Looking to move to America to live with my boyfriend and perhaps marry.

TepidFate

I'm sorry if I've posted this in the wrong place, and I apologize in advance for my lack of knowledge on this topic entirely. I've been browsing these forums for a few days trying to find similar topics and haven't really come across anything that answers my questions. If anyone could direct me to the right place, that would be great, too.

So, here it is:

I met my boyfriend online and after about a year of long distance dating, I decided I wanted to meet him in person and see what it would be like to live with him. Currently I'm on month 5 of my 6 month stay in America and am very seriously considering staying with him in America permanently. I never even considered living in America before and have pretty much no knowledge on the terminology or the laws regarding immigration. I was looking around on other sites as well but some have conflicting and outdated information, or hardly any detail.

I am a Canadian citizen and he is an American citizen. I have a few questions:

- I'm returning to Canada on November 1st after this six month stay and was wondering if it's okay if I come back in the new year in January. I honestly don't want to be apart from him too long. I know that I can stay six months in one year but am not sure if there's a grace period between visits.

- I want to start living with him permanently and am not sure of the best way to go about this. We are thinking of marrying eventually and don't want to rush it, but that seems like the answer to stay with him. If there is a way for me to immigrate successfully without marrying him in the process, that would be preferable (so we can pick when to marry). However I don't have an official job anywhere as I sell the things I make online and know I can't get sponsored for work to come to America. There has to be some reason for immigration, right? Not that I just want to live in America and will find a job eventually.

- What else can I immigrate on the premise of?

- If immigrating on the premise of marriage, what exactly is the process of going about that?

A1: A genuine visitor should never spend more than 6 months in the US during a rolling 12 month window.
A2: Do you qualify for work based status, like TN and/or H-1B?
A3: Employment based
A4: Read up on K-1 visas