• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2016 Winners Meet Here

Looks like a screw up on KCC's part, however I don't think that error can by rectified through them any more since they've sent your file onto Yerevan, Armenia, or they're in the process of doing that.

The solution to this will be to contact the Yerevan embassy, explain your situation and request for them to transfer your case file to Turkey. Once Turkey receives your case file, they will schedule your interview and provide you with a new date. This error unfortunately will further push your interview date forward.

i called the kcc and theyre told to me send email to us and explain your situation .

i called the kcc and theyre told to me send email to us and explain your situation .

Good! So go ahead and send them the email as requested. Remember to follow the instructions for sending email to KCC provided on your selection notification letter.

Dear experts,...
Got a dv2016 comrade who's just made it to the interview and GOT TOLD to PRODUCE EITHER OF THE FOLLOWING after being issued with a yellow letter:

>whatsapp/SMS/Facebook chat history between him & the host, or
>a photo of him and the host

NB:Apparently,he has never had a conversation with the host,(always did it via the host's spouse.)
Meanwhile,it occurs to me that the host (a cousin to the applicant)had instructed him to say he is just a friend.

Any advice accorded to him is highly appreciated.For us to know the way forward.

Thank you in advance.
That's the problem with lying during an immigration process. If had explained precisely the relationship he has with the host and how they communicated, things might have ended differently.

Anyway, does he have records/evidence of his communications with the host's spouse? If he does, then he should forward that with a note explaining how they've always communicated.

In addition to what Mom says I wan't to urge your comrade not to lie further. A host who is a stranger to an applicant is not going to be considered likely to support the applicant if needed. So - they are trying to establish a relationship. If the host is truly a cousin, prove that relationship. As Mom says, find records of conversations through the spouse. But if the whole thing is a pack of lies, then it is hardly surprising that they doubted the story.

Having received the Interview Appointment date, do I need to acknowledge/Confirm or Register anywhere? Or should my wife and I simply proceed with medical examination etc. and appear for interview on the date provided?

Having received the Interview Appointment date, do I need to acknowledge/Confirm or Register anywhere? Or should my wife and I simply proceed with medical examination etc. and appear for interview on the date provided?

No need to confirm although some embassies will ask you to register with a courier. They will contact you in due course if that is required. Book your medical.

Thanks a lot sm1smom and Britsimon for your kind support....I pray that things are gonna work out fine for the comrade.

good afternoon,

I just attended my interview and been asked to provide a bank statement without a reason. I asked whether there was a minimum financial threshold and just then the lady mentioned that I should exhibit at least $10k to $15K in form of savings, holdings, properties.

Point 1: why is this information hidden until the interview? why are not these documents clearly stated in the "prepare your documentation" section?

Point 2: I barely reach $6k (having to pay $2k for the DV fees so far didn t help) and have just a part time job as a waiter at the moment since I am doing a working experience in schools in order to get a permanent position as science teacher in January.

Q1: Should I postpone the sending of my statement until I can collect some more money or find another job?
Q2: can I ask parents and friends to send some cash to my account just to reach 10K or will they have suspects if they see these transactions in my recent statements?
Q3: is there any rule on how recent do these statements have to be (e.g., last month, last 3months, etc)?
Q4: Should I fill an affidavit form? can my parents be my sponsor? I don t have any other. I am 37yo.

Thank you in advance

good afternoon,

I just attended my interview and been asked to provide a bank statement without a reason. I asked whether there was a minimum financial threshold and just then the lady mentioned that I should exhibit at least $10k to $15K in form of savings, holdings, properties.

Point 1: why is this information hidden until the interview? why are not these documents clearly stated in the "prepare your documentation" section?

Point 2: I barely reach $6k (having to pay $2k for the DV fees so far didn t help) and have just a part time job as a waiter at the moment since I am doing a working experience in schools in order to get a permanent position as science teacher in January.

Q1: Should I postpone the sending of my statement until I can collect some more money or find another job?
Q2: can I ask parents and friends to send some cash to my account just to reach 10K or will they have suspects if they see these transactions in my recent statements?
Q3: is there any rule on how recent do these statements have to be (e.g., last month, last 3months, etc)?
Q4: Should I fill an affidavit form? can my parents be my sponsor? I don t have any other. I am 37yo.

Thank you in advance

It's not "hidden" info. It's clearly stated that you must not be a public charge and these forums, britsimonsays blog etc talk a lot about the financial requirements. Your parents can only sponsor you if they are resident in the US. There is no one size fits all requirement for public charge as it depends on age, qualifications etc and that is why there is no "bring a bank statement showing X" however.

