Affidivait of support to my parents.

GC tracker

Hello,

Iam US citizen. Does not work. dependent to my husband. Take care of kids and other responsiblities. I have applied for GC for my parents. The petition is approved. Doing final papers. I have question about affidivait of support. Can my brother give affidivait of support to my parents instead of my husband.

My brother is Canadian Citizen. But working in USA on TN visa. Does his affidiavit of support accepted.

Please let me know. Thanks

You, as the petitioner, must always do an Affidavit of Support. If your income is not enough, you can either count income from your "household members" into your household income on your Affidavit of Support, or there needs to be a "joint sponsor" who fills out a separate Affidavit of Support and whose household income needs to be sufficient. Your husband is your "household member" and his income can be counted in your household income if he agrees and does I-864A. Your brother could be counted as your "household member" if he lives with you (I am assuming this is not the case). Your brother cannot be a "joint sponsor" because a joint sponsor must be a US citizen or permanent resident.