How to check your travel history

mdelpiero

Registered Users (C)
Hi everyone,

I did a little bit of research among the posts but didn't find the answer to my questions. I'll make it short with the following 3 questions.

1. Is there any way to check your travel history recorded as a Permanent Resident? My 4 years and 9 months will complete soon and I will be filing my naturalization application but I'm not sure about my exact travel dates outside the country and whether I have broken the continuous residency or not.

2. Is that true that if I apply and get denied on the application I have to wait another 4 years and 1 day from the date of interview?

3. my last question is about the re-entry permit. If you apply for it and never actually use it will it reset the clock?

I really appreciate your answers.

Thank you

Matt

1) There's a new way to get these dates from CBP but I read that they might be incomplete. So do not count on it.

2) No. If it gets denied due to continuous presence it starts from the day you reestablish the presence.

3) No.

1) There's a new way to get these dates from CBP but I read that they might be incomplete. So do not count on it.

2) No. If it gets denied due to continuous presence it starts from the day you reestablish the presence.

3) No.

I think CBP only provides the dates for non-immigrants not GC holders.

Hi everyone,

I did a little bit of research among the posts but didn't find the answer to my questions. I'll make it short with the following 3 questions.

1. Is there any way to check your travel history recorded as a Permanent Resident? My 4 years and 9 months will complete soon and I will be filing my naturalization application but I'm not sure about my exact travel dates outside the country and whether I have broken the continuous residency or not.

2. Is that true that if I apply and get denied on the application I have to wait another 4 years and 1 day from the date of interview?

3. my last question is about the re-entry permit. If you apply for it and never actually use it will it reset the clock?

I really appreciate your answers.

Thank you

Matt

Check entry and exit date stamps on your passport(s)

What is your travel history like? If you traveled a lot and and for a long time each time, it's better to be accurate about the dates. If not, then approximate dates are fine.

Your pasport isn't always stamped with a date for both entry and exit from each country. We ran into this problem and we called asked about this, they suggested that you can do a Freedom of information request. We called and asked them about it and you do it online through the customs and immigration. It works.

Your pasport isn't always stamped with a date for both entry and exit from each country. We ran into this problem and we called asked about this, they suggested that you can do a Freedom of information request. We called and asked them about it and you do it online through the customs and immigration. It works.

Any idea how long this takes? Has anyone actually done this and what does the file they give you look like? excel sheet? letter with a long list of dates and entry/exit locations?

It took ours several months and they had a several pages of printouts. It had a lot of redacted (Blacked out) information on it. It had dates and port of entry and exit on ours.

Any idea how long this takes? Has anyone actually done this and what does the file they give you look like? excel sheet? letter with a long list of dates and entry/exit locations?
I

submitted a FOIA request for my entries and exits a month ago and I am still waiting. Did you receive yours? How long did it take?