I'm a little confused as to how you spent $2k in DV fees so far, unless you have a very large family coming with you (which I doubt given the amount you were asked to show)?

It's not "hidden" info. It's clearly stated that you must not be a public charge and the onethese forums, britsimonsays blog etc talk a lot about the financial requirements. Your parents can only sponsor you if they are resident in the US. There is no one size fits all requirement for public charge as it depends on age, qualifications etc and that is why there is no "bring a bank statement showing X" however.

I'm a little confused as to how you spent $2k in DV fees so far, unless you have a very large family coming with you (which I doubt given the amount you were asked to show)?

Hi SuzieQ, sorry for coming back to you bit late but I just finished my shift...
Well, I shall thank you for your reply, even though I can t hide a slight disappointment, since I would have appreciated an answer to at least one of my four questions.
But since you seem to be the one confused between us, as you say, let me be the one to help.
So I'll try to extinguish your confusion:
  • 150 for the agency I paid to play the lottery on my behalf during the past 4 years
  • 350 for all the certified translations of birth certificate and academic titles (I m a PhD so I have a few...)
  • 70 + 50 + 30 for the Japanese, UK and Italian police certificates, 20 for the pictures (for some unknown reason the US format seems to cost almost double the normal ones...)
  • 250 for the medical examination + extra 50 for tetanus boost and seasonal influenza + 60 to get blood analysis to prove I am immune to MMR (definitely the most absurd among all...) , since unfortunately my family doctor (who did this mandatory vaccination just 30 years ago...) has died and there was no record of the exact day of the shots...
  • and finally, the 220 fee for the (5min) interview at the US embassy
In total it is 1250. Great Britain Pounds.
Sorry, I forgot to mention that I reside in the UK, which to the current change means $1,899.
You can easily double check on the web for every single expense voice, if you're still confused.
If we include flight tickets and other transportation costs to countless offices which I didn t keep track of (and who knows which other hidden fees awaiting), we easily get to 2k and beyond. And I m not even complaining about that.
Just hope that helped clarifying your doubts.

Regarding the hidden info. I never heard or really care about the other sites you mentioned, nor I am due to know them.
The travel.state website (and it only) has been so far without any problem, and is still supposed to be my official reference and as such it has the duty to inform about ALL requirements, including such financial requirements IN ADVANCE.
It is not just some random "bank statement showing X", as you say, it is a clear request of a bank statement showing a minimum of $10K per adult person, OR a job offer from the US, OR a sponsorship from parents in the US, as I just found out elsewhere.
I wouldn t have quit working 3months ago to start a working experience in schools if I had previously been informed I had to show $10 to 15K in my bank account.
And I m quite confident I am in good company.

Now, I would really love someone to answer my questions 1 to 4 please, if that is the purpose of this forum. Or I ll just be happy to search elsewhere.

Thank you

Last edited:
Hi SuzieQ, sorry for coming back to you bit late but I just finished my shift...
Well, I shall thank you for your reply, even though I can t hide a slight disappointment, since I would have appreciated an answer to at least one of my four questions.
But since you seem to be the one confused between us, as you say, let me be the one to help.
  • 150 for the agency I paid to play the lottery on my behalf during the past 4 years
  • 350 for all the certified translations of birth certificate and academic titles (I m a PhD so I have a few...)
  • 70 + 50 + 30 for the Japanese, UK and Italian police certificates, 20 for the pictures (for some unknown reason the US format seems to cost almost double the normal ones...)
  • 250 for the medical examination + extra 50 for tetanus boost and seasonal influenza + 60 to get blood analysis to prove I am immune to MMR (definitely the most absurd among all...) , since unfortunately my family doctor (who did this mandatory vaccination just 30 years ago...) has died and there was no record of the exact day of the shots...
Sorry, I forgot to mention that I reside in the UK, which to the current change means $1,899.
You can easily double check on the web for every single expense voice, if you're still confused.
If we include flight tickets and other transportation costs to countless offices which I didn t keep track of (and who knows which other hidden fees awaiting), we easily get to 2k and beyond. And I m not even complaining about that.

Regarding the hidden info. I never heard or really care about the other sites you mentioned, nor I am due to know them.
The travel.state website (and it only) has been so far without any problem, and is still supposed to be my official reference and as such it has the duty to inform about ALL requirements, including such financial requirements IN ADVANCE.
It is not just some random "bank statement showing X", as you say, it is a clear request of a bank statement showing a minimum of $10K per adult person, OR a job offer from the US, OR a sponsorship from parents in the US, as I just found out elsewhere.
I wouldn t have quit working 3months ago to start a working experience in schools if I had previously been informed I had to show $10 to 15K in my bank account.

