• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2016 Winners Meet Here

hello great forum. i have been reading the post for a long time and it has greatly help. my own problem is that i re-submitted my form just this november end. cn AF20XXX
My fear is that even if i go current in january or february VB, given the present 15500 and considering the fact that the VB will speed up, i may be receiving 2nl letter late in march or april for may or june interview. is this realistic due to my late submision?

That depends when you originally submitted your DS260 and what you changed in November.

hello everyone. Thank you for this forum and all the help. i have been reading your comments since that "session time out" message on 5th may :)
my case number is 2016 EU23XXX.
i have a few questions
1. i submitted my ds 260 on 3 november. do you think i was late?
2. i ticked yes in the vaccine question because i thought everyone should answer yes and then do the vaccines. i obviously haven't done all these vaccines. so do you think i should reopen my ds260 and change my answer to no or it is too late now? will this cause a problem?
please help i am really anxious about this

hello everyone. Thank you for this forum and all the help. i have been reading your comments since that "session time out" message on 5th may :)
my case number is 2016 EU23XXX.
i have a few questions
1. i submitted my ds 260 on 3 november. do you think i was late?
2. i ticked yes in the vaccine question because i thought everyone should answer yes and then do the vaccines. i obviously haven't done all these vaccines. so do you think i should reopen my ds260 and change my answer to no or it is too late now? will this cause a problem?
please help i am really anxious about this

1. Were you late? Yes of course. However were you TOO late - NO! You will get interviewed, but you will need to wait a few months - you have caused some delay but submitting late.
2. That won't be an issue. You answered incorrectly, but this question is not a disqualifying question.

1. Were you late? Yes of course. However were you TOO late - NO! You will get interviewed, but you will need to wait a few months - you have caused some delay but submitting late.
2. That won't be an issue. You answered incorrectly, but this question is not a disqualifying question.
that's ok then as long as i get interviewed.. thank you so much for your help
so you think i shouldn't send a message to reopen the ds260, right? its better to just leave it that way?

that's ok then as long as i get interviewed.. thank you so much for your help
so you think i shouldn't send a message to reopen the ds260, right? its better to just leave it that way?

I'm saying there is no need to correct it. Not that it is better.

Hello Experts,
Am a DV 2015 selectee and have already been issued a visa after my interview went successful on Sept 2015, unfortunately i got a job offer here in Kenya as a supervisor with a multinational company, am just so confused should i take the offer or i proceed with my relocation to US. An engineer in profession with 3 years experience and i just feel like getting a Biomedical engineering job in US could be tricky and struggle considering that my papers might not been recognised.
Any advise please!!

Hello Experts,
Am a DV 2015 selectee and have already been issued a visa after my interview went successful on Sept 2015, unfortunately i got a job offer here in Kenya as a supervisor with a multinational company, am just so confused should i take the offer or i proceed with my relocation to US. An engineer in profession with 3 years experience and i just feel like getting a Biomedical engineering job in US could be tricky and struggle considering that my papers might not been recognised.
Any advise please!!
Am not an expert in this forum but my humble opinion: Am an engineer working in a blue chip company in Kenya, have my own home in Nairobi and relatively doing well. Yet I eagerly hope to win the DV2017 and gain my Visa. There are diverse reasons for seeking DV. For you it appears that a 'good' job is your drive. For me, desire to give my kids a global platform is key. At the end of the day the decision is yours. If i were you I would dive to the deep end....and if need be swim out back to kenya later.

Hii @moses gitonga , i'm an engineer too and working now in civil and environmental engineering , still young, single, good pay, and i know i won;t struggle with salary, but i join @coronahope , i won dv2016 aand i won't hesitate to relocate, having a good job, means you gonna have a good life, but can you save for you childs, have some saving and start a private business to have multiple income sources, and be one day the boss too, ( i prefer a leader word instead of boss ) will you be able to support your parents too if they are in need ? and the list goes on,
i did so much searches about engineering in usa,salaries and diplomas, and i found this, National Council of Examiners for Engineering and Surveying, to perform as an engineer, you have to take a exam called FE or EIT , and to have this exam, you should evaluate your diploma by NCEES, i ll add a link about how to do it. and then they will tell you, if you had all necessary credits, and i think you would have enough, then they will ask you where you would like to transfer your evaluation, ( to the center where you would like to have the exam ) by state, for example, California , then you will have your exam there, and if you pass, you will be considered as Engineer In Training, and meet some offer job requirements, that ask for FE/EIT. and give a good salary you won't have in your home country.
after that, there is a PE exam, this one give you the ability to seal draws and open a consulting company, and give you a very high pay and so on, to have this exam ........ Have EIT - work under supervision of PE Professional Engineer for 4years, - apply for the exam. pass , now your are PE .

you gonna find, everything in this links.
http://ncees.org/credentials-evaluations/the-evaluation-process/
http://ncees.org/credentials-evaluations/faq-video/
http://ncees.org/
Browse the website and give it a day to understand very well how it work.
your motivation is the salary that an engineer have in usa and the working environment,
in the end, the choice is yours , and wish you best luck with whatever you choose.

ps: hope someone may add something if i missed it, or correct something if i misunderstood it too. thank you .

We got the approval
The passport within 2 week
I want to thank each admin and each member here
This forum is very useful and very helpful

How do I followup the Visa status?

Guys I have a big problem..
I booked the flight tickets 2 weeks ago to travel on 9th of June and my interview will be 20th December.my medical was yesterday 3rd of December
I thought the visa validity will be 6 months from interview I.e until 20th June.but I knew now that it is six months from medical I.e June 3rd before my flight by 6 days..is my information right or am I wrong.what can I do?
Btw I am from Cairo Egypt

Guys I have a big problem..
I booked the flight tickets 2 weeks ago to travel on 9th of June and my interview will be 20th December.my medical was yesterday 3rd of December
I thought the visa validity will be 6 months from interview I.e until 20th June.but I knew now that it is six months from medical I.e June 3rd before my flight by 6 days..is my information right or am I wrong.what can I do?
Btw I am from Cairo Egypt

They always tell people, at the end of the interview, not to make any travel arrangements until they actually get back their passports with the visa in it and you went ahead and booked your flight even before the interview itself. Your interview date obviously cannot be brought forward. You can either keep your fingers crossed and hope your visa validity period is counted from the date of your interview, or make changes to your travel plans now.

Also clearly stated on the dvselectee website.

That's right. I used the interview scenario as an extreme example because that's the stage people often get so excited and carried away when they don't even have the actual visa yet - even at that stage they tell people not to resign from their jobs, make travel plans, etc. And this person that hasn't even gone for the interview has already bought flight tickets.

I'm pretty sure CEAC isn't updated as yet for 2016.

You do have a case number. It's the one that became current.