• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2016 Winners Meet Here

Hi everyone,
I got schedule for november interview.
I want to ask about;
1. What's the procedure to cancel the scheduled interview appointment? Because of my financial situation lately and big inflation in my country recently (our currency drop so deep), i dont think i will "meet" their financial requirements. And i cant provide Avidafit of support. So im considering to cancel the interview.
2. What happen if someone cancel the interview? Is that mean the same as the applicant has been refused a visa?
3. After that case, are we more difficult to get another US visa in the future?
4. What is the best way regarding my situation? Should i cancel or should i keep going to the interview?

Thanks

Hi everyone,
I want to ask about;
1. What's the procedure to cancel the scheduled interview appointment? Because of my financial situation lately and big inflation in my country recently (our currency drop so deep), i dont think i will "meet" their financial requirements. And i cant provide Avidafit of support. So im considering to cancel the interview.
2. What happen if someone cancel the interview? Is that mean the same as the applicant has been refused a visa?
4. What is the best way regarding my situation? Should i cancel or should i keep going to the interview?

Thanks

In the interview, you might have a problem over finance, you might not. The only way to know is to attend the interview. Seems silly to stay in a country that is so badly run if you have a way out.

In the interview, you might have a problem over finance, you might not. The only way to know is to attend the interview. Seems silly to stay in a country that is so badly run if you have a way out.

Thank you very much for your advice. I really appreciate.
Im just being realistic, 6 month ago im still able to at least meet the finance requirement but now, our currency drop so low against US Dollar.
Im just curious, What happen if someone cancel the interview? Is that mean his/her status the same as the applicant has been refused a visa?

Thank you very much for your advice. I really appreciate.
Im just being realistic, 6 month ago im still able to at least meet the finance requirement but now, our currency drop so low against US Dollar.
Im just curious, What happen if someone cancel the interview? Is that mean his/her status the same as the applicant has been refused a visa?

No, you are not. Because technically, you are not refused a visa.
You have the right not to pursue your GC visa. You are not obliged to attend an interview and pay $330 per person.

Affidavit is not mandatory. If CO decides that you can find a job in US and will not become public charge, you can still get the visa.

1 what is IVR Account Identification Number ?
2 I was registering a courier from usvisa-info.com, I have filled every section correctly. I have put cn, passport number but I couldn't find DS 260 NUMBER any where in my Ds form, so, where can I get that number??

Hi everyone,
I want to ask about;

Thanks
Where are you from Arif? I thin you are from Kosovo based in your name!

Hi Mom, I was reading the "DV" thread, and came across the name explanation for Linda and Arif. Then I came to this thread.... stunned for a bit, and I know now why you were talking about "Arif".... ;)

dear moderator!!!
l am going to attend my interview on 3rd november...but I am quite serious because I got married at the age of 17 . and my marriage certificate is also accordingly...right now I am 25.. Does this case create me problem for further processing??

dear moderator!!!
l am going to attend my interview on 3rd november...but I am quite serious because I got married at the age of 17 . and my marriage certificate is also accordingly...right now I am 25.. Does this case create me problem for further processing??

No.

Hello everybody, and many thanks to Sm1smom and all the moderators for offering such a useful service through this forum.

Here's my case. I live in UK since 2012 and previously lived in Japan for 2 years.
I ve been scheduled my DV lottery interview for half november.
However, while doublechecking the documentation, I realized I forgot the Police Certificates. I ve already obtained the UK one, but the Japanese one takes about 2 months to be issued, and I won t definitely make it in time for the interview. Should I cancel the interview and delay it to the beginning of 2016 or can I just go for it and if asked, just tell them I ll provide the outstanding documents in a second time?
Moreover
- do I need to send any documentation to NVC too?
- am I going to have a physical examination before or after the interview?

thank you in advance for the attention

Hello everybody, and many thanks to Sm1smom and all the moderators for offering such a useful service through this forum.

Here's my case. I live in UK since 2012 and previously lived in Japan for 2 years.
I ve been scheduled my DV lottery interview for half november.
However, while doublechecking the documentation, I realized I forgot the Police Certificates. I ve already obtained the UK one, but the Japanese one takes about 2 months to be issued, and I won t definitely make it in time for the interview. Should I cancel the interview and delay it to the beginning of 2016 or can I just go for it and if asked, just tell them I ll provide the outstanding documents in a second time?
Moreover
- do I need to send any documentation to NVC too?

Don't reschedule the interview, attend the interview in November as scheduled, you will be placed on AP at the end of the interview until you can present the missing PCC.