Now, I would really love someone to answer my questions 1 to 4 please, if that is the purpose of this forum. Or I ll just be happy to search elsewhere.

Thank you

I am so sorry for not answering your questions in detail exactly as you seem to expect and giving you a general answer instead, and that your lack of reading around (including on this forum) means you missed many posts that would have clearly pointed you to the US poverty guideline which is the $10k referred to by the officer; hopefully someone else who is not as offended by your attitude will answer your questions 1 to 4 exactly as you expect.

In the meantime you may want to look at the final FAQ on the lottery instructions again http://travel.state.gov/content/dam...Translations/DV_2016_Instructions_English.pdf before going on about how "hidden" this is. It states "If you are selected to apply for a DV, you will need to demonstrate that you will not become a public charge in the United States before being issued a visa. This evidence may be in the form of a combination of your personal assets, an Affidavit of Support (Form I-134) submitted by a relative or friend residing in the United States, an offer of employment from an employer in the United States, or other evidence."
(If you didn't read them because you paid an agency to enter for you that is your fault or the agency's, not DoS.)

Last edited:

Thank you

Wow. Just wow. That response is stunning both in the level of ingratitude / petulent manner and what the answer reveals about your attitude toward people and life. Everyone else is "confused", the process or requirements are "absurd", you don't want to read any of the rules or the tiresome task of reading other sites that are provided by others at their cost to help people like you, without charge.

I won't answer your questions, because I am offended by your attitude, although I have explained financial requirements in detail in one of those sites you don't care about.

It is a pity you didn't bother to read the official FAQ when you entered the lottery, or didn't bother to prepare properly for the interview. I am not at all surprised though that they put you on AP for financial support since you are a PHD qualified, 37 year old, single person living in the UK who has wiped out 25% of your life savings on the DV process. The $6k you have left will barely cover flights and expenses for a decent holiday in the USA - let alone emigrating there. So when presented with someone who is so qualified and yet so fiscally inept and so poorly prepared for a life changing interview, I too would be doubting your ability to survive without government assistance!

This forum does not charge money. MANY people have received guidance on the DV process from helpful people here, including SusieQQQ (one of the most helpful), who tried to help, but received your unfortunate response. So - feel free to go and read more and answer your own questions.

Last edited:
good afternoon,

Thank you in advance
Q1: Certainly - according to the information you received, i.e. $10k to $15k as minimum, sending any statement below this threshold would not make much sense, would it?
Q2: As concluded above, you will need to bring your savings up, any way you can, to above stated minimum amount - once you are in that position you may ask your bank to provide you with a separate balance confirmation statement, i.e. excluding latest deposits etc.
Q3: As you surely have guessed, the bank statement has to be a recent one - the consulate may ask you to provide concurrent statements for last several months, however, in case they consider documentation not 100% kosher.
Q4: Any AoS sponsor needs to be a US citizen or Legal Permanent Resident. If your parents are one or the other and have sufficient funds, yes they can sponsor you. Same logic for friends or other relatives, if available.
Makes sense?

Q1: Certainly - according to the information you received, i.e. $10k to $15k as minimum, sending any statement below this threshold would not make much sense, would it?
Q2: As concluded above, you will need to bring your savings up, any way you can, to above stated minimum amount - once you are in that position you may ask your bank to provide you with a separate balance confirmation statement, i.e. excluding latest deposits etc.
Q3: As you surely have guessed, the bank statement has to be a recent one - the consulate may ask you to provide concurrent statements for last several months, however, in case they consider documentation not 100% kosher.
Q4: Any AoS sponsor needs to be a US citizen or Legal Permanent Resident. If your parents are one or the other and have sufficient funds, yes they can sponsor you. Same logic for friends or other relatives, if available.
Makes sense?
Concise and exhaustive. That definitely makes sense.
Thank you for being punctual and professional on my inquiries, I really appreciate it.
Kind regards

hello 2016 winners = )
i am kinda worried about my CN (2016EU23XXX) it seems to be pretty high :(
does anybody know how many selectees from Europe?

hello great forum. i have been reading the post for a long time and it has greatly help. my own problem is that i re-submitted my form just this november end. cn AF20XXX
My fear is that even if i go current in january or february VB, given the present 15500 and considering the fact that the VB will speed up, i may be receiving 2nl letter late in march or april for may or june interview. is this realistic due to my late submision?