• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2016 OC Selectees

Hi @AcidPops my interview is on Tuesday at 8:00am. I have created an online account for my DV lottery but there was no DV option so I picked K2 visa instead. As for the financial situation you've got, you can always bring your payslips and whatever you have in savings and letter of employment and print as well your job description from the Onet website to show that you could easily get a job in the States ( this is NOT to qualify under work BUT to show that you will easily get a similar job when u get to the states) that's what I've done personally.
DS 260 doesn't have a photo but you need to bring one with you 5x5 cm.
I could easily access my 2NL, not sure why you can't, maybe try a different PC. I will take my old passport with me only cause that was the passport that I've used in my DV entry plus I have changed my name and had a new passport so I wanted to shaw that I am the same person. Hope this helps..
Good luck at your interview :)

Thank you so much for all this!! I'll definitely be taking on your advice and bringing that stuff in support. Although guaranteed they don't ask, better to be prepared!!
Best of luck with your interview too, excited to hear the outcome on Tuesday :)

Speaking from experience...
  • No need to bring every passport. Just the current one will suffice unless you have a different passport from when the DS260 was submitted to now.
  • We weren't asked to provide any evidence of bank statements etc but, as @Britsimon says, it's all about how you present yourself. Look neat, tidy and employable and you will be fine. Look like you've spent the night in the gutter and you might get asked a few questions.
  • The DV interview is not an interview. Well, not in our experience. He asked 'Why do you want to move to the US' to the husband, 'You did a degree right?' to the husband when he got confused with UK high school results, and 'So you've changed your name three times' to me. Other than that, it was a page turn where the CO checked our originals, kept the copies, yawned a few times and then said 'Ok, you're approved'.
It's hard to believe but the interview is the easiest part of the whole process. It's the most nerve wracking but in terms of process, it's a doddle. You guys will be fine. OC2015 went beautifully and I have no reason to believe that OC2016 won't do exactly the same.

That's good to hear! Calming on my frazzled nerves :)

I got my second email saying i need to set up a USTravelDoc account but when I click immigrant visa it says something about having a petition approved? Am I doing something wrong?

From memory, the ONLY way I could set up the account was to pick non-immigrant visa. The system really isn't geared for DV.

As long as ) you've set up an account and b) let the embassy know you have set up an account, it's all good.

From memory, the ONLY way I could set up the account was to pick non-immigrant visa. The system really isn't geared for DV.

I picked K fiance visa I think.

Really they just want your information pre-entered in their computer so don't worry about the visa and just enter all your details.

VB says Oceana is 525 in December. Man, they are tearing up OC this year. Slightly behind last year (last year was 650 for December) but, without the long tail that the OC had last year, it seems like they are already nearly halfway through the case numbers.

@connectedspace, get your things today matey, you're going to AMERICA!

VB says Oceana is 525 in December. Man, they are tearing up OC this year. Slightly behind last year (last year was 650 for December) but, without the long tail that the OC had last year, it seems like they are already nearly halfway through the case numbers.

@connectedspace, get your things today matey, you're going to AMERICA!

Yep - OC will be current very early....

Yep - OC will be current very early....

Do you think it is reasonable to assume that OC will continue to increase by 125/month going forward (as has been the case thus far)?

I have a trip already booked to visit the US at the end of Feb and as my number is OC65x, I am hoping I can do my activation trip at the same time.

I am up for December interview - 5xx. Reality has just started to settle in. Apologies in advance if I bother the forum experts over the next couple of months with some silly questions.

Already looking forward to having a coffee with @Britsimon in 'Frisco and telling Sofia in person how wonderful of a human being her dad is!

All good but
- DON'T call it Frisco!

Another great number - congrats everyone else who has gone current! Only three months in and we're already half way through the OC numbers, but I'm expecting we will start seeing a slow down next month. Will be interesting to see if the region even reaches quota this year...

Do you think it is reasonable to assume that OC will continue to increase by 125/month going forward (as has been the case thus far)?

I have a trip already booked to visit the US at the end of Feb and as my number is OC65x, I am hoping I can do my activation trip at the same time.

I'd say you'd be safe for a February interview.

Hmmm.

The number just released is for December interviews. January will probably go up 75/100. So - your interview will most likely be in February. If you happen to get early February, you might be OK, BUT the dates of your late February trip could get close...

Sydney interviews in February will be on 2, 9, 16 and 23. It takes about a week (maybe a couple of days less) to get your passport back after interview. So - 23 is probably no good for you and 16th may be iffy depending on your travel dates.

Given there will be spare visas for OC, you might not be too badly affected if you had to reschedule.