• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 winners from Europe

Congratulations to @n.n. and @Farida Nelson on their visas.

A reminder to anyone: when you receive the immigrant packages, check immediately for any tear or cut. I received yesterday 4 packages (wife's, mine and children's). I didn't have time to check them, so I put them in a plastic bag and rushed to catch a bus to go to my country. Once inside the house, I checked the packages and noticed that my wife's ‘Immigrant Data Summary’ sheet that was stapled to the documents inside the package was torn off. Mentioned this to my friend in US, who said it's fine and that's not a problem at all. But, just in case, I sent an email to the embassy this morning, explaining the torn document. I just received a reply that I need to go to the embassy tomorrow to bring my wife's passport and packet with me and they will issue a new sheet.
So, don't leave anything to chance. If you see that something is off or missing from the documents (don't peak inside the package though, you might damage it), ask the embassy about it and get their opinion.

Today we've received e-mails with PTT tracking numbers and passport delivery details (all family members received an e-mail). About 15 minutes after that they've also sent sms to both of our cellphones. So we went to the post office and received the passports and the immigrant packages. I have checked all of the packages, after reading @LulKosova 's warning and luckily I didn't find any tear or cut.

So, this is the end of this long road of instability and fear. I want to thank everyone who helped us through this process.

Moderators - you guys are amazing! You are doing invaluable work in helping people understand this complicated process, helping people solve the issues that they would (in some cases) never solve without a professional help of attorney. THANK YOU!!!

We are flying to St. Louis, MO on October, 5th.

Thank you all!!!

Today we've received e-mails with PTT tracking numbers and passport delivery details (all family members received an e-mail). About 15 minutes after that they've also sent sms to both of our cellphones. So we went to the post office and received the passports and the immigrant packages. I have checked all of the packages, after reading @LulKosova 's warning and luckily I didn't find any tear or cut.

So, this is the end of this long road of instability and fear. I want to thank everyone who helped us through this process.

Moderators - you guys are amazing! You are doing invaluable work in helping people understand this complicated process, helping people solve the issues that they would (in some cases) never solve without a professional help of attorney. THANK YOU!!!

Thank you all!!!

Congratulations and good luck.

We even solve some issues that would never exist without professional help from an attorney. ;)

Thank you all!!!

Awesome, have a good flight and all the best for your new adventure :)

Not sure if this is still relevant to this thread, but I finally received my green card in the mail (several months AFTER the initial 30-day period that I was originally told that I would receive the card in, but also several months BEFORE the revised date I got at the CIS office). Now I'm really all set. Fingers crossed.

According to a friend - she's an immigration attorney - the biggest risk I'm facing now that I'm settling into a normal life in the US is to get a DUI. But even that is super-unlikely as I never drink and drive

I dont even know what a "apostille" is so I assume I got police records without. I didnt do anything out of the ordinary when I obtained my police records.
Hi Pelle,
I see that you had your interview in Bern, so am I, I will have mine in mai (2018!). Could you tell me more about how it went and what papers they asked for, ...
That would be of great help to me and my husband !
Thank you in advance,

Hi Pelle,
I see that you had your interview in Bern, so am I, I will have mine in mai (2018!). Could you tell me more about how it went and what papers they asked for, ...
That would be of great help to me and my husband !
Thank you in advance,

That poster hasn’t been back since 2015!