Waiting Asylum decision

Hello Guys,

I have a pending asylum case after the interview and pending EAD renewal application.
Yesterday I checked my ZAR(asylum application receipt) number on uscis webssite and it says card is ordered to be produced.

Is my asylum approved?
Could you share you timeline and AO with us pls?

Hello Guys,

I have a pending asylum case after the interview and pending EAD renewal application.
Yesterday I checked my ZAR(asylum application receipt) number on uscis webssite and it says card is ordered to be produced.

Is my asylum approved?

Yes :) you got approved .. Congratulations

Hi everyone
I'v been waiting for decision more than two years after the interview, I tried every way to expedite my case since I have very hard circumstances, lately I tried the ombudsman and they emailed me that it is going to take about 60 days to get an answer from the asylum office. I applied to renew my employment authorization card last month. Last week I'v got a notice to do second fingerprints and did it right away.
Do you think I can hope to receive an approval after the fingerprints or it's just related to the EAD renewal??
please help me guys, I'm sure you can imagine the hell that I'm going through.

Hi everyone
I'v been waiting for decision more than two years after the interview, I tried every way to expedite my case since I have very hard circumstances, lately I tried the ombudsman and they emailed me that it is going to take about 60 days to get an answer from the asylum office. I applied to renew my employment authorization card last month. Last week I'v got a notice to do second fingerprints and did it right away.
Do you think I can hope to receive an approval after the fingerprints or it's just related to the EAD renewal??
please help me guys, I'm sure you can imagine the hell that I'm going through.

I think you and I have a very similar timeline. The only difference, however, is that I received my second finger print notice in May and I applied for my third EAD card last month (renewal). Ombudsman sends me a similar email every 60 days as I contacted them the first time about 8 months ago. I don't believe they can help with anything, though! Like most of asylum applicants' cases, I believe our cases are just taking their time (2 - 3 years). Some of our friends on this forum, such as Asylum Seeker, received their final decisions after they had waited three years from the time they were interviewed. I hope our cases won't take that long, but we should expect that and just live our day until the final decision arrives in the mail. Good luck to both of us and everybody else who has been waiting like us.

I think you and I have a very similar timeline. The only difference, however, is that I received my second finger print notice in May and I applied for my third EAD card last month (renewal). Ombudsman sends me a similar email every 60 days as I contacted them the first time about 8 months ago. I don't believe they can help with anything, though! Like most of asylum applicants' cases, I believe our cases are just taking their time (2 - 3 years). Some of our friends on this forum, such as Asylum Seeker, received their final decisions after they had waited three years from the time they were interviewed. I hope our cases won't take that long, but we should expect that and just live our day until the final decision arrives in the mail. Good luck to both of us and everybody else who has been waiting like us.
Thank you for your replay orange leaf, I want to ask you about your AO, mine is Chicago and the are moving very slow

Hi every body do any one know why i didnt get any reply for the inquiry of asylum case ? It is been 3 months

Hi Samram:
You might have to contact them again because either they were so busy to respond or there is a small chance that your inquiry got lost in the mail. I'v been waiting for a replay for almost two months too.
Good luck

Hi Samram:
You might have to contact them again because either they were so busy to respond or there is a small chance that your inquiry got lost in the mail. I'v been waiting for a replay for almost two months too.
Good luck
Than u for replying . Do u think i can calland adked them even if i Have lawyer?

I think you can ,but the problem is they don't give any information through the phone. Either you have to go personally to the asylum office or to try to contact them by mail. You can do that by yourself and there is no need for your lowyer to do it.

I am waiting for the decision for about 7 months after interview, i wait 12 month for interview, now I am on visa H1b but in few months will expire, I have EAD
MY Q, what will happen if I will be out of status and my case denied ?

Thank you for your feedback

I think (but I'm not sure) that asylum applicant's visa loses it's value the moment he applies for asylum cuz while your case is pending you can stay legaly in the United States but you can't leave the country and come back without an advance parole or you will lose your case.
If your case gets denied you will be sent to the court and eaither you will grant asylum or you will be deported but this scenario could take many years and while that you can also stay legaly in USA.

If your asylum case denied you go back to your original status when you applied for asylum , even if you go out of status it will not be counted as unlawful presence, that is what my lower told me.

Please guys if anybody has information about decision after interview in Chicago asylum office can he please share it , I'm so desperate from this endless waiting, it looks like they are not giving any decisions anymore.
Note: I did my second fingerprints two month ago and still nothing.
I now many members of this group already got their decisions that they are not interested anymore, if they only remember how it feels when they were waiting I'm sure they would like to help.
Thanks everybody

Please guys if anybody has information about decision after interview in Chicago asylum office can he please share it , I'm so desperate from this endless waiting, it looks like they are not giving any decisions anymore.
I now many members of this group already got their decisions that they are not interested anymore, if they only remember how it feels when they were waiting I'm sure they would like to help.
Thanks everybody
I am still waiting too. No decision yet...

These fingerprints usually expire and USCIS needs to get new ones every 15 months or so!!! I know how it feels. I am so depressed too.

Thanks everybody

Hi, i signed up for you :)
3 weeks ago i had my interview in Chicago, today I got news that I was approved. God is truly good. I am now free from persecution and torments of my past. Please don't lose hope and make sure you have a lawyer that is not only on point but specializes in what you are seeking asylum for.

Thanks everybody
Hi! I use to wait 2 years for my interview and 2 months for decision. I know hou you feel but be patient and positive and everything will be fine! Keep bussy your mind with other things and in one day you'll find up your positive decision!

Hi guys, whats the implication of Asylum Officer not showing up for my interview ? USCIS admitted its a fault on their side with documentation proof(which I have a copy). They said another would be rescheduled in a month, its 3weeks now, no letter. Pls advice