• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2016 OC Selectees

VB says Oceana is 525 in December. Man, they are tearing up OC this year. Slightly behind last year (last year was 650 for December) but, without the long tail that the OC had last year, it seems like they are already nearly halfway through the case numbers.

@connectedspace, get your things today matey, you're going to AMERICA!

I sure hope so! I need to get my military records together -- takes four months.

They are going quite fast. I'd expected a much slower pace given the lower overall number and higher proportion of Aus and NZ visas. Not complaining!

And I call it SanFran. San-Frannites can complain all they like. (Although by the sounds of it, Frisco could be my new favourite. Frisco and Friscans. Nice ring to that.) :D

I hope so, I am so stressed, anxious, scared and every disturbing word you can think off. I hope it ends, I am telling you I haven't felt these feelings for a long time.. Fingers crossed its gonna end up good and you will then see lots of :) :) :)
Yep, it's only human to be anxious. Good thing is, you will definitely win and set the pace for the rest of OCers 2016...

Hoping to get my 2NL for my interview in Paris this time around! My case number is 2016OC2XX, so have been current for a little while now, but submitted my DS260 in early August. Spoke to KCC and they said I'll probably have an interview in December. Trying to exercise patience, but still crossing my fingers and toes :) Good luck everyone!! ;)

Hi and thanks for the approval to join in the forum. I too am very excited to have received notifications for further processing of dv however i am a bit worry that i have just completed the DS 260 form and sent it at end of sept last month. i am not very familiar with CN and cut of dates. so here is my query about getting an interview i mean when is likely my appointment to be scheduled as im in fiji on official trip and expecting to be here til middle of Dec so im wondering if i can still make it for my interview with having this CN 2016OC00002xx. i hope and wish that somehow i am scheduled sometime before mid-Dec when i will be returning home, it will save lot of money to come again to fiji for that interview otherwise i might have well do it now when i have this chance.

Hoping to get my 2NL for my interview in Paris this time around! My case number is 2016OC2XX, so have been current for a little while now, but submitted my DS260 in early August. Spoke to KCC and they said I'll probably have an interview in December. Trying to exercise patience, but still crossing my fingers and toes :) Good luck everyone!! ;)

I doubt they will have processed for December interview. They only got to mid June 2NLs for November, so I don't think we will get through all of July...

Hi and thanks for the approval to join in the forum. I too am very excited to have received notifications for further processing of dv however i am a bit worry that i have just completed the DS 260 form and sent it at end of sept last month. i am not very familiar with CN and cut of dates. so here is my query about getting an interview i mean when is likely my appointment to be scheduled as im in fiji on official trip and expecting to be here til middle of Dec so im wondering if i can still make it for my interview with having this CN 2016OC00002xx. i hope and wish that somehow i am scheduled sometime before mid-Dec when i will be returning home, it will save lot of money to come again to fiji for that interview otherwise i might have well do it now when i have this chance.

Your interview won't be in December - that is certain. More like February or March.

I hope so, I am so stressed, anxious, scared and every disturbing word you can think off. I hope it ends, I am telling you I haven't felt these feelings for a long time.. Fingers crossed its gonna end up good and you will then see lots of :) :) :)

I can't wait for your interview report! :)

@guestgulkan where you so scared about it just like me or am I over reacting?? I can't sleep lol:)
I need to RELAX and go with the flow right!!!
I wish I can though:)

I did not sleep well for weeks beforehand. And the night before, my dreams were what I imagine a really bad trip to be. I ended up waking up at 4.30 on the Tuesday morning and just sitting next to the hotel window watching Martin Place wake up.

I have the originals for all required documents for the interview, however, just for that extra peace of mind, I went ahead and did a certified true copy of all these documents. I will be taking the originals and the certified copies of each document to the interview.

1) My question is - do I still need to have 2nd copies (non--certified) of each document?
2) Do I need to make more than one copy of the 1NL, 2NL and the confirmation of DS-260 entry submission document?
3) I will be keeping the documents in a clear file - certified copy underneath each original. Will I need to take out these documents from the clear file when handing them over to the officer for checking and verification?
4) My wife is the principle applicant, however, I will be taking my documents [education and work details] too. I assume my documents will be kept in my backup folder or should I include them in the main document list to show that we have the required qualifications to get a job in US to support ourselves?

Keep it simple. No need for certified copies but it won't hurt either. We got through with regular copies, as did the rest of OC2015.

In terms of how to present documents, we had two folders. One with the required documents (birth certificate, marriage certificate, education, police checks, medical) and another separate folder with back up documents. Don't offer anything that isn't asked. You just complicate the process and it doesn't need that.

Thanks @EmilyW.
My embassy specific instructions require 4 passport size photographs for medical. I am a bit confused - do/can I take the 2" X 2" photos for medical and police checks or should I stick with passport size photos in my country (which is: (2 inches wide X 2- 3/4 inches long)? I know it won't hurt to have spare photos of both types, but these are also quite expensive in Fiji.

Your interview won't be in December - that is certain. More like February or March.

thanks for that. another question, so when would i'm going to receive that 2NL? would i receive it in my personal email or do i have to check online just like the way i find out that i'm selected for further processing. so even if my CN is current for Oct, Nov, Dec and Jan i'm still up for Feb or March. well i just cant wait either way but appreciate the heads up.