• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2016 OC Selectees

but 33 is the complete check? So I'm not sure why he was stressed, unless he mis-typed 33 and 35.

Sorry, your right I had the numbers back to front. I had the Standard Check (showing only unspent) not the Complete check (showing spent and unspent) I was stressed this was the wrong one. but it seemed okay. If I had to do it again I would get the complete check, to be safer.

Sorry, your right I had the numbers back to front. I had the Standard Check (showing only unspent) not the Complete check (showing spent and unspent) I was stressed this was the wrong one. but it seemed okay. If I had to do it again I would get the complete check, to be safer.

As I mentioned in my interview report, I also saw someone get accepted with the "Unspent Offences" Police Check 35. I'm surprised since you could use this to hide a few issues.

WOW!! - So I just got an email from Sydney IV saying my visa has been issued!

That was quick!

Next question. Does anyone know how long the Green Card takes to be delivered once you've paid the "USCIS Immigrant Fee"

I'm thinking of going for two weeks in Feb/Mar to activate, and would be staying probably in an AirBnB place. Not sure what I should do...

As I mentioned in my interview report, I also saw someone get accepted with the "Unspent Offences" Police Check 35. I'm surprised since you could use this to hide a few issues.

Lol! Sydney Consulate is hilariously chill it seems.

I remember a few years back when I had to go pick up my passport from there with a student visa in it, the only other photo ID I had to pick it up with was an expired license with a hole stamped through it and I was worried they wouldn't accept it, but they didn't even say anything... o_O

Ah well, their cool, calm and collectedness bodes well for the rest of us then!

Yep, Sydney are quick. Sydneysiders have been known to get theirs the next day in the post. We are in Melbourne and got ours on the Thursday of the week we interviewed.

The actual Green Card takes six weeks from the time you activate, or from the date of when you paid it if you pay it after activation.

WOW!! - So I just got an email from Sydney IV saying my visa has been issued!

That was quick!

Next question. Does anyone know how long the Green Card takes to be delivered once you've paid the "USCIS Immigrant Fee"

I'm thinking of going for two weeks in Feb/Mar to activate, and would be staying probably in an AirBnB place. Not sure what I should do...

Actual physical green card normally takes 6 weeks up to 3 months from the time of activation / payment (from what people have reported).

If you're talking about the GC Visa stamp in your passport, that normally only takes a week at most once the visa has been issued.

Yep, Sydney are quick. Sydneysiders have been known to get theirs the next day in the post. We are in Melbourne and got ours on the Thursday of the week we interviewed.

The actual Green Card takes six weeks from the time you activate, or from the date of when you paid it if you pay it after activation.
Can confirm, Had attempted delivery today, will be going in the morning to pick up!! Next, booking flights!!

PS Air New Zealand is having a massive sale from AUS to San Francisco with fairs for $930 in Feb next year. (ends 19 Oct)

Actual physical green card normally takes 6 weeks up to 3 months from the time of activation / payment (from what people have reported).

If you're talking about the GC Visa stamp in your passport, that normally only takes a week at most once the visa has been issued.
Yeah so im asking about my Actual Physical green card. As I wont be in the US when it gets delivered...what should I do?

@EmilyW what did you do when you activated with your physical greencard?

Yeah so im asking about my Actual Physical green card. As I wont be in the US when it gets delivered...what should I do?

When you completed your DS-260, you would have had to put a physical address in the US down. I'm assuming you put an address of people that can forward the mail on to your Australian address (or at worst are able to keep hold of your card for you until you get back to the US)?

When you completed your DS-260, you would have had to put a physical address in the US down. I'm assuming you put an address of people that can forward the mail on to your Australian address (or at worst are able to keep hold of your card for you until you get back to the US)?

Not really, the address is an office of the company my partner works for. His work is moving their operations to San Francisco probably early next year, so its a temporary place that collects mail and sends it on, has some office space the CEO can book when he's in town etc.

My brother lives in the US. We had everything (GC, bank accounts, SSN) sent to his address and he forwarded it on to us.

Not really, the address is an office of the company my partner works for. His work is moving their operations to San Francisco probably early next year, so its a temporary place that collects mail and sends it on, has some office space the CEO can book when he's in town etc.

Do you have any family / friends in the US already that would be prepared to receive the GC for you and forward it on?

hello guys does any one of you know why i cant get anything if i try to check for my visa status in ceac they keep on saying invalid case number

So its official.
I picked up my passport with my VISA in it! Its in my hands.

Thanks @Britsimon, @EmilyW and @SusieQQQ. Britsimon I read your blog a lot, thanks for taking the time to help us DVer's out!

Hopefully I can help people get through the process now also! I think I might also start a blog once I'm ready to move.

Right now my plan is to head to San Francisco in Feb for two weeks before moving mid next year. Is anyone else looking at moving to San Francisco?

So its official.
I picked up my passport with my VISA in it! Its in my hands.

Thanks @Britsimon, @EmilyW and @SusieQQQ. Britsimon I read your blog a lot, thanks for taking the time to help us DVer's out!

Hopefully I can help people get through the process now also! I think I might also start a blog once I'm ready to move.

Right now my plan is to head to San Francisco in Feb for two weeks before moving mid next year. Is anyone else looking at moving to San Francisco?
My two sisters lives in San Francisco and they absolutely love it.. I am willing to go there for a short period of time and then settle in New Jersey with my twin sister:) I am still waiting it sucks.

Medical and police check in Fiji does not state size of photo required - just mentions passport size photographs. I am not sure to use 2" x 2" or the 3.5cm x 4.5cm (Fiji standard) sizes. What did you guys in Aust or NZ use?

Hi Guys. I have some questions. If i attended one years in MBA and then quited. What should write in diploma degree and certificate receveid field? Second my wife has been working 3years and every year there is one month training . So should we choose yes or no for the question" does your job requires at 2years of work experience or training?". last one what is differece between degree and diploma? Thanks alot

Medical and police check in Fiji does not state size of photo required - just mentions passport size photographs. I am not sure to use 2" x 2" or the 3.5cm x 4.5cm (Fiji standard) sizes. What did you guys in Aust or NZ use?

Our checklist from the Sydney consulate says US sized passport photo.