citizenship interview: decision ca not be made because i mistakenly answered that I am aregistered v

joyful2009

Hello everyone,
I recently went for citizenship interview and the immigration officer said a decision cannot be made on my case based on the fact that i said i had registered to vote. I had actually filled that i hadnt registered to vote in my form but during the interview i mistakenly answered yes to the questio. now the immigration office has requested that i bring proof of my voter registration.
Please can any one advise and what i should expect.
Thank you.

Hi
Hello everyone,
I recently went for citizenship interview and the immigration officer said a decision cannot be made on my case based on the fact that i said i had registered to vote. I had actually filled that i hadnt registered to vote in my form but during the interview i mistakenly answered yes to the questio. now the immigration office has requested that i bring proof of my voter registration.
Thank you.
hi I hope you got your citizenship by now.

My case is opposit of yours lol

I just filled n400 and I answered no to that question and later on I found out that in back 2013 I have registered to vote by mistake someone aproche me and asked me if I can register to vote I told him I'm not a citizen and he said that's okay, he said just register and hold it till u get your citizenship then vote . I've never vote and I already canceled the registration . But my concern is should mention this to the officer that I mistakenly put no to that question or just ignore it and act like I've no idea about the registration .?

Hi,
You will require to provide evidence of the cancellation of your registration to vote.The interviewer may tell, you can make changes on your application if you have proper evidence & you will require to tell a valid reason for the change.

Disclaimer: usimmigration-center.com DOES NOT provide any legal advice and users of this web site may visit USCIS to ger more information about their issue.
Thank you for your reply

Update : I found out that application to register were filed on 12/8/2012 and it was Sunday . I remembered that I was in a seafood festival I was as a vender selling my product, so some guy approached to me and asked me if I ever register to vote I answered him that I'm not a citizen yet he asked me if I'm LPR I said yes he told me just register to vote and wait till u get your citizenship then vote, but I was busy with customers , I handed him my business card it has my address and phone number, he took and left I didn't file it myself or signed it I just wanted him to leave me alone. I though he was going to mail something. I had no attention to register to vote or something I know better. I forgot all about this one day I was googling my name I found out my name is in register to vote it shocked my heart.

Now I went to supervisor of election I canceled my name and never voted, they gave me the proof . And I told them this is fraud someone used my name. I filed complaint fraud of election with the state. Now the fraud state office handling the case. The state attorney in that office told me we will send a writing letter when we come with the final decision.

Do u think I'm doing the right thing?

Hello everyone,
Thank you.

Hi how are you? What happened with your case ? Did you become a us citizen yet ? Please let us know I have the same situation

Thanks

your answer was responded to privately. Just memorize what you are going to say and stick to the phrase " I have never registered, never voted, and they made a mistake that they have corrected" . Don't say anything else. Period. Keep repeating the same phrase until he gets it. Say it nicely if you have to explain. Remember, he has your file.

Hey brother how are you? Just wanna discuss something with u please, I called 1800 number today the Uscis phone number, I told them about this matter I told him that I answered no to that question have u ever register to vote ? So he adviced me not to bring it up at the interview, if the officer didn't ask you about it just don't mention it if he asks you explain what happened then . What do u think ? I don't know if they will find out or not

Hi guys how are you? My interview was today and the IO gave me a paper ( Form N-652) .

The IO checked that : congratulations your application is recommended for approval. At this time it appears that you've established your eligibility for naturalization. If final approval is granted you'll be notified when and where to report for the oat ceremony .

Does it mean that I'm all good now ?

Update : got an email says that we paced u in line for oath ceremony. Is that mean the supervisor approved me?