visitor visa for mother - 10 year visa expired and renewal

confusedn400

Registered Users (C)
i need help and guidance with the visa renewal for my mother, she is 60 years old, and now i am usa citizen.

my parents has 10 year visitor visa which is expiring in jan 2016. they have visited 3 times usa and have never overstayed or any other issue with the visa and stuff.

i want to renew the visa, or rather re-apply and wanted to check on following items:
1. is the visa renewal process, same as applying again for the visitor visa, and provide all the documentation that was provided during 1st time
2. i am now usa citizen , does that make visitor visa application process difficult/easy
3. i lost my father, so this time the visa is only for my mother, does this make visitor process difficult?

please advise. thanks in advance.

A1: Yes, more or less the same process
A2: Neither here or there. They have an avenue open now towards permanent residency so it can go either way
A3: This too can go either way. If your mother has an established travel history to/from the US, it should not matter.

^^ thanks for the response. really appreciate it.

on item 2: the parent has avenue open towards permanent residency but still applying for visitor visa, with a good travel history to/from. Shouldn't that be considered positive? If her intention was to stay in USA, why do visitor visa and stay illegally when I as a citizen can apply for her GC.

any known cases where visitor visa renewal was declined because sponsoring child is now citizen?