the to-do list. And my wife already booked the medical check!

Cornelio good luck with the interview!! you and you're family are going to get it! just stay focus and organized! I'm traveling by the end of Feb to NYC to get my green card and run errands!

best wishes

Cornelio good luck with the interview!! you and you're family are going to get it! just stay focus and organized! I'm traveling by the end of Feb to NYC to get my green card and run errands!

best wishes
Hello @cmara25 !!! Thank you for your wishes! And yours, it sounds like a great plan! Wish you all the best!

Hi @cmara25! I have one question for you, did you register your profile at ustraveldocs .com to schedule the shipment of passport before your appointment? Im not sure if it's requiered for DV program. Thanks

Hi @Efimera As far as i know, Yes! That is a must! You even have to carry your printed "Zoom" confirmation page for the interview.

When you register you have to choose the DV1 category for you and DV2 for your dependents.

Thanks @Cornelio, I tried but it only shows the following Immigran visa types
221G Continued Case Call Back
Document Delivery Registration
K Visas
NVC No Show

Did you register already? Maybe I'm doing something wrong...

Hi @Efimera I'm just watching your post now. I couldn't find the link, but i managed to save this information a couple months ago. The instructions are as follow:

Create a profile at http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ve to schedule the shipment of passport(s) only. Applicants do not need to schedule an appointment. The following steps must be followed to create a profile and ensure the delivery of passports.
- Go to the website http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ve/
- Select “NO” when they ask you if this is your first time accessing the system
- Select “Create Account” and fill in the information requested
- Select “New Application”
- After creating and accessing your profile, please select “VISA TYPE”
- Select “IV Address Registration” click “Continue” and follow the instructions
LAST: When you arrive at the U.S. Embassy, please ask to be directed to the Immigrant Visa Unit. You have to wait in line for security screening, but not in the same line as nonimmigrant visa applicants. The Immigrant Visa Unit has a numbered ticket dispenser, and you will be called in the order of your arrival.
Only applicants, the petitioner, and their registered attorney will be allowed access to the Consular Section compound. Children under age 18 may be accompanied by their parents or guardian(s).
The consular officer cannot decide whether or not to issue you an immigrant visa until you formally apply and are interviewed. Therefore, we strongly recommend that you NOT make non-refundable arrangements or other travel plans until and unless you actually receive your visa.
Once an immigrant visa is approved, the Immigrant Visa Unit will return the applicant’s passport containing the immigrant visa and corresponding document package to the applicant via the local courier service, Zoom. The estimated delivery time is 5 to 7 business days. There is no additional fee for this service.

Hi @cmara25! I have one question for you, did you register your profile at ustraveldocs .com to schedule the shipment of passport before your appointment? Im not sure if it's requiered for DV program. Thanks
Hi Efimera! Yes you have to create a profile at ustraveldocs.com follow the directions that Cornelio posted above. You have to print it and take it with you to the interview, I printed 2 copies just in case. When they say your got your visa they ask you for the confirmation page. They only send via zoom and you have to pick it up at a zoom office. Mine took about 2 weeks then I got a text message on my phone saying the documents were ready to pick up at zoom. It's a large yellow envelope that contains another envelope inside. You only open the large one because it contains your passport and another information about the visa. You don't open the small envelope that has a seal on it, you have to hand out that envelope at the airport for immigration purpose and they open it there.

Hello! thanks for your help I followed @Cornelio directions. I had my interview yesterday and I got my approval.

Interview experience in Caracas (Venezuela) on February 4th. CN2016SA007XX.
My appointment was at 12:30 pm, I arrived at 12:15 pm approx. I passed through the first room with glass walls (where used to be zoom office) I showed up my 2NL and DS260 confirmation and they printed an adhesive label, then I passed through security checkpoints to finally go to the Immigrant Section. I took a number and sat down in front of windows 13 to 16 (12:35 pm aprox). There were 2 groups applicants waiting for immigrant visa interview.
At 1:05 pm the window 15 was open by a gentleman wearing glasses with a perfectly Spanish (maybe Venezuelan) and he call the first family to come to window for immigrant visa, a young lady was the first one, then a family of 5, and finally was my turn at 2:00 pm aprox. I went to the window so nervous I said Good Afternoon and showed him my 2NL.
He asked for my passport, the label and 1 photo. Then he told me you’re going to open the envelope of the medical exam and are going to give me the papers that are inside; then he asked for my birth certificates only photocopies and the original translations made by a Public Interpreter. Then he asked for the original Police records and the original translations; then he asked for my university and high school diploma certificates only photocopies and the original translations.
Then he asked if I completed ustraveldocs registration, I said yes and gave him the bar codes confirmation page.
While he was asking for the documents he made some questions: Have you ever married? What do you do for living? Which was the longest period you have stayed in USA? and who lives at the direction you put on DS260.
That is all!, less than 5 minutes.
After the interview he told what to do to pay the visa fees 330USD or 2079 Bs, and I should give back to him the payment confirmation. I spent about 15 minutes to complete the payment, it was crowded. I went back to the first CO and he asked me to go to windows 13, there another CO asked me to raise my right hand to make the oath of telling the truth and nothing but the truth; he took again my fingerprints and asked me which city I will move and Your visa have been approved! Congratulations! You will receive your passport in 10 days, you will received a zoom text message.
By the way, the 2 first families got approved too.

Yeeeeeeeessss!!! You did it! Congratulations, @Efimera !

Every Caracas experience has been successful so far, wich is relieving and encouraging. Actually, what i'm mostly concerned about is whether the exchange rate will vary for the moment of my interview. We'll see!

Yeeeeeeeessss!!! You did it! Congratulations, @Efimera !

Every Caracas experience has been successful so far, wich is relieving and encouraging. Actually, what i'm mostly concerned about is whether the exchange rate will vary for the moment of my interview. We'll see!
Thanks @Cornelio!! at http://ustraveldocs.com/ve_es/index.html?firstTime=No you can check Exchange Rate valid through a date. Usually, they change it monthly.
Current Consular Exchange Rate : 6.30 VEF = 1 USD
Current Rate Valid Through
: 29/02/2016