• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2016 AOS Only

@Pamuk,

By the way, my response regarding the link you provided wasn't an indictment directed at you. Your attempts at helping others by sharing the information you come across are certainly appreciated.

Mom, thank you very much for all your help. We are here to seek help and you are so patient with us. You take your time to show us the right direction as much as possible. This is wonderful and I appreciate it very much...

Hi guys.
This is getting bad. We had our interview almost one month back. The IO said approved. On the same day, we got mail about RFE and Continuation notice. Since there was no rfe for 2 weeks, we went to FO to ask about it. The window officer told it is with supervisor for approval. She told to wait 15 days. Tomorrow is 15th day. Today I called USCIS and asked about it. He told to wait till 5th Dec for RFE. Why is USCIS doing this? We are scared. I have booked another infopass after 2 weeks. Not sure what is going on with Indianapolis office. I havent seen such type of case in the forum. I hope not to go the path of congressmen for the case.

Dear Mom I have two first name (Sri Lankans usually have long names). So in some applications I have trouble typing my 2 first names in first name box due to lack of characters. So I include one first name in first name box and moved the other first name and middle name into middle name box. Is that ok?

Hey All,

I had an infopass today to follow up with my interview letter. The lady went to talk to the IO and after 5-10 mins of wait, told me that they have my files but have not scheduled any interview for the DV cases yet and said I should get my IL in Jan or Feb. In case you are waiting for your IL, you can check with the FO as it may bring your case to their attention as mom also mentioned before.

Dear Mom I have two first name (Sri Lankans usually have long names). So in some applications I have trouble typing my 2 first names in first name box due to lack of characters. So I include one first name in first name box and moved the other first name and middle name into middle name box. Is that ok?

I don't know if that is okay or not. However, be aware, if the other first name is listed under the middle name section on your I-485 form in particular, that name will be treated/listed as part of your middle name on your GC.

Hey All,

I had an infopass today to follow up with my interview letter. The lady went to talk to the IO and after 5-10 mins of wait, told me that they have my files but have not scheduled any interview for the DV cases yet and said I should get my IL in Jan or Feb. In case you are waiting for your IL, you can check with the FO as it may bring your case to their attention as mom also mentioned before.

Patience, patience, patience. Did you confirm if your background check had cleared when you attended your interview or when you went for the INFOPASS?

I don't know if that is okay or not. However, be aware, if the other first name is listed under the middle name section on your I-485 form in particular, that name will be treated/listed as part of your middle name on your GC.
Same issue mom even in I485 theres no space in the first name box to write my both first names. Issue is in SEVIS records both my first names are listed as first name. I dont mind in the GC where my names would get located. I dont think I can initialize my second first name. Should I fill that part of the application by hand? or fill the entire application by hand

Last edited:
Same issue mom even in I485 theres no space in the first name box to write my both first names. Issue is in SEVIS records both my first names are listed as first name. I dont mind in the GC where my names would get located. I dont think I can initialize my second first name. Should I fill that part of the application by hand? or fill the entire application by hand

Yes, you may fill the ENTIRE I-485 by hand using black ink/pen. Don't just complete the first part by hand, you need to be consistent.

Patience, patience, patience. Did you confirm if your background check had cleared when you attended your interview or when you went for the INFOPASS?

I have an infopass scheduled for next week. Is there a way to find out about the background check before the appointment? Or should I ask at the infopass meeting?

Thanks

I have an infopass scheduled for next week. Is there a way to find out about the background check before the appointment? Or should I ask at the infopass meeting?

Thanks

One could call the USCIS 1800 number and try to speak with a tier 2 officer.

Hi Mom! Whiles filing for AOS on the form i765 what will be the appropriate response to the eligibility section (Who May File Form). I selected (C) (9) (left blank). Is this right?