• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2016 OC Selectees

are there any hard and fast rules re timing of medical prior to interview? I'm having mine done this Thursday (in Melbourne) and then we have our interview in Sydney on Tuesday morning. I'm concerned they won't send my medical record to the consulate in time. Anyone had any trouble with this or not to worry?

are there any hard and fast rules re timing of medical prior to interview? I'm having mine done this Thursday (in Melbourne) and then we have our interview in Sydney on Tuesday morning. I'm concerned they won't send my medical record to the consulate in time. Anyone had any trouble with this or not to worry?
You'll probably be placed on AP (Administrative Processing case), meaning that you will have to wait a wait a few extra days to get your passport back. This is not a big deal--just frustrating!

You'll probably be placed on AP (Administrative Processing case), meaning that you will have to wait a wait a few extra days to get your passport back. This is not a big deal--just frustrating!

What's AP stand for?

If it's only a few extra days, definitely not phased, that's all good.

When you do your medical do they give you the results in sealed envelope to take to interview or does dr send directly to embassy for your interview?

It depends. Some have been sealed and people take them to the interview. Ours were not sealed and we took them to the interview. Others have theirs sent directly to the consulate.

hey all, as per the email from the consulate with all the instructions saying to email their office saying yes I can attend interview... I sent the email to support-australia@ustraveldocs last Monday night. Haven't yet got a reply. Did everyone get a reply relatively quickly?

Should I be worried? Send another email? Call the support number? - Or have I missed something and should contact the consulate directly to confirm?

Hi All
I am a newcomer to the forum world but thought I should introduce myself. OC2016 selectee (2016OC000005XX) living in London with my husband. Received my 2NL and have an interview in January. Does anyone else have any experience having their interview at the London embassy?

Have medical booked this month and police checks underway. All very surreal! Thanks for everyone's input. It has been very helpful and interesting reading through the thread!

Hi All
I am a newcomer to the forum world but thought I should introduce myself. OC2016 selectee (2016OC000005XX) living in London with my husband. Received my 2NL and have an interview in January. Does anyone else have any experience having their interview at the London embassy?

Have medical booked this month and police checks underway. All very surreal! Thanks for everyone's input. It has been very helpful and interesting reading through the thread!

Welcome - there are several London experiences here (CTRL F and enter London)

http://britsimonsays.com/interview-experience-stories/

hey all, as per the email from the consulate with all the instructions saying to email their office saying yes I can attend interview... I sent the email to support-australia@ustraveldocs last Monday night. Haven't yet got a reply. Did everyone get a reply relatively quickly?

Should I be worried? Send another email? Call the support number? - Or have I missed something and should contact the consulate directly to confirm?
I got a reply pretty quickly - can't hurt to send another email, or give them a call. Have you set up your online account? And did you provide your CN etc?

I got a reply pretty quickly - can't hurt to send another email, or give them a call. Have you set up your online account? And did you provide your CN etc?

thanks gemka :) - funnily enough, they finally replied this morning, so i'll put it down to thanksgiving delays perhaps.

Hi there,
I have my interview scheduled for Sydney and have my fingerprint police certificate back (no discloseable court outcomes) but I was wondering if I also need to produce a record of a court appearance? I went to court in my early 20s for not paying my rego.. I just received a small fine - I was never arrested and conviction was recorded. I have no documentation on it but I'm sure I could investigate further if anyone knows if it's required..
Any advice would be appreciated.
Thank you

sitting in the waiting room for my medical. Apparently none of my results will be ready by the interview - (annoying, as I had called ahead to check this prior to booking and they said all would be fine) so looks like everything will be sent to consulate post my interview in Sydney on Tuesday.

I guess I can make the assumption that I'll be put on AP for a week or so? If my husband has all his stuff ready will he get his and I'll need to wait or do they treat us as the same as it's the same case number (with him being the primary applicant?)

sitting in the waiting room for my medical. Apparently none of my results will be ready by the interview - (annoying, as I had called ahead to check this prior to booking and they said all would be fine) so looks like everything will be sent to consulate post my interview in Sydney on Tuesday.

I guess I can make the assumption that I'll be put on AP for a week or so? If my husband has all his stuff ready will he get his and I'll need to wait or do they treat us as the same as it's the same case number (with him being the primary applicant?)

damn, that does suck :( i dont know about the AP unfortunately. but i wonder if i'll be in the same boat as i only have a week between medical and interview. what results in particular? was it around the vaccinations? or something else?

damn, that does suck :( i dont know about the AP unfortunately. but i wonder if i'll be in the same boat as i only have a week between medical and interview. what results in particular? was it around the vaccinations? or something else?

no they just said that the X-ray that is due to come from a different centre will take longer than 24 hours, but I spoke to the X-ray place and they said it will be ready by tomorrow and Sonic Health Plus will have it in their possession by then so I'm a bit confused as to why I can't pick it all up by COB tomorrow.

They took my bloods, etc and the doctor said everything is fine. I might hassle them on the phone tomorrow just to double check I can't pick everything up before flying to Sydney on Sunday. God this post makes me sound entitled (I promise I'm not). haha :p

Yes, you will be on AP until the medical comes through. No big deal though - the AP won't cross a month end - so it won't cause complications...

Yes, you will be on AP until the medical comes through. No big deal though - the AP won't cross a month end - so it won't cause complications...
thank you :)

My husband's police check has just arrived with one offence "Driving an unregistered vehicle" - he was fined $50.

Will they still let us in the country? o_O

thank you :)

My husband's police check has just arrived with one offence "Driving an unregistered vehicle" - he was fined $50.

Will they still let us in the country? o_O

Yes, but he will only be able to get a driving license in redneck states (where unregistered vehicles are the norm)...

;-)