No documentations to NVC, you present all your documents at the time of your interview.

Medical exam must be done before the interview. You should be booking the appointment by now.

Did your 2NL not include instructions about getting the medical done before the interview ?

Also are you sure you have now thoroughly read and understood the DVselectee pages (from the link on your first selection letter)? (Which also includes info on the medicals). You are already going to face delays due to not following the instructions on police certificates, best to be sure there is not something else you have missed too? (The police certificate is not going to be a case of "if asked" as you said - it is absolutely required for any immigrant visa).

Did your 2NL not include instructions about getting the medical done before the interview ?

Also are you sure you have now thoroughly read and understood the DVselectee pages (from the link on your first selection letter)? (Which also includes info on the medicals). You are already going to face delays due to not following the instructions on police certificates, best to be sure there is not something else you have missed too? (The police certificate is not going to be a case of "if asked" as you said - it is absolutely required for any immigrant visa).

Don't reschedule the interview, attend the interview in November as scheduled, you will be placed on AP at the end of the interview until you can present the missing PCC.

No documentations to NVC, you present all your documents at the time of your interview.

Medical exam must be done before the interview. You should be booking the appointment by now.

Thank you for the replies.
First of all, let me apologize for not knowing all the acronyms like 2NL. I don t remember about reading any instructions about the medical check, nor I found any mention on the /travel state gov/ website, in the "getting ready for the interview" and "if you are selected" sessions, and in general through all the process. I accidentally happen to read about physical examination while reading forums etc.
I ll try to double check the initial letter of notification, but it is strange it was not reminded elsewhere...Can I just book the medical exams with my GP?

First of all, let me apologize for not knowing all the acronyms like 2NL. I don t remember about reading any instructions about the medical check, nor I found any mention on the /travel state gov/ website, in the "getting ready for the interview" and "if you are selected" sessions, and in general through all the process. I accidentally happen to read about physical examination while reading forums etc.
I ll try to double check the initial letter of notification, but it is strange it was not reminded elsewhere...Can I just book the medical exams with my GP?

Oh wow! :eek::eek: Then you must have not been paying attention to what you've been reading because the "Prepare For the Interview" tab of the Travel State Gov you referenced above clearly says:

Schedule and Complete a Medical Examination

You (and each family member applying for a visa with you) are required to schedule a medical appointment with an authorized physician in the country where you will be interviewed. You must complete your medical examination, along with any required vaccinations, before your scheduled visa interview date. When your medical exam is completed, if you are given a medical exam envelope, you must bring it sealed (not opened) to your visa interview. Some physicians will send the medical exam results directly to the embassy or consulate.​

http://travel.state.gov/content/vis...visa/interview/prepare-for-the-interview.html

In your own best interest, I suggest you go back and carefully read all the tabs on that page again and click on referenced links applicable to your case.

Oh wow! :eek::eek: Then you must have not been paying attention to what you've been reading because the "Prepare For the Interview" tab of the Travel State Gov you referenced above clearly says:

Schedule and Complete a Medical Examination

You (and each family member applying for a visa with you) are required to schedule a medical appointment with an authorized physician in the country where you will be interviewed. You must complete your medical examination, along with any required vaccinations, before your scheduled visa interview date. When your medical exam is completed, if you are given a medical exam envelope, you must bring it sealed (not opened) to your visa interview. Some physicians will send the medical exam results directly to the embassy or consulate.​

In your own best interest, I suggest you go back and carefully read all the tabs on that page again and click on referenced links applicable to your case.

You re absolutely right, I totally skipped that section for some reason....
So it seems like another 250GBP to add up, at least... :confused:
Thank you very much for your precious help

You re absolutely right, I totally skipped that section for some reason....
So it seems like another 250GBP to add up, at least... :confused:
Thank you very much for your precious help

Its Harley Street price - you might find it costs you more than 250 quid.

Well, 250quids or 350 is not such a difference after almost 2000 paid so far....strange concept of "winning a lottery"

My H1B cost about $10000 and I was on that status for 6 months before I adjusted to LPR. I have friends that have spent over $20k and 10 years trying to get a Green Card - and many more have NO route to get a Green Card. So - the lottery still is the fastest/cheapest way to get a Green Card. I think you underestimate how big a deal it is. Of course - for someone from Western EU, the value is perceived as being less because you are already in a very good first world situation. For someone from other places and other situations, the benefit of a GC might be much more dramatic and at times closer to life or death.

2NL = 2nd notification letter, the one that tells you about your interview date. Ours included contact details of the approved doctors with an instruction to complete the medicals before the interview.