• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Question about Lottery Photo

littly kittly

I am confused about the photo requirements for the lottery.

On the lottery application page, it links to this page:
www. dvlottery .state.gov/photo.aspx

The examples on this page show that the photo must include the shoulders in the photo.

But the application page also links to a photo tool. The photo tool itself links to a different examples on page. On this different page, the shoulders have been cropped off. Furthermore, if you use the photo tool, the shoulders will be cropped.

So which is correct. Do you need the shoulders on the photo or should they be cropped-off?

hello Mr simon my question is if my wife applied as married and puts on my details and I filled also as single will that lead to being disqualified?

hello Mr simon my question is if my wife applied as married and puts on my details and I filled also as single will that lead to being disqualified?

If you are selected, you will be disqualified. Why didn't you follow the rules?

You better hope that your wife is selected. Because you will be disqualified if selected.

Well, the question really is why apply and claim to be single if you're married?

Yes, as the others have said it was a bad error. I assume we are talking about your DV2016 win, so as the others have said you will basically be wasting your money to process your win.

However, honest question. Why did you do that? Had someone told you it would improve your chances somehow? I am asking so that I can "counter" that rumor - which is obviously incorrect.

alright didn't know
"Didn't know" to tick the 'married' box when confronted with the choices married/single/divorced, when you know you are in fact married?
That rather seems to say a lot about your potential intentions...in case you were going to get selected :eek:

"Didn't know" to tick the 'married' box when confronted with the choices married/single/divorced, when you know you are in fact married?
That rather seems to say a lot about your potential intentions...in case you were going to get selected :eek:

It seems there are some countries where people are told they have a better chance of being selected as being single. They don't get told that not only is this not true bit they will get disqualified if they are selected. So sad as the selection chance is identical but now it has been wasted.

Hey guys. I have a question regarding my photo. I had it professionally taken in a studio but the eyes are a tad pixelated :/ Not too much but i'm kinda worried..
Is there someone that wouldn't mind taking a look at my photo and give me their opinion?:)) Thanks..

Hey guys. I have a question regarding my photo. I had it professionally taken in a studio but the eyes are a tad pixelated :/ Not too much but i'm kinda worried..
Is there someone that wouldn't mind taking a look at my photo and give me their opinion?:)) Thanks..

Honestly - a lot of people are getting way too stressed over the initial entry photo.

As long as it meets the specified guidelines (principally that it's an clear actual photo of YOU, taken recently and hasn't been digitally altered) and it passes the photo tool, it's generally fine to use of the DV entry application. If you're worried about the photo, get another one taken IF you get selected next year (no, the DS-260 photo doesn't need to be the same as the one use for the initial entry application).